Home | Community | Message Board


Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCheetosBurritos
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/23/19
Posts: 24
Last seen: 28 days, 19 hours
Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question???
    #843227 - 02/23/20 08:57 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

So I'm new here Cheetos burritos for everyone you're welcome by the way.😂😂
No but seriously I'm wondering if this kit is a great choice? Now mind you this WILL be the flowering tent I will be getting another tent for veg. But for starters let's find out about this set up.

This is the web address for the specs!

https://thebudgrower.com/product/advanced-indoor-grow-kit/



Edited by CheetosBurritos (02/23/20 09:19 AM)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCheetosBurritos
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/23/19
Posts: 24
Last seen: 28 days, 19 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: CheetosBurritos]
    #843230 - 02/23/20 11:56 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Anyone???


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Registered: 06/09/17
Posts: 432
Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: CheetosBurritos] * 1
    #843232 - 02/23/20 01:46 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Avoid it like the plague.  Your money will be better spent elsewhere.

If that's your budget you should be able to set up a nice 4x4.  You can either spend most of the money on quantum boards rather than that shit in the kit, or start with HPS to keep costs down.

Soil and saucers you can get from the hydro store, fabric pots are cheaper on amazon.  Timers are $5 at walmart, hangers and fans you can also get on amazon.  The other stuff is all pretty easy to find, the kit just puts it all together with some outdated lighting and sells it at a marked-up price.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/25/19
Posts: 92
Last seen: 1 year, 1 month
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: yoosername] * 1
    #843234 - 02/23/20 04:20 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Never buy a kit that's put together with a bunch of trash. Start with a tent, light, some pots and a ventilation fan. Adjust from there. Most of the time these have huge mark up. And I love the flaming hot cheetos burritos.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCheetosBurritos
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/23/19
Posts: 24
Last seen: 28 days, 19 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: yoosername]
    #843247 - 02/24/20 07:29 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
Avoid it like the plague.  Your money will be better spent elsewhere.

If that's your budget you should be able to set up a nice 4x4.  You can either spend most of the money on quantum boards rather than that shit in the kit, or start with HPS to keep costs down.

Soil and saucers you can get from the hydro store, fabric pots are cheaper on amazon.  Timers are $5 at walmart, hangers and fans you can also get on amazon.  The other stuff is all pretty easy to find, the kit just puts it all together with some outdated lighting and sells it at a marked-up price.



with that being said the kid is trashed we will not be spending that on the grow kit thanks for the info what are some necessities of a good indoor grow for top-shelf quality indoor craft cannabis?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCheetosBurritos
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/23/19
Posts: 24
Last seen: 28 days, 19 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: Cannabrainz]
    #843248 - 02/24/20 07:31 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabrainz said:
Never buy a kit that's put together with a bunch of trash. Start with a tent, light, some pots and a ventilation fan. Adjust from there. Most of the time these have huge mark up. And I love the flaming hot cheetos burritos.



Hell yeah they're awesome right 🤘🤘🤘🤘🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Registered: 06/09/17
Posts: 432
Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: CheetosBurritos] * 1
    #843253 - 02/24/20 03:17 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

For top shelf cannabis, the number one most important thing to have is experience, and there's only one way to get that :wink:

You should start small unless you've got a bit of extra cash to spend on electricity each month.  I started in a 4x8 tent with 2 1000w hps, so my electric bill was an extra $200 a month before I even knew how to grow.  A 4x4 is a good sized space to start with if you can afford it.  You'll also need an exhaust fan for air exchange.

After you've decided on a tent, you can begin thinking about lighting.  Quantum board LEDs are top of the line, and cost a bit less than $1/watt to build.  Hps is cheaper, and will still grow good buds, but you'll have to change bulbs regularly to maintain peak efficiency.  I bought my hps setups used for $100 each, or $0.10/watt.  The QBs are more efficient and will generally out perform hps at equivalent wattages, so you can get by with less wattage.  But it takes a few years to pay itself off. 

Now that you've got a tent and some lights, you'll need to decide how you're going to grow.  If you're going to be feeding bottled nutrients, I'd suggest growing hydroponically.  If you have any experience with gardening, you'll find organics to be more familiar.  Hydro will be more expensive, but you'll get quicker growth in veg.  I grow organically.

Depending on your environment, you may also need a humidifier/dehumidifier, heater, or air conditioner.  Environmental control is the name of the game.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCheetosBurritos
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/23/19
Posts: 24
Last seen: 28 days, 19 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: yoosername]
    #843301 - 02/26/20 01:02 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
For top shelf cannabis, the number one most important thing to have is experience, and there's only one way to get that :wink:

You should start small unless you've got a bit of extra cash to spend on electricity each month.  I started in a 4x8 tent with 2 1000w hps, so my electric bill was an extra $200 a month before I even knew how to grow.  A 4x4 is a good sized space to start with if you can afford it.  You'll also need an exhaust fan for air exchange.

After you've decided on a tent, you can begin thinking about lighting.  Quantum board LEDs are top of the line, and cost a bit less than $1/watt to build.  Hps is cheaper, and will still grow good buds, but you'll have to change bulbs regularly to maintain peak efficiency.  I bought my hps setups used for $100 each, or $0.10/watt.  The QBs are more efficient and will generally out perform hps at equivalent wattages, so you can get by with less wattage.  But it takes a few years to pay itself off. 

Now that you've got a tent and some lights, you'll need to decide how you're going to grow.  If you're going to be feeding bottled nutrients, I'd suggest growing hydroponically.  If you have any experience with gardening, you'll find organics to be more familiar.  Hydro will be more expensive, but you'll get quicker growth in veg.  I grow organically.

Depending on your environment, you may also need a humidifier/dehumidifier, heater, or air conditioner.  Environmental control is the name of the game.



GREAT imfo right here!!! Ok so I actually want to grow organically. any suggestions on tents? id love to dedicate this thread to master cults and anyone needing the knowledge of "how to" in 2020. as we all want the best medicine possible!


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Registered: 06/09/17
Posts: 432
Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: CheetosBurritos] * 1
    #843357 - 02/28/20 11:56 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I opted to build my own tent with a few 2x4s, 2x2s, a 100ft roll of black and white poly and a bunch of gorilla tape.  Total cost for the 4x8 tent was under $200, and left me with 2/3s of the poly.

I've never bought a tent, but I've heard fusion huts are as good as gorilla grow tents. 

Your next challenge will be sourcing dry amendments and compost for your soil mix.  I can provide you with the recipe I'm using, but finding the highest quality earthworm castings and compost will be up to you (try local farms).  Many organic growers start worm bins to process organic matter into usable EWC.  It's also common practice to grow dynamic accumulators such as comfrey to provide fresh green material for the worms.  Comfrey can also be dried, ground into a meal, and used as an amendment.  Just be sure to use the sterile bocking 14 variety, as regular comfrey is highly invasive.  Also keep in mind that wherever you plant it, it will remain forever.

Now for pot size.  With organics, the bigger the better.  I'm currently using 5  7-10 gal fabric pots per 4x4, but 15 gal is the recommended minimum for no-till.  My plan is to upgrade to 150 gal fabric beds, but I won't be able to until summer.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCheetosBurritos
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/23/19
Posts: 24
Last seen: 28 days, 19 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: yoosername]
    #854392 - 12/24/21 11:49 PM (29 days, 11 hours ago)

I have subcools super soil recipe and know how to let it cook. I even have mendondopes no till recipe. Believe it or not I have see the best results come from using the Canna Coco line up along side Mammoth p! Im sorry I know you don't agree or like the synth choice only defense I have is at least it's not completely synthetic and has some what a bio organic base. I WOULD love to get your recipe and try it out at a later date though. Just having it in the thread may help a ton of people out! Thanks for the reply!


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Registered: 06/09/17
Posts: 432
Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: CheetosBurritos]
    #854398 - 12/25/21 05:53 AM (29 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

CheetosBurritos said:
I have subcools super soil recipe and know how to let it cook. I even have mendondopes no till recipe. Believe it or not I have see the best results come from using the Canna Coco line up along side Mammoth p! Im sorry I know you don't agree or like the synth choice only defense I have is at least it's not completely synthetic and has some what a bio organic base. I WOULD love to get your recipe and try it out at a later date though. Just having it in the thread may help a ton of people out! Thanks for the reply!



My recipe was a modified coots style mix, but I've actually recently switched over to DTW coco with synthetic nutrients.  I've only been vegging plants so far, but things have been going pretty well. 

I even grew some tomatoes and peppers outside in coco over the summer, fed with only runoff.  They turned out pretty tasty! :awesome:

For my next flower run I'll be using Jack's 321, with SA Garden Friendly Fungicide, and hopefully some silica, mr fulvic, and kelp. 

There is a good thread on the jacks/fulvic/silica/kelp combination over at THCFarmer, if you search for "the recipe" you should find it.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCheetosBurritos
Grower
Male


Registered: 12/23/19
Posts: 24
Last seen: 28 days, 19 hours
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: yoosername]
    #854435 - 12/25/21 03:26 PM (28 days, 19 hours ago)

That's dope my friend! Thanks for the info and heads up! I'm gonna check that out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinekreg
ARE YOU NEW? HOW CAN I HELP U
 User Gallery

Registered: 09/15/21
Posts: 1,133
Last seen: 1 hour, 31 minutes
Re: Grow kit to get or not to get that IS thee question??? [Re: CheetosBurritos]
    #854438 - 12/25/21 03:37 PM (28 days, 19 hours ago)

Hello Cheetos! Welcome! When growing indoor the best place to start is GOOD SOIL and that kit would have fucked you good for a long time, ocean forest is waaaay too hot. Get Happy Frog instead and cut it with coir and or perlite. Water very very lightly starting out, like almost make effort not to, wait til you can pick up the container and it feels light. Water is 1g per 1ml you will feel the weight when it's ready.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Opinion Needed on Grow Kit shanker 4,087 13 04/17/11 07:50 PM
by Rusty ShackleFord
* Buying a Grow Kit for 500$? RanOutOfWeed2 771 3 03/18/16 09:30 AM
by Baron_Samedi
* Grow Set Up Questions - Need Sound Advice Cuban Strain 4,821 16 04/22/09 10:10 AM
by Dr. Penguin
* First attempt at indoor grow - A Few Questions + Grow Log Wolfiewolfie 1,757 5 09/13/18 10:46 PM
by AndrejVoorhees
* make your own hydroponic grow kit 0712 2,305 2 04/30/09 01:28 AM
by AKSE
* 4' x 2' grow space setup questions mystkspiral 2,828 10 06/24/13 12:02 PM
by Hawksresurrection
* Suggestions on what to add to my New grow setup/Other questions. critik 2,459 6 11/03/10 05:10 PM
by critik
* noob 1st grow... Quick Germ question! phrostbyte 1,030 2 09/19/11 02:40 PM
by phrostbyte

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
917 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:
High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2022 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.