Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Need help finding PINE strains, likely Sativa-dom (Christmas-Tree)
    #866074 - 04/11/24 11:18 PM (17 days, 12 hours ago)

Like the title says, I'm trying to find, ideally, THE "Christmas Tree"/"X-mas Tree" or something as close as possible to it in terpene+cannabinoid profile.

From what bit of reading I've done on the subject, it seems like it's fairly widely-agreed to be a descendent of "Pine OG" (breeder unknown 😑 ).

Quote:

What I remember (and bear in mind, this is in SE USA, VA/NC border area, at the time; between 2008 and 2011) is:

Visual Appearance

- a manually-compressed bud (loosely-bricked or vac-sealed) that was bright, light green (in contrast to the green-browns of the then-common commercial mexi-brick) and bright red hairs.
Taste/Smell

- a taste and smell that was very, very piney and almost no other dominating scent/flavor apart from maybe the slightest hint of lemon and even slighter hint of skunk, but much much more piney-citrusy; very... refreshing smell and taste? Especially on first lighting.. would make GREAT vaporizing bud for the intensely terpeney pine-heavy flavor.
Effects

- the effects were undoubtedly sativa-leaning in character, though probably still fairly balanced. Could tend to be "creeper", very clearheaded, melted anxiety away (without inducing any, itself), absolutely no laziness, very prone to inducing creativity, could be giggly on the comeup, just a great happy social smoke that'd be ideal for daytime; and then on the second-half the indica effects would make themselves known, settling into a more-relaxed, peaceful effect with lingerings of the comeup throughout. For the duration of the effects, music-appreciation was always very-much increased, and it always had a peculiar effect on sense-of-touch... could be quite the strain to pair with some lovins :naughty:

The combo of taste, smell, and effect always conjured up a sense of being out in the snow in the woods, in the pines. 😁

I'm sure there are some out there that remember the stuff I'm referring to, but it seems to have practically vanished over the past decade or so, so I'm on the lookout for something as close to this as possible.

I feel like the terpene profile/pineyness definitely contributes to the effects profile, and I absolutely need to have access to this or a very-similar strain. I'm definitely bored with the overwhelmingly-Indica dominant flood of weed of commerce now, all very-homogenized and sharing so much of the same very-little nuance or variety of the (IMO) more interesting offerings of the Sativas and Sativa-doms.

Apparently, this "Pine OG" (often mixed up with "Pine Tar Kush", another strain of interest, although said to be mostly/pure indica) that "Christmas Tree" is likely to have come from, is nearly impossible to find as well. I keep seeing a few of the same names popping up but they tend to all be very indica-dom strains. "Christmas OG" also gets thrown around as possibly mislabelled Pine OG.

What also doesn't help is that people generally just refuse to include breeder names when recommending strains, and I've been under the impression that without knowing the source of the strain, that it could be just about anything labelled with "strain name" purely for sales.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good, quality heavily-piney strains that are fairly-clearheaded Sativa-leaning, or balanced hybrids?

Bonus question: Is there a fairly-comprehensive list of trusted breeders known to produce stable strains that are what they're advertised-as?

Edited by resincoatedlungs (04/12/24 12:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Need help finding PINE strains, likely Sativa-dom (Christmas-Tree) [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #866082 - 04/12/24 10:32 AM (17 days, 1 hour ago)

If you tried hard enough, you could probably track down a cutting of bodhi's pinesoul. 

Actually I just found it on strainly for $175 + shipping.

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Need help finding PINE strains, likely Sativa-dom (Christmas-Tree) [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #866089 - 04/12/24 02:04 PM (16 days, 21 hours ago)

I wasn't even aware of that strain, or strainly :shrug:

Have been completely out of the loop for several years, and never really was IN the "strains" loop of knowing the reputations of all of the popular breeders, or the various "flavor of the month" strains.

Thanks for the recommend tho :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder