Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRuhroh
Words on a page

Loc: West Virginia
My girlfriend said she knew what she was doing
    #827985 - 08/18/17 01:22 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Is this plant going to be ok?

She was talking about how the fan leaves are useless and just use up the energy rather than it going to the new grow sites. I knew I had heard something about this and that maybe removing some of these leaves would be beneficial but I was thinking that was a lot later in the plants life. This plant had just now showed signs of sex (being female)

Well she said to trust her (even though she kept saying she could be completely wrong) and just started picking at the plant firstly removing all of the fully grown leaves (later I had read once these fan leaves are fully grown they no longer generate energy or sugars)

but then she started picking smaller ones too. I just decided to trust her and let her at it.

Well now the plant looks like a scrawny little twig plant...I'm hoping it can recover...not quite sure what work to do with it at this point...hoping it doesn't try to regrow useless branches....

hoping you guys could give me some info on this. I'll include a picture of my 2 healthy plants that weren't pruned, which is pretty much how the pruned one looked before.

--------------------
and that's all that bitch wrote down...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My girlfriend said she knew what she was doing [Re: Ruhroh]
    #827987 - 08/18/17 02:59 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

"I don't know what I'm doing, so I guess I'll just keep doing it"

Fan leaves are solar panels. You can pick the smaller non-shade leaf from the bottom to encourage more growth up top to some extent before your removing too many bud producing sites.

I'd leave the others alone.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My girlfriend said she knew what she was doing [Re: phychotron]
    #827992 - 08/18/17 06:23 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Ya just bottom to lolipop. Or some large omes to let light to lower branches.. but yes remember plants use leaves to produce energy. 

Your plant will be fine but dont pull anymore. Only when it becomes a canopy ie block all the light from lower budsites is it a concern.

OfflineRuhroh
Words on a page

Loc: West Virginia
Re: My girlfriend said she knew what she was doing [Re: Theman]
    #828017 - 08/19/17 11:29 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

thanks guys

--------------------
and that's all that bitch wrote down...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder