Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineC12
transparent/brown spots on leaves, now burnt tips. pics.
    #85106 - 07/16/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i have a couple outdoor plants somewhere in wisconsin, i have them in a mix of black topsoil and a peat soil mix in the ground. i've only been watering them when the rain hasn't been doing its job and i've nuted the plants once (about 2 weeks ago, almost time again). i have been spraying them with insecticide relatively often.

i have 3 plants at one spot.. 2 of the plants are healthy (except burnt tips all of a sudden, what could cause this?). one plant has been giving me problems, it stretched soon after germinating, its been thin and spindly for as long as i can remember. about 3 weeks ago i noticed some transparent spots on the leaves so the next week i went out and took pics, it had gotten a little worse. i checked thoroughly for bugs but didnt see any. about 2-3 days later i went to the plants again with nutes and insecticide and gave them a good spray of insecticide.  a week later i was back at the plants and they had all grown alot, there was alot of new growth on this plant and the spots hadn't gotten much worse, and once again i didn't see any bugs. yesterday i was at the plants and there was alot more new growth, but the spots had gotten quite a bit worse. and i didn't see any bugs on the plant!

i'm confused, i'm not sure what would cause this.. any ideas? it almost has to be bugs, but the bug spray hasn't been doing anything and i never see bugs on the plant! i havn't seen anything like this on any growing website, either..

pics..

june 15th..

july 1st..

july 15th..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: transparent/brown spots on leaves, now burnt tips. pics. [Re: C12]
    #85112 - 07/16/08 09:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i have had this same thing happen to me, although not to the same extent, more along the lines of your second pic.

they start out as small black dots that seem to dry out into dead leaf matter in a couple weeks.

i could never figure out what did it, mine seemed to disappear after a few weeks.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineC12

Re: transparent/brown spots on leaves, now burnt tips. pics. [Re: Yrat]
    #85127 - 07/16/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

did you spray the plant with anything? what insecticide did you use? i almost have a feeling the insecticide im using is the problem.. i've been using Safer (brand) insect killing soap. before the problem i did spray them with bonide fruit tree spray (good for other plants and flowers, too).

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: transparent/brown spots on leaves, now burnt tips. pics. [Re: C12]
    #85143 - 07/16/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i did nothing and it seemed to go away on its own as the season progressed

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: transparent/brown spots on leaves, now burnt tips. pics. [Re: Yrat]
    #85407 - 07/16/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

weird, i've never personally seen something like that before.  I'll do some research and see what i can dig up.

Off the top of my head the burnt tips are a sign of over feeding.  Your soil may be too rich, i see a little bit of clawing in the first couple of pics which is an indicator (usually) of too much N.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineC12

Re: transparent/brown spots on leaves, now burnt tips. pics. [Re: coda]
    #85521 - 07/16/08 08:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the clawing is in the first couple pics.. that was a month ago, do you think its still an issue?

i have only nuted this plant once, that was about 2 weeks ago. a week ago i didn't notice the burnt tips, it seems to be a recent thing. would the signs of over feeding show up almost 2 weeks after feeding?

i'm starting to have a feeling its from root rot...

Edited by C12 (07/16/08 08:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags