Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr Swaga

My First Go..Can ya help me
    #123911 - 09/19/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ok I live in the east of the US.
I Love Pot. It helps me relieve stress, relax, and get my creative juices going.
Around my hood it we see nothing but Mexican Regs for 25 a quater if its ok green..then our mids are 30 a quater for better Mexican Regs or if u got a good hook up great mids thats sticky, green, and good smoke. or startin at 50-60 an eighth of chronic, crippy, dro, skunk, haze ect.

This is robbin me..I can support my love for gettin high alot cheaper by harvesting my own few plants and maybe share wit my boys. Im tired of risking getting shot, robbed, or arrested by traveling with it. I just wanna do i wat i do in my house and keep it there. Ya Digg. Can anyone feel me on that. lol

So my plan is to do wat someone told me they was doin. Buying seeds online and shipping them over becuz they hard hard to discover in customs. Hours of searching online through all these pages i was nervous in which one to trust so i was hoping someone on hear could point me in the right direction.

I plan on growing in my closet, with artificial light in the easiest yet efficient set up. im looking for a fast growing strain with a great sativa buzz and another plant that is a great cross breed.
I was thinking AK-47 or 48 as one.

Any help from a fellow MJ lover would be great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My First Go..Can ya help me [Re: Mr Swaga]
    #123935 - 09/19/08 06:54 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

First off, welcome to the Growery, man! :jah: Your conclusions regarding growing are definitely spot on. When you grow your own, not only are you out there being involved with the criminal network, but you can grow exactly what you want, have fun doing it, never run out, and keep a nice :smirk: on your face knowing that what you're growing is instantly much, much better than anything you could go out and buy. :lol: If everyone grew their own, marijuana would either be legalized, or the laws would pretty much be irrelevant, as it would cost much more and be more time consuming for people to be busted, for much less of the reward that they get (huge busts, publicity, etc.).

Anyways. :grin: First off, I'd suggest checking out Dr. Chronic and Seed Boutique as the places to get seeds from. Also, check out Seedbay. It is run by the same people who have Seed Boutique, but its setup as more of a bidding site, and you can find a lot of great releases there, although it can be a real hassle to register an account (problems with never receiving activation email, etc.).

I'd definitely recommend taking some time to browse around those sites and see what kind of strains they have listed. When you see something that sounds interesting, you can always search Google for "marijuana Mental Floss" or whatever to find more information on it. Also, go over to ICMag to search for more information, one of biggest cultivation forums. We just don't have that kind of information bank yet since we're so new.

As far as suggestions go, what really sounds like a good strain for what you're looking for is Apollo 11. Reservoir Seeds will be releasing an original recipe version of it really soon on Seedbay, and its got the creative sativa high and is a real fast finisher. The only problem getting a hold of that would be getting registered and watching Seedbay for when it releases. Thought I'd let you know though, because its a really unique strain that, besides this release, really isn't going to be seen again as it originally did when the original breeder was producing it (Rez has the original clones they made seeds with).

Other than that, I'd mention that sometimes it might be hard to find a good sativa high in an early-finishing plant, since sativa-dominant plants usually have longer flowering times. I'm sure there are some good hybrids that capture that goal, though.

Chimera's Mental Floss is said to be a great strain that should fit the bill for what you're looking for. It can get some really amazing colors as well, should finish in about 70 days... Haven't tried it yet but am looking forward to running it....

I'd recommend C'99, but, like Apollo 11 (a strain further down the line from C'99), it might be harder to find. Rez was working to release this as well, but the project got delayed by months. Wallyduck Seeds had some misfortune working on another release of this as well. You could definitely check out Wallyduck's page at Seed Boutique though, he has a lot of crosses he made with C'99 that should all be really sweet and might be what you're looking for... check out the Wallyduck vendor forum at ICMag for more information on any of them... Stuff like C'99 x Blueberry, C'99 x Blackberry, C'99 x Panama Red, C'99 x Haze.... I'd bet, just by reading the two strains and knowing Wallyduck is great, that C'99 x Haze would be a great one to try....

Just some thoughts, good luck man, and definitely show us what happens with your first grow, we're more than happy to help you out! :ganja:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #123953 - 09/19/08 08:29 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You want fast Sativa, ok I'm on it.

Durban Poison.
Fast South African pure Sativa that finish fast with a good Sativa high. Now lets find something a little more fun

BamBata
Variety developed from a strain from south-west Africa.

Exclusively Sativa, it nevertheless shows a fast flowering time and a size adapted to indoor growing. As its name -meaning "Enormous" - says it, it grows colas of an uncommon size for sativas.

Its heavy cristals and its development make it a beautiful and very fragrant plant, with an unmistakable spicy flavour.

55-60 day flowering time

NYC Diesel
Breeder : Soma Seeds Standard
Flowering Time : 77
Environment : Indoor,GreenHouse
Origin : Holland
Seeds Per Pack : 10

BREEDING - Mexican Sativa - Afghani

Indica: 80% Sativa: 20%

MINIMUM YIELD 25 grams ~ FLOWERING 10 weeks

The N.Y.C Diesel has its roots in the Big Apple, a friend brought the seeds and said that it was the best pot he ever smoked, he had dreads down to the ground so I believed him. This Cannabis tastes and smells like Ripe Red Grap efruits, once you touch the fresh buds you can't smell the other strains in your room or garden. N.Y.C Diesel will leave you an Exotic Taste, an Exotic Smell and an Exotic High.

2nd place: 2001, 2003, 2004 High Times Cannabis Cup, best sativa.

Is Soma's diesel real...nah but it's still a killer strain.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: My First Go..Can ya help me [Re: Sirius]
    #123954 - 09/19/08 08:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
First off, welcome to the Growery, man! :jah: Your conclusions regarding growing are definitely spot on. When you grow your own, not only are you NOT out there being involved with the criminal network, but you can grow exactly what you want...

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineMr Swaga

Re: My First Go..Can ya help me [Re: Yrat]
    #124032 - 09/19/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Wow..thanks..that answers my questions pretty good. Ive spotted a great hidden location in a lot right net to my job (Wendys) lol. No one will see it and i always love to toke up back there its impossible to see in and i know the secret path. :laugh:.But season is kinda over yet i live in florida. and it wont get cold till end of october or mid nov. so maybe some luck?

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#124039 - 09/19/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

don't bother starting now, it's way too late.  stick around here, read up, and ask questions in preparation for next year.  you will be more than ready.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #124151 - 09/20/08 05:51 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
don't bother starting now, it's way too late.  stick around here, read up, and ask questions in preparation for next year.  you will be more than ready.

Maybe even become interested in the meantime in an indoor grow. :grin:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #124155 - 09/20/08 08:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sirius you sonofabitch you take pleasure in getting people to make the decision to grow indoors don't you?

Mrswaga: Don't try to resist his influence, just give in and grow indoors...like I am.
Siriusly.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineMr Swaga

Re: My First Go..Can ya help me [Re: 81renaissance]
    #124423 - 09/21/08 07:47 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ok now i know where to get them. Wat about the equipment needed to setup a low cost but efficient grow closet. And around how much will it probably cost.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #124425 - 09/21/08 08:26 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well, if you're growing just with CFL's, although you couldn't grow too many plants or anything, it could be up to $200 on the low end. If you were going with HID lighting, like with HPS bulbs, $600-1200 is more like it.

--------------------

OfflineMr Swaga

#124868 - 09/22/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone know of some good guides on growing indoors. Or links to websites who supply the supplies at a cheap cost..money is a big issue in my project.

OfflineNiCKh609
Warrior
Male

#124869 - 09/22/08 07:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr Swaga said:
Does anyone know of some good guides on growing indoors. Or links to websites who supply the supplies at a cheap cost..money is a big issue in my project.

Best grow guides for indoors growing i found on youtube. type in "how to grow weed indoors" and look for any videos posted by a guy named weedman22. Dont look up his name because thats not how its spelled so it prolly wont come up. But if you find a video by him watch all the videos he has. there amazingly indetail and really informative.

--------------------
Ive never grown or taken any illegal drugs

OfflineMr Swaga

Re: My First Go..Can ya help me [Re: NiCKh609]
    #124929 - 09/23/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

oh sweet thanks..ima check that. I really love this site..along with the shroomery. Genius fo sho. Still no luck in coming accross any shrooms though :frown:.

OfflineMr Swaga

#125000 - 09/23/08 10:51 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ok decision made. Im going to learn to grow using regular seeds from the bag to get the hang of the proccess instead of buying seeds online first.
I started germinating them last night and they should be done tonight or tom right. 24-48 hours in a coffe mug wit water and a plate to cover. Now i need to get everything set up for my growing. So wat should be the net few things i should buy that i NEED to start getting my seeds to sprout. I dont think i can get my florecents yet so i was think of juss giving it some natural sunlight for now.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #125028 - 09/23/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Are you saying that you filled a coffee cup with water and put the seeds inside the water to try to germinate? If this is what you're saying, it is a really bad idea. Seeds need to be moist, but not wet, so immersing them in water is definitely not going to help anything. The best thing to do if you aren't planting directly into your growth medium is to get some moist, but not dripping wet, paper towels. The little cotton discs used for facial cleaning work really well.

The first two things you're going to need are lights and soil. A few hours of fall sunlight aren't going to be enough for seedlings that just sprouted, especially if you're planning on growing the plants indoors underneath fluorescents. The reason is that they will stretch like crazy to find the light they need. You'll end up with seedlings with super long, skinny stems with the first leaves far away from the soil, which is a really bad start. They need a light source as close to them as possible without the heat being too high, so that they receive all the light they need for their growth processes, so they don't stretch to look for it. The reason stretching is bad is because there is usually height restrictions indoors, and especially when using fluorescents for the entire life of the plants, because the intensity of their light is lower and it does not offer enough light for plants more than some inches away from the bulb (depending on the wattage of the bulb - higher wattage, more intensity, thus, more penetration of its light).

You'll need to get some CFL bulbs. At least one for now. They fit into a standard light socket, so you can get a desk lamp with an adjustable arm to bend it just how you need it, should work great for starting a few seedlings. Otherwise, there is some information I can find for you if you need it on how to get the light socket and wire it with an extension cord. Obviously, one would need to be very careful when working with electricity.
The bulb would need to be at least 20 watts (the CFL's actual wattage, not the equivalent incandescent bulb that the CFL could replace, as this is often printed on the packaging). Also, you'll need to have the right color temperature, because the plants need a very specific color of light for vegetative growth. It should be listed as 6500k, and the light of the bulb will probably be described as "daylight".

Also, soil. Since you're just starting and you can't invest too much money right now for something like a pH meter, the best thing to do is get a good bag of soil. Soil from Wal*Mart, like Miracle Grow, really isn't going to work for you. If you have someplace local where you can get a good bag of soil, like a hydroponic store or a specialty garden store, then get that. It'll have enough nutrients for your plants to live well for weeks, giving you enough time to save for some good nutrients and learn more about the art of growing, and they are usually pH-buffered well, so you won't have to worry as much about your pH levels, as long as your water isn't too fucked. You can use the disposable, plastic beer-glasses for now, and that should last you a couple weeks, but you'll need to make sure that you get some good holes at the bottom for drainage, because the soil shouldn't be holding onto any excess water at all. Also, they can't be clear glasses, because roots can't be exposed to light.

That's pretty much what you're going to need to know right now to get your plants off to a good start, basically for the first two weeks or so. In that time, I'd suggest really reading up on as much stuff as you can to learn more about what you're going to need to do from there. There should be some good information at the front of the website, you can search Google for "marijuana grow guides" or something similar, probably some good videos up on youtube and similar, and if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask here. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#125055 - 09/23/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

actually, i used to germ my seeds in straight water.  this is also a way to test for viability, any that float are empty seed coats and will not sprout.  after a day or two, they usually start to split and show tails.  soon after i would move them to whatever substrate they would be growing in.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #125222 - 09/24/08 08:03 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't necessarily say it wouldn't work, but there are certainly more preferential methods of germinating, and definitely more risks in just leaving them to soak for days.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals