Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Clones From Veg Or Flower
    #13367 - 04/26/08 04:28 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I think I've read some conflicting information on this, so I thought I'd simply ask. I was reading a lot of grow logs yesterday, and someone mentioned that they were going to put their plants into flowering early so they could tell what sex they were, in order to then take them back to the vegetative state to take clones. The impression I had is that you could take clones at any time, but began to wonder if maybe if the plants are in the flowering stage, that might interfere with growing roots since root production isn't nearly as significant during flowering. The thought also occurred that maybe he just put it back to veg because he still wanted to grow them out more before inducing flowering permanently.

Does it matter when you take clones, and will the state the mother is in effect the effectiveness of the clone taking? I know a lot of people will keep a mother plant in vegetative state to always take clones of that particular genetics, but my friend won't have a separate vegetative area, at least for awhile, but will still want to take clones to keep a perpetual sea of green (he will have a small area on vegetative for the clones themselves, just couldn't fit a mother plant in there).

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNickio
Information Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Clones From Veg Or Flower [Re: Sirius]
    #13376 - 04/26/08 05:22 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Good question. I'm not an expert but I always thought vegatative state was when a clone should be taken. I'm interested in the answer to this too.

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: Clones From Veg Or Flower [Re: Sirius]
    #13400 - 04/26/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Clones can be taken during flower but they take longer to root and also have to revert to veg growth, expect four weeks at least for them to revert properly. They also form many growth tips that produce bushy plants that wont suit a sog method.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clones From Veg Or Flower [Re: Hanky]
    #13438 - 04/26/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks man. My friend is just going to have to think of a way to set up a small vegetative state room for a mother or two to live in, to be able to keep taking new clones from. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clones From Veg Or Flower [Re: Hanky]
    #13598 - 04/26/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
Clones can be taken during flower but they take longer to root and also have to revert to veg growth, expect four weeks at least for them to revert properly. They also form many growth tips that produce bushy plants that wont suit a sog method.

:thumbup:

Personally i think it's best to take clones in veg.  If you're friend wants to force sex on his plants i would take clones and put the "moms" in flower while keeping the clones in veg.  By labeling the clones and the "moms" you'll know which clones to chop and which to keep when the "moms" show their sex.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies