Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Re: Cannabis Potency over the years... [Re: THEBats]
    #512627 - 01/10/11 05:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

There's not many countries that you can grow Thais outdoors. I'm not from America either so I'm well aware of being able to grow in other countries. I was referring to the indoor scene, in any country. Unless of course other countries seem to have higher ceilings and don't care how long their plants take to finish...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
Re: Cannabis Potency over the years... [Re: maryanne3087]
    #512636 - 01/10/11 05:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

did you ever think that some growers dont grow for commercial but for diversity and preference of herbage, ad yes you can finish a sativa plant in the US, I've done it, granted its not feasible seeing as you have to watch the weather towards the end and tarp the plant if necessary at night when it frosts, but you will end up with some primo purple sativa buds

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Cannabis Potency over the years... [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #512641 - 01/10/11 05:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You can also start the plant indoors early and transfer to outdoors.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
    #512648 - 01/10/11 05:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

that wont matter the flowering time is still the same... but you could veg and start the flower indoors around june then transplant outside august, but its not really good to transplant a flowering plant...

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Re: Cannabis Potency over the years... [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #512775 - 01/10/11 08:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Big_tiggy said:
did you ever think that some growers dont grow for commercial but for diversity and preference of herbage, ad yes you can finish a sativa plant in the US, I've done it, granted its not feasible seeing as you have to watch the weather towards the end and tarp the plant if necessary at night when it frosts, but you will end up with some primo purple sativa buds

Doesn't make it any more common or practical. Probably less than 1% of growers grow pure sativas probably less than 1% of that bud ever makes it onto the market.

How many states can you finish a pure sativa? I don't even know if pure hazes or thai's will actually finish in California, I've smoked Thai and Haze grown in California and it seemed like it was picked early.

Don't get into using tarps, or blacking out, this is in all practicality no longer outdoor growing. If I use a tarp to black out plants they will virtually finish anywhere. May as well say you can grow indoor bud anywhere where buildings exist.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#512794 - 01/10/11 08:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You also have to understand the extent of the situation in California.  Oakland I believe recently allowed warehouse growing, in anticipation of the failed prop 19 ballot, where you can have buildings that have ceiling heights higher than the average home.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
    #512943 - 01/11/11 08:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

AND?

Doesn't make the flowering time any shorter nor does it make growing exotic sativas any more profitable. I don't think any pure Thais or Hazes will end up in those warehouses.

Switching to a pure haze from a cash crop in the states on a 4kw op is like kissing goodbye 10-15k.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#512976 - 01/11/11 11:48 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

And yet that doesn't seem to effect the availability of sativas in California.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Offlineauronlives69
Stranger
 User Gallery

#513183 - 01/12/11 04:47 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i can personaly say that cali bud is at least 5x's stronger than common shwag weed, dont know what makes cali bud stronger but it definatly varys

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Cannabis Potency over the years... [Re: auronlives69] * 2
    #513212 - 01/12/11 10:09 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

its the people that grow it that makes it better weed, not the fact its grown in cali.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies