Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Loc: A beach that dosnt quiver...
Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #177919 - 01/09/09 05:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So should I trim anything off of my plant? Or should I just let it go?

--------------------
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith or a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. "
- Charles Bukowski

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohnny420

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: amoignum6]
    #178001 - 01/09/09 09:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Let it run free...

as free as the wind blows

as free as the er...grass grows :wink::gethigh:

--------------------
:jah: :baggy: WE HIT THE TREES TILL WE LOOK VIETNAMESE :baggy: :jah:

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Johnny420]
    #178244 - 01/09/09 01:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You can try some training with string or wire LST fashion, but I wouldn't cut anything off.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#178286 - 01/09/09 02:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Cool, cool.  Thanks for the help guys!

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#179567 - 01/11/09 06:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ok new pics today.  Also an explanation of my watering system.  This really should look good for all of the ghetto growers out there.

First off the plant as she is now.

And up next is the icredibly ghetto setup that is kicking ass!

Pic 1:  My ghetto hydro system.  The shot glasses are to elevate the pot off of the standing water in the lower tray.  The black things are strips of an old tshirt (sanitized) that hang into this tray.  When i transplanted into this pot, I wrapped those strips around the old root ball.  I made sure to leave enough room for air to get through.  The white things are roots reaching down into the water resevoir.  I have to fill this once every other day.  I also clean it once a week.

Pic 2:  The fan.  Old computer fan.  Taped in. It pulls up air from under the box and it actually swirls the air around the plant and out the top.  Hotboxing my closet got way cooler. :gethigh:

Pic 3:  The lights.  3 100W CFLs on some random ass stand that has been disassembled.

Pic 4:  How the light is held up on one end.  Yup, that is tape.  And a piece of wood screwed into the wall.  Don't worry though, i screwed it into the stud.

Pic 5:  Other side.  Only had one c clamp.

Pic 6:  Surge protector.  Notice the SEGA power source.  Remember that computer fan earlier?  Thats where its getting it juice.

Well now you all know the truth of my ghetto grow!  Updates to come!

--------------------
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith or a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. "
- Charles Bukowski

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #179609 - 01/11/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good

Keep up the great work.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: KaptKid]
    #180267 - 01/12/09 12:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

beautiful plant :thumbup:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineJohnny420

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Yrat]
    #180381 - 01/12/09 04:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Let me get this right...Your hydro system consists of old bits of t-shirt wicking water and nutes up to you plants?

I find that amazing that it works... I just wonder how well it will work as the plant gets bigger. It seems to have worked very well so far though. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#180687 - 01/13/09 06:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I actually give it nutes from the surface.  I wasnt sure of the nutes would carry up the cotton.

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#180688 - 01/13/09 07:01 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The soil does stay moist all the way up to the surface though. 

I actually found this method on an online grow book.  The sad part is I was never able to find it again after that first time.

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #181004 - 01/13/09 08:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Fantastic! Keep giving us pics of your setup, I love it. :thumbup:

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#183523 - 01/17/09 04:50 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Holy crap there are a lot of hairs!

Oh and I added another CFL.  This one is a 60W but its at 3000K.  I think that was a good choice as the 100W are at 6500K(i think, very stoned).  I was thinking bout changing one of the three 100W to another 60W.  What do you guys think?

Pics once I am less stoned...

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#183754 - 01/17/09 07:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ok new pics!

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

OfflineC3R3AL KiLLRx
Ganja Giant.
Male

Loc: Sunshine State of Mind.
    #183772 - 01/17/09 08:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Nice fucking shit man..iwas curious if the whole wick method worked iam glad cause it seems like the easiest way to get into hydro

--------------------

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: C3R3AL KiLLRx]
    #183823 - 01/17/09 10:07 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

C3R3AL KiLLRx said:
Nice fucking shit man..iwas curious if the whole wick method worked iam glad cause it seems like the easiest way to get into hydro

I was supprised at how well it worked.  I rarely water from the surface.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#184129 - 01/18/09 06:40 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

amazing.

did i miss when you are switching over to flowering?  have you already?

take some clones from that bush!

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#184350 - 01/18/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Started 12/12 Dec 28.

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#185250 - 01/20/09 06:20 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So am I doing the right thing by adding the 60W bulbs?  Just curious if anyone has any input.:confused:

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

OfflineJohnny420

#185255 - 01/20/09 07:08 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'd be tempted to leave the higher wattage in as it's CFL's and you really need all the light power your can.

I'm not too hot on the whole colour spectrum thing, but it seems like you'd lose almost half the power, but will have a spectrum closer to what the plant can use for flowering. I'm not sure if this would be beneficial in any way. It may be damaging due to the drop in wattage.

do you have any way of adding the light to the 100w's you already have in stead of replacing it? that will give you the benefit of the 3000K and you gain another 60w of light.

--------------------

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#185399 - 01/20/09 01:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I added another lamp fixture with a 60w in it, and left the 3 100W in.  Might try to find another multibulb fixture today.

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom