Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhroBro
Stranger
 User Gallery

My first time growing using DWC
    #845748 - 06/23/20 01:31 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I'm growing my first two plants with my friend. I have no background in growing cannabis but I love smoking it. I decide it was time to put my hands to work and grow my medicine. I am using two five gallon buckets with six inch net pots. For the medium I'm using lava rocks, they were easily available and cheap. I have a 3×3×6 growing tent, two vent system with carbon filter, an air pump with one air stone in each bucket, with a Sun System LEC 315w light, a Philips MasterColor CDM-TMW Elite bulb, and oscillating fans.

My seeds have already sprouted and I'm waiting for the root to come out to transfer into the lava rocks. For the nutrients I plan on using General Hydroponics. Mainly using FloraMicro, FloraGro, FloraBloom, and CalMag. I have a feeding schedule as well. I want to make sure I have the correct items I need. I plan on changing out the water every 7-10 day.

My friend suggest we invest on a co² tank but I don't know if that would make a difference, what do you guys think? And what tips do you have a for such begginer like me. I'll post pictures later of my set up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: My first time growing using DWC [Re: PhroBro]
    #845765 - 06/24/20 11:23 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Attempting DWC for your first grow, eh?  That's ballsy.  Are you planning on running a sterile res or inoculating with hydroguard?

I would skip the co2 for now.  It only really benefits you if all other aspects of the grow are dialed in, and light intensity is high enough (~1000 ppfd).

Plus if you buy a co2 tank you'll then need a regulator and a controller, which can run another few hundred dollars.  For a proper sealed setup, you'd also need an AC and a dehumidifier as well.  I'd stick to the basics for now, don't worry about maximizing yield until you can consistently produce a high quality product.

OfflineAliensMaybeYoulike
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: My first time growing using DWC [Re: yoosername]
    #845823 - 06/26/20 10:24 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Can someone be bodyguarding my brother.

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: My first time growing using DWC [Re: AliensMaybeYoulike]
    #845832 - 06/26/20 01:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

we're building this storage shed that originally i thought was for tools and stuff but now that i think about the techshield siding and ventilation makes me think it's really for growing some marijuana :smug:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: My first time growing using DWC [Re: PhroBro]
    #845833 - 06/26/20 02:16 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Ime it's better to have the seeds in rockwool vs straight into the stones. In the past my taproots dried out even when watering every day. My guess is that what little water is left evaporates as the stones don't actually absorb any moisture really.  Also why are you adding cal mag already? It's usually used when a plant is showing signs of a deficiency.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: My first time growing using DWC [Re: yoosername]
    #845834 - 06/26/20 02:20 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
Attempting DWC for your first grow, eh?  That's ballsy.  Are you planning on running a sterile res or inoculating with hydroguard?

I would skip the co2 for now.  It only really benefits you if all other aspects of the grow are dialed in, and light intensity is high enough (~1000 ppfd).

Plus if you buy a co2 tank you'll then need a regulator and a controller, which can run another few hundred dollars.  For a proper sealed setup, you'd also need an AC and a dehumidifier as well.  I'd stick to the basics for now, don't worry about maximizing yield until you can consistently produce a high quality product.

Also this for the co2. Unless you have a full grasp on that then it wouldn't really be beneficial. At least wait until you have a few grows under your belt.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck