Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamelslaper13
Stranger
My first indoor grow! 4x4 tent with LEDs and DWC!
    #570754 - 07/08/11 05:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I finally set up my tent and got everything running, so I thought I'd share it with you all. I've got a 4x4x7 foot "SunHut" tent with a 125 watt "Penetrator" LED grow light hanging. I've also got two 23 watt CFL's in reflectors hanging there. There's a 4 inch inline fan at the top pulling through a homemade carbon filter and blowing through the ceiling into the attic. Not sure if the filter will work for this many plants but we'll see, I might make a bigger one. I'm also going to get some ONA deoderant gel, so that should help. I've also got a temperature and humidity meter, plus a nutrient/pH/temperature meter for the DWC. There's also a small circulation fan in the back right corner, not visible in this pic. Sorry for the terrible picture, it's a small room.

I've got one "Billyponics" system I bought there on the right, its got 6 sites, drippers and an airstone. On the left is a homemade look-a-like with 4 sites, an air stone and only two sprayers under the lid, one on each end. Doesn't seem like enough sprayers, but it's all the pump could handle. I may get a better pump so I can add a third sprayer in the center. I'll start them off with the net pots in the water to be safe. I'm still not sure if I'll eventually lower the water level for more of an aeroponic effect with the sprayers. Does any one have any advice on this matter? I've got zero experience with these things, but I'm trying to get a running start.

I'm gonna leave one net pot in each system empty for adding nutrient/changing water. That's another question I have. Whats the prefered method for changing the water? I figure I will reach in and disconnect the pump hose then reconnect another hose running to the bathtub. Does that sound reasonable?

One thing that worries me the most is the temperature. I guess I could have sprung for a bigger fan, but with high ambient temperatures anyway I'd just be blowing MORE hot air. So far it's gotten into the low 90's during the day, some think this is acceptable but I'd rather not stress my babies. I'm thinking about buying a small air conditioner but it seems like overkill, and they're expensive. I might duct an intake fan from the window into the tent to help, but that raises concerns about odor, as there is currently negative pressure in the tent, keeping the odor in the tent and the filter. Maybe just a window fan for the room itself will help. I'm also considering a CO2 system to help the plants deal with the temperature, but that also seems a bit much for a beginner. Any suggestions?

I can't wait to get some clones in there! Thanks in advance for your advice!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies