Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChronica

Loc: Canada
Is it possible
    #124967 - 09/23/08 08:39 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

For a female to shoot out a couple male flowers due to stress(I guess its stress, maybe from topping, its been with the others and they didnt do this) and not be a full blown hermie? I have a female clone, with some others, and its the only one that shot out some male flowers (in the lower/mid parts of the plant) yet all the higher parts of the plant looks to be all female flowers. Is this plant full blown hermie, or is it possible for it to still be female? I dont wanna kill it because its a topped one, and a good size, but I feel like I might have to, because I do not want my crop seeded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is it possible [Re: Chronica]
    #124985 - 09/23/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, its definitely possible that stress caused the plant to produce some male flowers, and not a full-blown hermie. When you mention it is a female clone, with others, are they all of the same female plant? Anyways, some strains are more prone to produce male flowers than others due to stress.
What you can do is simply pinch off the male flowers that are developing, and wait to see if more develop. If it just keeps producing more and more, then you'd best get rid of it, but otherwise, getting rid of those flowers and keeping a good eye on it should work fine. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineChronica

Loc: Canada
Re: Is it possible [Re: Sirius]
    #125219 - 09/24/08 06:47 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Yep, its definitely possible that stress caused the plant to produce some male flowers, and not a full-blown hermie. When you mention it is a female clone, with others, are they all of the same female plant? Anyways, some strains are more prone to produce male flowers than others due to stress.
What you can do is simply pinch off the male flowers that are developing, and wait to see if more develop. If it just keeps producing more and more, then you'd best get rid of it, but otherwise, getting rid of those flowers and keeping a good eye on it should work fine. :wink:

Ive been watching her closely. Im gonna give it some more time before I make the final decision.

And yea, all from one plant.

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is it possible [Re: Chronica]
    #125234 - 09/24/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, what Sirius said. Get rid of it if it produces too much male flowers to control.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains