Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAmanita86
Head Manager

Loc: Just south of down.
Re: Start preparing for the corona virus in America [Re: poor boy]
    #844274 - 04/08/20 06:50 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

The big wigs are crashing the economy, they released a deadly virus, the military is moving in, the one world government is organizing, all that shit, the end game is becoming a reality.  Environment is trashed, money = bullshit, freedom is gone and the microchip is coming, probably gonna see a mandatory vaccine soon.. the whole 9 son.

--------------------
It's not easy being green..:bouncysmoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Start preparing for the corona virus in America [Re: Amanita86]
    #844278 - 04/08/20 09:04 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck it...

I'm okay with a one governed world

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #844280 - 04/08/20 12:22 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
They are pretty much marking any flu like death as covid...

I promise you that the 100s of people dying a day are not all from covid..

I'd like to see source data on that, as I've read that there are increased rates of death due to "influenza" and "pneumonia" that are probably related to covid-19 but aren't being tested or confirmed as such in the frenzy of activity, and that actual covid-19 death numbers are under-represented in the official data.

Quote:

XUL said:
Quote:

cannabispatient said:
Quote:

Not bad. Not too much to worry about.

Four weeks later, and we've got a LOT to worry about.

The virus does not have a high kill rate.

You gave your freedom away for safety and peace. Are you enjoying that peace?

:thefuckisthis:

The virus does have a high mortality rate, at the current number of 2%, it is more than 20x as lethal as the common flu.

That't not as lethal as SARS or MERS, but that's why this virus is particularly problematic. It presents mild symptoms in the majority of cases, allowing large reservoirs of the virus to walk around and spread it to other people. SARS and MERS hosts are usually stuck to one spot, or dead before they have a chance to infect a significant number of people. You might have a 2% overall chance of dying from covid-19, but you are much more likely to catch it when compared with SARS or MERS, and we have the numbers to back that up.

And that 2% mortality is only true if you have the medical support for the 20% of cases who need time in the hospital, or and ICU bed, or a ventilator. If the nation's healthcare infrastructure is overwhelmed by a spike of infections, then the death rate will also spike up to or even exceeding those of SARS.

The US has lost nearly 3x the number of people that we lost in the Iraq War, a figure that took nearly 9 years to build up, all within the last 2 weeks, and the peak death rate per day will nearly double in the next week. The mean projected death toll a mere two months from now will meet or exceed all conflict-related US deaths from the Vietnam War to the present, and the worst-case curve may double that number. So 65 years of conflict-related US deaths eclipsed by a single virus in a matter of 4 months.

Its pretty easy for you to shrug this off as no big deal because you're up in the woods of BFE, Maine hiding from minorities. The majority of people who aren't scared of diversity live in less-isolated locations for work, and thus can't take advantage of natural social distancing. Additionally, I have personally witnessed people who are literally ignoring all guidelines for minimizing the spread of a pandemic, and their actions present a direct threat to the rest of us, hence the necessary temporary restrictions on certain activities.

This virus is a real threat, and dumbasses who don't or won't acknowledge that are the ones who will only exacerbate that threat for all of the innocent people around them. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Start preparing for the corona virus in America [Re: Data]
    #844291 - 04/09/20 08:17 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I'd like to see source data on that, as I've read that there are increased rates of death due to "influenza" and "pneumonia" that are probably related to covid-19 but aren't being tested or confirmed as such in the frenzy of activity, and that actual covid-19 death numbers are under-represented in the official data.

:cookiemonster:

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#844292 - 04/09/20 08:22 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I agree. I think there should be a nation wide shut down.

Close grocery stores, only delivery. Close gas stations and restaurants. Keep your blue collar guys off the streets unless it's an emergency. And you must have a release papers showing you're are aloud out. While out you must be wearing protection. If not, fined.

I'm so fucking tired seeing all these fucking idiots out and about.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#844293 - 04/09/20 08:53 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:

:cookiemonster:

I'm confused, weren't you were implying that covid deaths are being over-reported for the exact opposite classification mistakes? Why would there be widespread reports of above baseline and above epidemic threshold influenza infections and above baseline mortality of pneumonia and influenza outside of the normal flu season? Wouldn't doing what you were claiming act to drop those numbers?

I think it's a fair assumption that with the crazy shit that's going on and the lack of testing availability, that some covid and Pm&I deaths are being confused for one another, but I haven't seen any evidence that a significant bias for covid is occurring, the evidence I have seen suggests a likelihood for the opposite, if any bias for one or the other is occurring at all. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#844295 - 04/09/20 01:06 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

No.

I'm saying the media is claiming every death as a covid death.

Old Granny Smith next door died from a heart attack. CORONAVIRUS!

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#844296 - 04/09/20 01:23 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Oooh gotcha. :dumblol:

Yea I can't speak for the media, if that's how that's proceeding then its fucking irresponsible to report that way. I'm looking at the official numbers from the CDC and JHU sources on both covid19 and Pm&I. I know at least the covid19 numbers are directly relayed through the coronavirus pandemic wikipedia entry, and are updated 2-3 times a day. The Pm&I numbers in the US are available in a weekly fluview report through the CDC. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#844297 - 04/09/20 03:58 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

At this point I really don't know what numbers I should read.

And furthermore, data. Trump is a fucking retard. I still can't get over the fact that he's planning/ trying to "reopen murika".

He was all about health and safety when he thought he might have it, but the second he was cleared, EVERYONE! GO OUTSIDE! ENJOY MURIKA! WHOOOO!!!

:rocketcrotch:

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
Head Manager

#844299 - 04/09/20 05:48 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

It’s gonna be worse when people go full on Mad Max bruh..

--------------------

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery

#844306 - 04/10/20 07:53 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Smell my penile cheese!

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Start preparing for the corona virus in America [Re: cannabispatient]
    #844311 - 04/10/20 06:16 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Dick cheese!

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
Head Manager

#844318 - 04/11/20 02:37 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

That is an excellent point! Thank you for reading!:awesome:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#844321 - 04/11/20 06:10 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

If you thought that was an eye opener, check this..

Vagisilly

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#844368 - 04/12/20 09:25 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Americans [alot of them] clearly have this implicit sense that they 'are the world'.

lol

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Start preparing for the corona virus in America [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #844371 - 04/13/20 07:11 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know about other people, but I know I'm the fucking world!

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Loc: America Flag
    #844406 - 04/14/20 03:26 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

America failed as a country based on freedom. Indeed, the Constitution and people were not able to prevent tyranny during the coronavirus pandemic. We traded freedom for safety and the deal is done. The precedent is set. How unfortunate.

With that said, life goes on. But we know we are no longer a nation based on liberty. We are based on science, numbers, and equity.

InvisibleAmanita86
Head Manager

Re: Start preparing for the corona virus in America [Re: XUL]
    #844409 - 04/14/20 04:51 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

My bible told me it was gonna go this way.  People are easily predictable.  Like little children even when adult.  I don’t need to see a snowflake to know when winter is coming.

It’s important to find the good people.  In a land where wrong is right and right is wrong there’s still a few who aren’t led by their impulses, desires and cheerleading by the television.

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#844416 - 04/14/20 05:48 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Whaaa...

You're like a weather rock! You must fight evil with this new found power!

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Start preparing for the corona virus in America [Re: XUL]
    #844418 - 04/14/20 06:35 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
America failed as a country based on freedom. Indeed, the Constitution and people were not able to prevent tyranny during the coronavirus pandemic. We traded freedom for safety and the deal is done. The precedent is set. How unfortunate.

With that said, life goes on. But we know we are no longer a nation based on liberty. We are based on science, numbers, and equity.

Overly dramatic. Again, it's easy for you to preach about it from your hidey-hole up in the middle of nowhere. I love how temporarily staying home in a concerted effort to prevent 100s of thousands of deaths is seen as an impulsive, tyrannical decision.

The same shit happened in 1918, restrictions were left up to the state and local government, it wasn't implemented uniformly, and over half a million people died in the US.

Chill out man, the government wants you back at work paying them taxes. They wouldn't be keeping you home unless they thought that the gap in revenue was less than the longterm revenue losses due to American deaths from an un-controlled pandemic. You'll get those "freedoms" back ASAP.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates