Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineclusterfuction
Stranger
Is it harvest time? Check out my pics Outdoor Grow -
    #846726 - 09/24/20 04:50 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all. First time poster here.

I am on m 4th year of attempting to grow outdoor cannabis. This year is my best one yet. Although I do have a question as to whether or not they're ready for harvest. If not, about how much longer?

Grow details -

Happy Frog Soil
10 Gallon Fabric Pots
2 Delicious seeds Marmalate
2 Mammiko seeds Accord
All four germinated May 31st, planted in final pots June 2nd.
Been feeding the plants with Fox Farms Liquid Fertilizer Trio. Havent been given nutrients since September 3rd. Just daily watering.

Current outdoor temps, 70-80 highs 55-43 lows.

The only question I have is with 2 of the plants. They started to flower a couple weeks before the other 2. Unfortunately my labels all washed away with some rain , so I don't know for sure which plant is which. Yikes!

Here is the first plant, it's buds, and close up of trichomes from just a few minutes ago.

This the 2nd plant, buds, and trichomes -

Any insight would be much appreciated!!! Thanks for looking!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Is it harvest time? Check out my pics Outdoor Grow - [Re: clusterfuction]
    #846729 - 09/25/20 06:41 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

When did they start flowering? i still see some clear trichomes so i would wait a bit more.

Offlineclusterfuction
Stranger
Re: Is it harvest time? Check out my pics Outdoor Grow - [Re: maggotz]
    #846731 - 09/25/20 07:11 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I was unable to get an exact flowering time. I estimate this is the 7th or 8th full week of flowering.

I understand the first set of pictured might be a bit immature but the second plants trichome photos look to be cloudy, with some already fully amber. I also see that 60%-70% of the pistils are brown/red.

Judging from what you see, how long do you think they need to go? Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are forecasted low 40's, breezy and rainy. I'd hate for these buds to get wet and have no sun for 3 days. Although "breezy" could dry them off a bit.

Thanks for looking them over!

Invisiblemaggotz

#846733 - 09/26/20 08:17 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

second plant does look a bit closer but i would still wait a week and check it. though if weather is an issue i would rather harvest a bit early than risk bud rot/etc.

look into your strains, if heavy sativa it could be a while longer so it comes down to judgment call.

Offlineclusterfuction
Stranger
Re: Is it harvest time? Check out my pics Outdoor Grow - [Re: maggotz]
    #846734 - 09/26/20 11:53 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Well, thanks so much for looking. Unfortunately I have discovered lower budsite turning brown with rot. Not all buds have been affected yet but I think at least the second plant, will be harvested today or tomorrow before the rain.

Offlineclusterfuction
Stranger
    #846735 - 09/26/20 08:08 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

After harvesting the plant I discovered this "bud rot" is not a mold or fungus infestation. When I dug into a bud that had turned brown it always lead to a small, mostly white but sometimes red maggot or worm.

This makes me feel a little better about there not being some type of mold affecting the garden and potentially the drying room. I was able to harvest 60-65% of the plant. I have 3 more which are showing some of the browning too, same infestation I am sure.

Does anyone have any experience with these types of worms which borrow and eat the inside of the bud stems? I am trying to figure out when they show up. I know a lot of the leaves were getting holes in them earlier this summer. Is this burrowing worm the larvae of an earlier pest I could have prevented?

Any advice for the worm prevention would be lovely!

Thank you for reading my post!

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

#846948 - 11/25/20 11:42 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Open up the nug by the "rot" part. I bet there's caterpillars in there. And I'd say your like on week 3 or 4 equivalent to indoor. So outdoor you got probably 2 months till finish.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds