Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Androcell’s first grow
    #860425 - 07/19/23 08:13 AM (9 months, 3 days ago)

Documenting my first grow.  Will be using the How to cultivate for noobs guide.  With a couple of modifications.  First modification is I am using bag seed, so I am germinating with the paper towel method and planting into cheap solo cups until I can sex the plants.  Since this is only for personal use I plan to transplant one female to the 3 gallon pot for harvest and keep another as a Bonsai Mother. Possibly 2 bonsai mothers, my friend gave me these seeds and said they are from 2 different strains but doesn’t know which seed is which strain.  If there are males and females of both, might keep a couple of bonsai fathers around too and try my hand at crossing them eventually.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there, just thinking ahead for now. I don’t know if I’ll even be able to tell the strains apart :lol:  but what would you call a cross between Inzane in the Membrane and Hulk Dog?? 

So far, two of the seeds germinated after 24 hours and a third cracked open :awesome:

Edited by Androcell (07/19/23 08:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Androcell’s first grow [Re: Androcell]
    #860427 - 07/19/23 09:29 AM (9 months, 3 days ago)

With the seeds now germinated it’s time to get started.  Loaded up Androcell’s Emotivision album on the stereo and started mixing the soil.

Noob guide suggests 3 gallon pot worth of soil with 2 cups of vermiculite.  So I mixed this same ratio and divided out to solo cups from the bucket.

Drainage holes burned into 18oz solo cups with soldering iron.

While preparing everything, the third cracked seed sprouted a taproot!  Seeds planted taproot down, half inch into soil, with a little bit of extra vermiculite around the seed as suggested in noob guide.  Lightly watered with my modified 16oz bottle (thumbtack holes in cap to make it rain on soil) and placed in south facing window in my sun room.

Edit:  I also put overturned solo cups on top of each as a humidity dome until they sprout.
Edit 2:  Documenting my process for water in case I need to adjust it.  Run cold tap for 30 seconds to flush out sitting minerals, fill gallon jug, set out jug for 48 hours to dechlorinate, test and adjust PH with PH Up/Down.  Funnel into 16oz bottle for watering.  Once I start fertilizing will have a dedicated fertilizer jug/bottle.  Noob guide suggests fertilizing once weed is more “plant like” or there is a trunk, so plain water is being used for now.

Edited by Androcell (07/19/23 11:49 AM)

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860432 - 07/20/23 05:31 AM (9 months, 2 days ago)

Fourth seed germinated and moved to solo cup.  Refreshed the paper towels for the remaining 2 seeds.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860435 - 07/21/23 06:17 AM (9 months, 1 day ago)

3 seedlings sprouted! :flyhigh:  I also took a picture of my ghetto humidity dome setup since I missed that in the last update.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860441 - 07/22/23 07:32 AM (9 months, 16 hours ago)

Fourth sprout is growing!  Remaining two seeds have not germinated yet.  Thinking these will be a loss but I’ll give it another week before tossing them.  Also decided to bite the bullet and just get a grow light instead of relying on the sun, even though it is a sunny room full of windows.  Now I just need to figure out where and how to hang the light….

One question I have if anyone is following - what do you use for pest preventative?  If anything at all?  I’m on the fence if I want to treat problems as I see them or treat with a preventative.  I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about pests, it got me thinking. 

What is your opinion on this organic preventative?  Found recipe here.

Wait until plant is 4-6 weeks old and spray after sun goes down until plant is dripping, weekly or every other week.
Per gallon of water - 1 tablespoon of neem oil emulsified with 1 teaspoon of Dr Bronners Peppermint soap, 1/8 teaspoon Aloe Vera powder.

I already have neem oil we used to treat houseplants and I use Dr Bronner’s soap already.  Can make my own aloe vera powder with my aloe plant and a dehydrator.  So I already have everything I need for this method.  But is it bunk?

The site I found the recipe suggested to switch to something else during flowering stage so the neem oil doesn’t affect the taste of the bud, Bacillus thuringiensis and recommended the one by Safer “caterpillar killer”.  But would I need to worry about caterpillars in an indoor grow?  Should I use that anyway for any other benefits it can provide or do you recommend something else?

Edited by Androcell (07/22/23 07:45 AM)

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #860442 - 07/22/23 09:39 AM (9 months, 14 hours ago)

I like to keep my indoor garden spray free, that way I can juice the leaves.  Prevention is the name of the game when it comes to pest control.  Don't bring plants or soil from outside inside, don't accept gifted plants, change clothes before entering the grow area if you've been working outside in the garden, etc.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Androcell’s first grow [Re: yoosername]
    #860443 - 07/22/23 10:34 AM (9 months, 13 hours ago)

Thanks, I’ll remember these rules to follow.  I do have an outdoor vegetable garden so I’ll plan on working in the grow room first before going outside to be extra cautious.  Didn’t realize you could juice the leaves but looking into it now.  I don’t have a juicer but I was reading you can use the leaves like any other dark green leafy vegetable, like spinach.  I already put spinach in my daily smoothies so maybe I’ll try the same with the cannabis leaves. Maybe use some to make a tea :goodmorning:

OfflineADARKERSHADOW
Stranger

Loc: Pueblo, CO
    #860447 - 07/23/23 02:21 PM (8 months, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Androcell said:
Will be using the How to cultivate for noobs guide.  With a couple of modifications.

Androcell said:
Also decided to bite the bullet and just get a grow light instead of relying on the sun, even though it is a sunny room full of windows.

If you're in the Northern Hemisphere the days are already getting shorter. The 14 hours as prescribed in the guide seem way low and some varieties will flower, 16 is better 18 is more optimal. Depending on the light you bought hang it from 6in-24in from the canopy of the plants.

Quote:

Androcell said:

What is your opinion on this organic preventative?  Found recipe here.

The silica powder is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in that IMO.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Androcell’s first grow [Re: ADARKERSHADOW]
    #860448 - 07/23/23 03:51 PM (8 months, 30 days ago)

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!  I just got the light, setting it up soon so this helps a lot to know the guide might be outdated.  I have no idea if these are autoflower or photoperiod strains so I’m setting it up with the changing cycles to be safe.  I’ll start at 18 for more optimal

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860450 - 07/24/23 08:11 AM (8 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ADARKERSHADOW said:

The silica powder is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in that IMO.

I was reading up a bit on silica powder and found diatomaceous earth is a natural source of this.  I always hear about that stuff working wonders but never used it myself.  Do you use silica powder with your plants?  Would you recommend I get some diatomaceous earth and use it as a preventative or just when I see a problem?  It’s supposed to be food grade so I’m assuming I could still wash and use the leaves

OfflineADARKERSHADOW
Stranger

#860451 - 07/24/23 12:29 PM (8 months, 29 days ago)

DE is a great product and a cup as a top dress will help with pests and strengthen the plant in general. You can also use ultra fine azomite powder and use it in a sprayer. I have some granulated azomite and basalt in my soil mix for silica and top dress with some powdered azomite when flipping to flower.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860460 - 07/25/23 07:07 AM (8 months, 28 days ago)

They’re growing so fast! 

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860471 - 07/27/23 08:42 AM (8 months, 26 days ago)

Have some gnats in the house, not sure if fungus gnats but a couple were landing in the soil. 

I think they’re coming from the garbage disposal so I gave that a good cleaning.  Sprinkled some diatomaceous earth on the top of the soil but the gnats are landing right on top no fucks given :lol: might sprinkle some more on after the soil dries out a bit more or put some sand on top. 

Have some sticky traps set out now and already have hydrogen peroxide in the medicine cabinet if it comes to that.  But I don’t see a lot of gnats so at this point I’m not too worried about it.

Edit:  I’m pretty sure they’re not fungus gnats.  Maybe fruit flies. Going to keep things simple for now unless they start multiplying around the plants

Edited by Androcell (07/27/23 09:08 AM)

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860516 - 07/31/23 10:31 AM (8 months, 22 days ago)

Had a bit of stretching, I assume because they were in the window and we had an unusual amount of rain lately and not enough sun.  My grow light is set up so no worries about that anymore. 

Three of the plants are looking great, but one stretched to the point where it is falling over.  It looks green and healthy with new leaves growing but just a long weak stem.  I searched the forum and found a few possible solutions to fix this.  One is to run a fan to strengthen the stems, I have a fan running in there on low.  Another is to train the plant to hold it up by cutting open a straw and putting it around the stem.  I don’t have any straws on hand so I used some twine for now to hold it up.  I’ll run through a drive through later if the straw method is better. Another solution I found is to repot but to bury the stem deeper in the soil.  I may try this before the next watering, or might just do this when I need to repot it anyway

Edited by Androcell (07/31/23 12:44 PM)

OfflineADARKERSHADOW
Stranger

#860533 - 08/01/23 08:48 PM (8 months, 21 days ago)

For little guys like this i like to use a toothpick. Just slide it in as a support for the stem like a splint, you can use some of the little leaves to keep it from sliding too much.
I wouldn't hit it with the fan too hard at this point, just prop her up til the stem is more established.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860534 - 08/02/23 08:21 AM (8 months, 20 days ago)

Thanks.  I don’t have any toothpicks on hand so I improvised with the wooden end of an incense stick, very loosely tied some twine onto the splint to keep it in place.

Noob guide suggests fertilizing once plants are more “plant-like”, they’re starting to look plant-like to me.  Since that guide might be outdated, I searched a bit more and found fertilizing can start when leaves start to have 3 points.  I see these points forming on all the plants so I might start fertilizing soon.  Maybe next watering or the one after depending on how the plants are looking by then.

I have Grow Big for vegetative and Tiger Bloom for flowering.  Accidentally got hydroponic fertilizer but Fox Farm website says it’s fine just to use 1.5x the recommendation in soil.  (Edit: just re-read noob guide, it suggests hydroponic fertilizer anyway.  Going to start low with the actual amount I use anyway.  Saw another guide that suggested starting at 25% the label recommendation and working up)

Edited by Androcell (08/02/23 08:27 AM)

OfflineADARKERSHADOW
Stranger

#860537 - 08/02/23 11:57 PM (8 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Androcell said:
Thanks.  I don’t have any toothpicks on hand so I improvised with the wooden end of an incense stick, very loosely tied some twine onto the splint to keep it in place.

Looks good :thumbup: once it's nice and established you can remove that.

Quote:

Androcell said:
Noob guide suggests fertilizing once plants are more “plant-like”, they’re starting to look plant-like to me.  Since that guide might be outdated, I searched a bit more and found fertilizing can start when leaves start to have 3 points.  I see these points forming on all the plants so I might start fertilizing soon.  Maybe next watering or the one after depending on how the plants are looking by then.

Saw another guide that suggested starting at 25% the label recommendation and working up

You can start feeding when the first circular leaves start to die off. 25% sounds fine, you can bump it up to 50% pretty quick.

Are you planning on doing any topping or plant training?

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860538 - 08/03/23 05:24 AM (8 months, 19 days ago)

Quote:

ADARKERSHADOW said:
Are you planning on doing any topping or plant training?

Yeah definitely some low stress training with twine.  Might top depending on how the plants grow out.  On the fence if I want to top or FIM but leaning more towards topping, looks easier.

OfflineADARKERSHADOW
Stranger

#860539 - 08/03/23 05:42 PM (8 months, 19 days ago)

A mix of topping and LST is usually what I go with myself. Mainlining is also an option at this stage.
Having more than one plant you can try a couple different methods to see what works best for you and your plant.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860541 - 08/04/23 06:55 AM (8 months, 18 days ago)

Yeah over time will figure out what works best with these strains + growing environment.  At first only one of these was going to be grown out to harvest but my gf decided she wants to grow one out too.  We’re making a contest out of it, who can grow better weed lol. Not sure what training methods she’s going to use but she mentioned using fish fertilizer

Edited by Androcell (08/04/23 08:44 PM)

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860547 - 08/07/23 03:42 PM (8 months, 15 days ago)

OfflineADARKERSHADOW
Stranger

#860556 - 08/07/23 11:43 PM (8 months, 15 days ago)

Looking pretty good :thumbup:. You can transplant those to their next pots pretty soon as well.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860599 - 08/14/23 02:43 PM (8 months, 8 days ago)

Thinking it might be time to top, if I’m counting the nodes correctly.  I count 5 with a 6th starting to grow in.  I’m thinking let the 5th node open up a bit more and cut the 6th off. 

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860633 - 08/16/23 07:16 PM (8 months, 6 days ago)

Topped 3 and FIM’ed 1.  Made a tea with the cuttings :goodmorning:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860689 - 08/22/23 10:08 AM (8 months, 14 hours ago)

New growth is coming in nice from the 3 that were topped.  Not sure if I FIMed the fourth plant correctly, keeping an eye on it.  Does the new growth look normal on this one?

Also don’t remember if I mentioned it, but started fertilizing a couple weeks ago when the first leaves died off.  Fox Farm Grow Big for 2 plants, Neptune’s Harvest Fish Fertilizer for the other 2. Planning on repotting this coming weekend to 3 gallon pots since the plants bounced back quick from the topping stress and are getting pretty huge now for the cups.

Offlinekazok4000
Stranger
    #860694 - 08/22/23 02:21 PM (8 months, 9 hours ago)

Nice grow ! Good job 👍

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Androcell’s first grow [Re: kazok4000]
    #860698 - 08/22/23 10:51 PM (8 months, 1 hour ago)

:thanx:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860766 - 08/30/23 07:36 AM (7 months, 23 days ago)

Repotted these last night.  Pruned off some of the lower fan leaves.  Letting them recover for another day or so then tying the branches down to the pot for some more training.  The topped plants are looking good but I don’t think I FIMed correctly, might try again or just top it.

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860771 - 08/31/23 11:07 AM (7 months, 22 days ago)

Tying, some light pruning.  All leaves getting full light now under the grow lights.  Also tried FIMing that other one again today since the first try failed, hopefully will see 4 new colas coming out.  If not, just gonna top it  in a couple weeks (hopefully that’s not too late to top)

The one pictured is my favorite plant so far, hopefully it’s female I still can’t tell

Edited by Androcell (08/31/23 11:12 AM)

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860827 - 09/09/23 08:50 AM (7 months, 13 days ago)

Topped the new colas at 4 nodes for the 3 topped plants.  The FIMed plant is looking good, looks like 4 new colas coming in this time but growth is real slow on this one plant. 

Here’s an updated pic again for my favorite of the plants + the new growth on the FIMed plant

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#860936 - 09/26/23 10:11 AM (6 months, 27 days ago)

It’s been a while since the last update.  Currently day 7 into slowly changing the light cycles down to 12/12. Started when plants were 2 months old, plan to bring to 12/12 slowly over the course of a month. 

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861007 - 10/08/23 08:10 AM (6 months, 15 days ago)

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861029 - 10/11/23 02:16 PM (6 months, 12 days ago)

I think we have 3 females.  These are the female pistils, right?  Still can’t tell with the fourth, but if it’s male then 3 out of 4 ain’t bad.  I’ll add a pic when I can find a clear prebud

Edited by Androcell (10/11/23 02:17 PM)

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#861031 - 10/11/23 03:06 PM (6 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Androcell said:
I think we have 3 females.  These are the female pistils, right?  Still can’t tell with the fourth, but if it’s male then 3 out of 4 ain’t bad.  I’ll add a pic when I can find a clear prebud

Yep, those are pistils.  Congrats!

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861035 - 10/12/23 02:33 PM (6 months, 11 days ago)

:frankensmoke:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861041 - 10/14/23 08:58 AM (6 months, 9 days ago)

Looks like 4 out of 4 female.  I should go pick up a lotto ticket today :cool:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861084 - 10/23/23 04:29 PM (6 months, 7 hours ago)

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861100 - 10/28/23 12:59 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Look at those THC crystals forming now

:howyoudoing:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861333 - 11/15/23 09:28 AM (5 months, 8 days ago)

1 month into flowering

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#861665 - 12/04/23 08:12 AM (4 months, 20 days ago)

Ready to harvest? 

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#861668 - 12/04/23 08:47 AM (4 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Androcell said:
Ready to harvest? 

I still see a lot of white pistils, I'd give them more time.

Edited by yoosername (12/04/23 08:48 AM)

OfflineVersicolour
    #863968 - 01/27/24 05:46 AM (2 months, 28 days ago)

The question is, where in the world do you get weed with seeds in it now days,  hahaha!

Regardless,  those look prime buddy  :thumbup:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Androcell’s first grow [Re: Versicolour]
    #864292 - 02/05/24 06:55 AM (2 months, 19 days ago)

I
Quote:

Versicolour said:
The question is, where in the world do you get weed with seeds in it now days,  hahaha!

Regardless,  those look prime buddy  :thumbup:

Thanks!  I only buy medical from the local dispensary.  The quality has gone down in the past couple years or so and I’m finding more seeds.  My friend gave me seeds he found from his own medical bud too. 

I haven’t updated in a while but I harvested and have been curing the bud.  Took a couple nugs from the curing jars already and it’s smoking great.  Smooth and tasty

OfflineVersicolour
    #864294 - 02/05/24 07:04 AM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Right on brother! 

I would actually be happy to get seeds that good in a bag of smoke :yesnod:

I'd say it's most likely due to the plants putting out a few male flowers.

But yeah, enjoy the fruits of your labor  :thumbup:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#864298 - 02/05/24 07:14 AM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Yeah these seeds were nice, I still can’t believe they were all female lol

I’ll post a new journal for my next grow too.  None of my clones survived so it will be from seed again.  I set up a new grow spot so I can let the plants get bigger this time

OfflineVersicolour
    #864299 - 02/05/24 07:19 AM (2 months, 19 days ago)

All females too is crazy!

Yeah man post it up!

When spring gets here,  I'll be posting too  :excited:

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

#864300 - 02/05/24 07:32 AM (2 months, 19 days ago)

I’ll look out for your grow journal, what strains are you planning for the spring?

OfflineVersicolour
    #864304 - 02/05/24 07:38 AM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Oh man, I just got a grip of auto seeds for free!

And, I also have my own cross that I made.

I also have a plant growing right now,  two weeks into flower. So, it's too late to do a grow log on that one. It's a purple strain too.

I grew out so many plants lasts season, that I got all the strains and names mixed up. I wont make that mistake again this seaosn, haha!

Edited by Versicolour (02/05/24 07:47 AM)

OfflineVersicolour
    #864305 - 02/05/24 07:45 AM (2 months, 19 days ago)

The autos are, Mendicino, Muchacha, and Illuminauto #49 Grappa. All feminized.

OfflineNotE
Stranger

#864976 - 02/23/24 06:10 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

Yeah I rubbed em off so nobody else could read them. So I really all I can see are fem or auto. So I know those are those. I’m surprised I have as many as I do. My brothers love to steal stuff. Op I found marshmallow seeds like 2 of em in 3 ounces. And they are gone too.hands down favorite are jock horror and master kush. The first leaves come out sticky. On the master kush.

Edited by NotE (02/23/24 06:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals