Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNickio
Information Engineer
Male User Gallery

So I've got a 4x4 closet...
    #11764 - 04/24/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Hey all, I've got a 4x4 closet to work with. I have a lot of restrictions though.

-I can't cut holes in the walls, so I'm not sure what to do for ventilation/odor reduction.

-I can't run the electricity bill very high, so I am going to go with some T5s I believe. What do you all suggest?

-I am going to go with soil I believe, since it seems to be cheaper to start out with.

-I would like to have a mother/clone setup going but I don't think I have enough space do I? So I was thinking about doing a lowryder cross OR getting normal plants and only vegging for a month. I would probably let males pollinate the females the first few times in order to stock up on seeds.

-Was thinking of making some sort of cabinet to put into this closet to deal with the ventilation situation (see 1).

Any suggestions on any of these things? Let me know. Great to see the Growery finally up and going!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjsethall
Dr. Justy
Male
Re: So I've got a 4x4 closet... [Re: Nickio]
    #12464 - 04/25/08 07:40 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

1000 watts should run you about 36 bucks a month... You could get up to a pound a month dry for 36 bucks worth of electricity plus your other expenses, soil ferts and such. If you are gonna take a risk by growing it, maximize your reward. High risk/low reward situations suck. High risk/High reward situations are a bit better.

--------------------
Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures wideley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

InvisibleCaptainKirk
Sailing the Seas of Cheese

Re: So I've got a 4x4 closet... [Re: djsethall]
    #12466 - 04/25/08 07:50 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

djsethall said:
  High risk/High reward situations are a bit better.

until you get popped:lol:  but yeah make use of your space..

if you cant vent , i would recommend a aircooled lamp, get a 400..perfect size for that space..

electric isnt really that bad with a nice lamp.. ferts and growing medium will run you more than your electric..

good luck and be safe

OfflineSmallTime
Male User Gallery

#12490 - 04/25/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You will need some way to vent out the stale air and bring in fresh air. If not you can seal it up and introduce CO2 but you gotta watch your temps and humidity.

It's tough when you can't modify anything in your room. You might have better luck building a cabinet.

OfflineNickio
Information Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: So I've got a 4x4 closet... [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #12491 - 04/25/08 09:32 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well, it's not so much that I'm concerned with paying it, it's just that the apartment complex I live at (its huge) sets their leases up so that you pay a set amount per month, and they pay electricity/water bills up to a certain amount, so you never see the bill. I just don't want to go over that amount every month and raise suspicions.

OfflineSmallTime
Male User Gallery

#12492 - 04/25/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You're right if your not paying the elec. bill you don't want them getting suspicious of anything. I've read a lot of bad stories about people running like 600-1000w in that situation and getting busted because the landlord started snooping around.

OfflineNickio
Information Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: So I've got a 4x4 closet... [Re: SmallTime]
    #12507 - 04/25/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Which is why I wanted to just get a cabinet and set up something small for personal, which would probably end up being autoflowering strains since they finish quick.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #12514 - 04/25/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ventilation in an apartment can be done without knocking any holes in your wall. However it requires you to use the register that outputs your the air from your HVAC system.

That right there is what im talking about. You can find the piece of ducting and the register box at home depot. I use a register box that has a 6 inch ducting flange on the other end. The piece of ducting connects to my exhaust fan which pulls air from the room, over the light, and through the exhaust system. However i live in a house, i don't have to worry too much about smells being put throughout the house, if you live in an apartment you're going to want to scrub the air to prevent any security leaks.

Oh, i unscrewed the register grille from the ceiling, then i fit the register box into the hole on the ceiling, connected my ducting to the box and sealed it, then connected the ducting to the exhaust port. Took me about 5 mins and cost me about 7 bucks.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineNickio
Information Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: So I've got a 4x4 closet... [Re: coda]
    #12816 - 04/25/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I have not yet moved into the place that has this closet, so I'm not real sure if it has these coming out of the ceiling or not. If they do then I'll look into it. Let's assume the closet doesn't have this, what kind of yield am I looking at by setting up a grow of ~4 plants in a mini-fridge with CFL's? Is it suggested to build your own box?

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #12822 - 04/25/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

4 plants in a mini fridge seems a little tight for the space. Do you know what strain you're already going to be growing?

OfflineNickio
Information Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: So I've got a 4x4 closet... [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #12824 - 04/25/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

No. I don't think I have the means to grow a mother and clone her so I was going to get one of the lowryder crosses. That or get a good strain and flower early

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds