Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: to eat or not to eat.... [Re: Kaptain]
    #142503 - 11/08/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

dude, smoking buds past barely black is pointless.

the vast majority of any THC in the bud was already taken out in the first few hits. so by the 3rd/4th hit, all you're doing is smoking for the sake of smoking, not getting higher. sure you may cough, that's cuz the weed is harsh and ashy. and then coughing gets u higher cuz ur cutting off o2 to the dome.

so choose your way.

i'll stick with mine :snub:

--------------------
I'm an electric smoker :gc:

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptain

Re: to eat or not to eat.... [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #142919 - 11/09/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MistaUNGA said:
dude, smoking buds past barely black is pointless.

the vast majority of any THC in the bud was already taken out in the first few hits. so by the 3rd/4th hit, all you're doing is smoking for the sake of smoking, not getting higher. sure you may cough, that's cuz the weed is harsh and ashy. and then coughing gets u higher cuz ur cutting off o2 to the dome.

so choose your way.

i'll stick with mine :snub:

So how come I can get tired and pass out before the bowl is actually cached, only to awake, bake, and still find myself high?

Id like to see a link to a cannabis culture magazine saying that the thc is gone by the third or fourth hit, or any other reputable cannabis source for that matter. Not to mention its not just THC that gets you high, essential oils and any of the other hundreds of compounds can contribute.

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
Growing time!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: to eat or not to eat.... [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #142923 - 11/09/08 06:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

smoke it

--------------------
this is so fucking exiting..:yesnod:

OfflineKaptain

Re: to eat or not to eat.... [Re: Skunk420]
    #142937 - 11/09/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Smoke it all.

--------------------

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
    #142939 - 11/09/08 07:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kaptain said:
Smoke it all.

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #143011 - 11/09/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i dunno man, you smoke your way i'll smoke mine.

i know the way i smoke conserves weed because it's ground => more surface area/rip. so it gets cached to a nice white ash every time because of the grinding and it's always on top of a screen. so i can tell the bowl's done. one inhale and then it's time to pack a fresh one! i don't pack more weed than enough for one rip before packing a fresh one. this is legitimately better than packing a bigger bowl and hitting the same one 10 times. i'll find u the info.

i didn't say ALL the THC was gone after the 3rd hit. MOST of it is. yes, there are chems inside the leaves themselves, but the majority of it is on the trichomes. and those are gone after the first 1-2 hits. sure you can get high off a black bowl, but wouldn't you rather a fresh green one? :bigweed:

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #143016 - 11/09/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Methods Of Medicating with Cannabis

We’ve been surveying our patients about how they use cannabis and comparing their techniques with what we can dig up from research studies. It’s fascinating stuff and has actually changed how we and many of our patients medicate. As always we’re really interested in your thoughts and experiences.

To keep these posts relatively brief, I’ll break them into several parts by method. Part one is…

Smoking – Smoking cannabis is the most popular method of consumption. Scientists feel that the reason smoking is popular is the speed at which smoking delivers THC to the brain. When smoked, the THC in cannabis reaches the brain in seconds and peaks in about five minutes, and then is quickly metabolized by the body. Two hours after medicating only 10 percent of the THC has yet to be metabolized.

Smoking cannabis remains controversial from a medical standpoint, since a wide variety of chemicals produced by burning cannabis are considered toxic and even carcinogenic. However, Dr. Donald Tashkin at UCLA found in his long-term study released early in 2007 that there appears to be no link between smoking marijuana and lung cancer, despite a few study participants admitting to having smoked as many as 20,000 joints. Anyway, if you prefer to smoke cannabis, you might wish to implement some basic harm reduction strategies that might reduce the risks.

1. Medicate with more potent cannabis – The 1997 Matthias-Tashkin study, “Effects of varying marijuana potency on deposition of tar and delta 9-THC in the lung during smoking” clearly suggests that smoking cannabis with higher THC content reduces exposure to potentially harmful tars, since less cannabis is smoked to deliver the same results as smoking a larger amount of low-potency cannabis. Your collective should be able to steer you toward more potent strains. And, of course, price is not always the best indicator of potency. Some research indicates that THC has a “peppery taste”. We’ve found this to be accurate at Cornerstone, when we place a tiny piece of high potency cannabis on the tongue, it does seem to taste like black pepper, though this also could be due to the presence of myrcene, an essential oil found in some cannabis strains. NOTE: Recently at CRC, we chose to no longer recommend that patients eat raw cannabis. The microbial counts on California medicinal cannabis are untested and cystolith hairs on the stems, used by the plant as a defense mechanism, can cause gastointestinal irritation.

2. Use a pipe – while many smokers prefer joints or blunts, they are not efficient at delivering THC to the brain. Rolled cannabis only delivers between 10 and 27 percent of the available THC in the cannabis cigarette according to the 1981 Lindgren, 1983 Wall, and 1993 Cone studies. THC also tends to condense in the butt of the joint, so that the last half-inch may contain as much as 50 percent of the overall THC in the joint.. At Cornerstone, we recommend using a clean glass pipe filled with just enough cannabis for a single inhalation. This one-hit technique eliminates most of the waste associated with sidestream smoke. One of the scientists on the Cornerstone advisory board recommends choosing the longest glass pipe or bong that you can find, since this will help to reduce the amount of tar that is inhaled, but does not interfere with THC dosage.

3. No waterpipes – While water or ice can reduce throat irritation from smoking, it also removes more THC and other cannabinoids than it reduces the amount of tar. In fact, water-filled bongs are actually less efficient than joints in delivering THC. So, unless throat irritation is a big concern for you, forget ice or water in your bong, though ice is better than water...

4. Get a good lighter – In our experience, short of using a magnifying glass and looking a bit silly, the cleanest way to ignite cannabis for smoking is with a butane cigar lighter especially designed for use at high altitudes. The best lighter of this type that we’ve used is the Pinnacle by Vector. It has a platinum catalytic afterburner that burns less fuel and does it more cleanly than any other lighter we’ve found. It retails for seventy-five bucks at most good cigar stores. It’s also been tested at altitudes up to 16,000 feet, so you’ll be able to medicate the next time you summit Mt. Whitney. Get some good filtered butane from Vector or Lucienne for it and you’re good to go.

5. Don't hold your breath, just inhale deeply... - Holding your breath in attempt to take in more of the active ingredients in smoked cannabis doesn't work. At all. The most extreme version of breath-holding is called the Valsalva maneuver, where you forcibly hold your breath, as if you were trying to equalize the pressure on your eardrums while scuba diving. Studies were done where subjects were asked to perform this maneuver after inhaling cannabis smoke. Surprisingly, it didn't increase the amount of THC they received. This might be due to how quickly THC passes through the wall of the human lung. Cornerstone recommends just inhaling deeply, then immediately exhaling. Breath-holding while smoking cannabis is a hard habit to break, but you'll get less tar in your lungs and all of the effect.

http://www.weedtracker.com/forums/showthread.php/medicate-part-one-33510.html?t=33510

this is from a very respected member of the weedtracker community who operates a cannabis dispensary.

straight from the horse's mouth (emphasis added)

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:

OfflineKaptain

Re: to eat or not to eat.... [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #143043 - 11/09/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The article (especially the parts you highlighted) did not indicate that you shouldn't smoke the bowl fully packed but a single hit so that you dont waste weed. It says nothing about smoking the marijuana till its black or white ash. I hadnt mentioned anything previously about "inhaling more deeply", "smoking higher potency cannabis", or "packing for just a single inhale". What i am contending is that your are not getting the most out of your weed till its white ash. Why not pack another one? Because i dont like wasting weed. Thats like saying "hey, why not just smoke half the weed, get less high, look like a dipshit, and spend twice as much money?" Yeah i would rather smoke a green bowl, but smoke it all the way. This still does not prove that most of the thc is burned in the first 1-2 hits -----> "i didn't say ALL the THC was gone after the 3rd hit. MOST of it is. yes, there are chems inside the leaves themselves, but the majority of it is on the trichomes. and those are gone after the first 1-2 hits"

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #143047 - 11/09/08 09:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i wouldnt eat

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: to eat or not to eat.... [Re: beatyou]
    #143248 - 11/10/08 01:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:evil:
Quote:

beatyou said:
plug it

eat it smoke it share it. And it would be a better world if we were all on mushrooms.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
Re: to eat or not to eat.... [Re: Stoneth]
    #143439 - 11/10/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

is your tatoo?

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate