Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJudous
new grower, new poster, needs some growing tips
    #185338 - 01/20/09 11:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have only been smoking for about a year. But the last few months I have been researching into growing myself. I've researched strains and growing techniques but I have a problem that I do not know how to overcome and was hoping for some help.

I live in a 1k square foot apartment, my bedroom would definitely have enough space to grow. But I am worried about the smell while drying... I know it's very strong, and drying lasts weeks. Is it even possible to dry weed in an apartment? Or will I need to find some kind of house or barn in the boonies?

Btw I plan on growning 6 different types.

Hollands Hope
Jack Heror
Master Kush
Northern Lights X Shiva
AK-47
White Widow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr. Hands
Re: new grower, new poster, needs some growing tips [Re: Judous]
    #185612 - 01/20/09 06:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I would advise never growing anything in a building that is attached to other dwellings.  Smells will leak through the walls.  Your neighbors will complain.  I once had to calm down my hysterical neighbor from calling the police and the gas company because she smelled something "funny" and thought that the place was about to blow up.  Never fucking again will I take that chance. 

You might be able to get away with it if the operation is incredibly small or you have one of those expensive stealth cabs.  But, the last two weeks of flowering and the weeklong drying session is scary.  Your whole place will reek.  Even with a charcoal filter, ozone generator, and odor neutralizing agents I still have a hell of a time containing the smell.

Also, if you are in an apartment complex you need to worry about nosy landlords and maintenance men who are often allowed to enter whenever they want to. 

I wouldn't chance it my friend.

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: new grower, new poster, needs some growing tips [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #186063 - 01/21/09 07:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

While I agree with Mr. Hands for the most part, I grow in an apartment and nobody is the wiser, it just takes a bit of forethought. You will definitely have to contain the smell and light which requires some kind of cabinet or closet. Then you have to think about how you will exhaust air while still maintaining odor control.

I would also stick to one strain at a time especially for a new grower, let yourself get acquainted with the techniques before you try to go all out.

With a bit of planning it is certainly possible to grow where ever you are (except parents houses or dorm rooms :crazy2:). Good luck!

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck