Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

What do you guys do to battle depression?
    #849189 - 09/02/21 07:59 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

And dont say psychedelics cos they used to help but the last few times it didnt work. I mean I tripped face but it just felt hollow because even mid trip I still want to die. No epiphanies or revelations just hollow visuals....they say you create your own happiness. And I say I would bet money the person who came up with that bullshit didnt lose the ones they loved most and wasn't alone trapped away from fiance for going on 2 years.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: What do you guys do to battle depression? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #849192 - 09/02/21 09:03 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Wish I had an answer, buddy. I don't. Depression is a significant force in my life. It comes in waves. Like I may feel fine all morning and through the day and then it will crush me in the evening. Or vice versa. Some days and weeks are much worse than others.

I also trip around once a month, and binge drink 2-3 times a month. More often than not I have a blast during these sessions, but...the next day (days) are typically rough. And dark. Sad. Depressing.

:feelsbadman:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you guys do to battle depression? [Re: Niffla]
    #849193 - 09/02/21 09:04 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I get it. I'm the same. It really is like waves.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #849195 - 09/02/21 10:27 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I can spitball some ideas.

I try to take 5 mg of Lithium Orotate every day, seems to help a bit.  In general, I would try to limit your toxin exposure, and perhaps modify your eating habits to be a little healthier.  The gut-brain axis is something to keep in mind, it's possible you have unhealthy levels of gut pathogens, just a possibility.  Either way, burning sugar for fuel causes inflammation, burning fat for fuel is anti-inflammatory.

Inflammation can occur in the brain and cause some issues, so taking some anti-inflammatory herbs wouldn't be a bad idea.  I think a combination of turmeric and black peppercorn would be a good start, and could even be combined with CBG or other anti-inflammatory cannabinoids.

Other herbs to look into would be adaptogens, which are basically anti-stress herbs.  Holy basil is an easy one to grow, ginseng and schisandra are two of my favorites but a bit more difficult to grow.  The Red Reishi mushroom is another good one that can be cultivated indoors or foraged for.

Unfortunately the herbal supplements can be expensive to take daily if you're buying them in small quantities, which is why growing them is so appealing to me.

Next thing I'm going to recommend is something you've definitely heard before, which is exercise.  I myself am terrible about this, but I do best when I get out for a walk at least once a day.  If you want to get the most out of it, high intensity interval training would be the way to go.  Sprint till you're pooped, then walk a bit, then sprint again, and repeat.  Ideally you could find something better than running though.  My neighbor is really into mountain biking, as we have some pretty good trail networks here.

I should mention that I don't believe any of these things alone is enough to cure depression, but they can be helpful in maintaining a healthy body, which by extension includes your mind.  You'll still have to work on restructuring your thoughts, which is all about recognition.  Learning to listen, with not only your ears but all of your senses, learning that the observer is not separate from, but is in fact a part of the observed; the thinker is the thought, and the description is never the described.

Sounds kind of crazy, but I found a pdf of old Krishnamurti dialogues that has some gems hidden within it.  I found some of the concepts he explored very enlightening, if you take the time to sift through the dialogue.  I know you're probably like :awewtf:, but I had to throw it out there.

"We started out by asking if I can look at the whole movement of life as a unitary process. The killing, the refugees, the war in the Middle East, the Catholics, the Protestants, the scientists, the artists, the businessmen, private life, public life, my family, your family - there is endless division. This division has brought about such disorder in the world and in myself. Can I look at all this as a marvelous single movement?

I can't, that is a fact. I can't, because I am fragmented in myself. I am conditioned in myself. So my concern then is, not to find out how to live a unitary life, but to see if the fragmentation can come to an end. And that fragmentation only comes to an end when I realize that all my consciousness is made up of these fragments. My consciousness is the fragmentation. And when I say, "There must be integration, it must be brought together", it is still part of that trick I am playing upon myself.

So I realize that. I realize it as a truth, like fire burns, you can't deceive me, it is a fact, and I am left with it. And I have to find out how it operates in my daily life - not guess, play, theorize. Because I have seen the truth of it, that truth is going to act. If I don't see it and pretend I have seen it, then I am going to make a hideous mess of my life."

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you guys do to battle depression? [Re: yoosername]
    #849198 - 09/02/21 10:58 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

The irony is I do all of those things and I feel no different. I am the most healthy I've ever been and I still feel the same
There is no CBT for me. My depression stems from trauma of losing the people I love most on this planet consecutively  and am left miles away from anything or anyone and stuck away from the only person I want to be with before I die.  What fixes that? I already eat healthy as possible and exercise daily. No amount of talking or rethinking can bring back the dead. There is no solution except to be with the one person that would even remotely make me feel better and the kicker is I literally legally cant because of this pandemic bullshit. I hope this virus wipes out most of the earth's population including the people who make the rules.....or me. I honestly dont care which.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #849202 - 09/02/21 02:26 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

That's tough, I honestly wouldn't know what to do in that situation.  I guess just try to take it one day at a time, and hopefully before long this pandemic will be behind us and we can get back to living somewhat normal lives.

Sorry I'm not much help :feelsbatman:

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you guys do to battle depression? [Re: yoosername]
    #849203 - 09/02/21 02:28 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

oxycodone to numb the pain :spinleaf:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you guys do to battle depression? [Re: Jenny]
    #849205 - 09/02/21 03:47 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Eh dont worry about it I wasn't saying it in a way like it's your responsibility to help lol just bullshitting each day kinda helps :shrug:

:lolsy: @jenny

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

Loc: ΣΔЯТН Flag
    #849228 - 09/04/21 04:05 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Some great advice up there ^^ I would like to add a few points.

To OP.

Isnt it better to have loved and lost, rather than never loved at all? I know its a cliche but its true and maybe its something you could focus on. The good memories. Being thankfull for even having the time you did have with them.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. This is also a cliche that has truth, take solace in the fact you will eventuallybe reunited with your other half and quabbling over trivial stuff in no time.

In general.

As far as managing my depression goes, if its acute, i like to watch funny videos on youtube for an hour or so. Specifically stuff that i know will make me laugh. Laughter is the best medicine, another cliche that works!

Something out of left field but if imreally in a funk i like to shock my CNS with a hot/cold/hot/cold shower 3-4mins each cycle. Doing this before bed will allow me to sleep like a baby. Doing it in the morning is like having an espresso coffee.

Its weird though, even though i know how to get out of depressive states sometimes when im deep in it, i just wallow. Thats when i find myself sleeping for days and days and days.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you guys do to battle depression? [Re: SameThing]
    #849230 - 09/04/21 08:54 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Wow that is excellent advice. I forgot about manual labor(your hot cold advise reminded me) you cant be depressed if you are worn the fuck out :ancientaliens:

Is it better to have loved and lost than to have ever loved at all? :no: and I'd like to find the original guy who said that :notsureif:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#849232 - 09/04/21 10:50 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
My depression stems from trauma of losing the people I love most on this planet

Time is the only real cure one breath at a time one day at a time one week one month one year and with every year that passes the pain will recede but only if you let it. Move on its what the people who loved you would want. As for what will make you happy only you can know the answer to that question, if or when you stumble across it.

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

#849240 - 09/05/21 07:03 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Is it better to have loved and lost than to have ever loved at all? :no: and I'd like to find the original guy who said that :notsureif:

I think it was meatloaf.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849245 - 09/06/21 08:35 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Still no idea when I can get to my fiance....so I'm going to go to my friends who's daughter just tested positive for covid on Wednesday. She isnt there now she's at her dads so I'm going to go visit my friend. I'm unvaccinated. No fucks given. Fuck it there is too many people on this bitch anyway and I'm one that doesnt want to be here....

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

#849265 - 09/07/21 11:27 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

pain killers are seductive for a depressed person and its easy to get addicted to oxycodone :megacrankey:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you guys do to battle depression? [Re: Jenny]
    #849267 - 09/08/21 12:24 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I believe you lol

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849384 - 09/15/21 01:08 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I forgot to mention one of my recent methods. I try to turn it into anger and then punch the shit out of my punching bag until my knuckles are fucked up or I tire out.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

#849405 - 09/15/21 07:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I like to jump in the ocean and yell underwater.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849412 - 09/15/21 08:31 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

That's a good idea....I wonder how many fish you've scared to death lol

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

#849425 - 09/16/21 05:52 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

The fish!!
:wtfsonic:

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds