Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

growroom planning
    #122794 - 09/15/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hello again.  I've since modified my growroom design and need some advice on the best/cheapest way to set it up. My basic design consists of a walk-in closet that is 7' high and measures 5.5' x 5.5'.  I plan on having a 1000 watt switchable in the room and am having trouble working out the ventilation. Will a strong enough fan be able to pull air through the carbon filter and exhaust creating a negative air environment or would I need 2 separate fans; one for exhaust, one for intake?  What would be the best way to set this up for sufficient air flow and cooling? 

If it helps this is the light I am purchasing.

http://sunshinehydro.com/cart/customer/product.php?productid=17192&cat=475&page=1

I'm also curious if anyone knows the average increase in the power bill from a 1000 watt light running 18/6 or 12/12.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: growroom planning [Re: THEBats]
    #122803 - 09/15/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

When I did a closet for a friend we just hooked upthe fan to the light and used it as the intake. The fan didn't have a problem handling the job. Just be sure you have a way for the air to get into the closet but putting another fan most likely won't be needed if set up right.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineBlargIAmDead

#122804 - 09/15/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well lets do the math :smile:. Light bulbs are rated in Watts per hour (I believe). So you're 1000W light will use....1000 W an hour! Which means that in one hour you will use 1kW. So now you look at past bills. Say you're charged .08/kW hr. So if you run your lights at 18 hours for 3 weeks + 12 hours for another 3 weeks = 378 + 252 = 630 hrs of light.

So 630 hrs of light means 630kW because of our light which means 630*.08 = $50. Oh and I have to say it...but you just got SCHOOLED! :smile: (My math might be wrong and it would be nicely ironic so......yeah);)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: growroom planning [Re: Magash]
    #122805 - 09/15/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

so what did you do for exhaust?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: growroom planning [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #122944 - 09/16/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BlargIAmDead said:
Oh and I have to say it...but you just got SCHOOLED!

how did he get schooled?  he asked for someone to do the math for him..

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineBlargIAmDead

Re: growroom planning [Re: Yrat]
    #122962 - 09/16/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry....schooled in the sense of being taught...related to school....pun....word joke.....Kay...

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: growroom planning [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #123011 - 09/16/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

right... but the sense of the phrase is that he was wrong somehow?

anyways, Blarg's math is correct.  18/6 will run you about $50-60 a month, 12/12 about $30-40 a month.  the difference will be roughly $20/month.  this all depends on your rates.

InvisibleYasi
Harbinger
Male User Gallery

Re: growroom planning [Re: Yrat]
    #123035 - 09/16/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I thought the question was how to cool the light, not how much it will cost in utilities.

--------------------
Counting Bodies like Sheep to the rythm of the War Drums
Wild Seeds (again)
White widow X Sour Diesel grow

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growroom planning [Re: Yasi]
    #123062 - 09/16/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

There was more than one question. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #123202 - 09/16/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

We left the light open and the fan worked as a light cooler and a exhaust at the same time.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: growroom planning [Re: Magash]
    #123312 - 09/17/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
We left the light open and the fan worked as a light cooler and a exhaust at the same time.

ah I see now.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Jump to top Pages: 1