Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekr0nik0
Stranger

Possible Nute Burn On New Leaf and Bud Growth
    #825164 - 03/30/17 09:28 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

The following plant is a "test" plant, so to speak.
Only this lonesome girl as I wanted to play with some new genetics (good medicine x sour diesel)
without introducing her to my grow area as that space is currently in veg light cycle.

Anyways, she's been giving me problems now almost 5 weeks into flowering.

She was flushed before switching to 12/12, followed by alternating feedings of worm casing tea + CalMag, bubbled out water, repeat.

Over/underwatering is out of the equation with this one, and using only organic nutes, mostly homemade ones I've never had an issue like this which certainly looks like nute burn.

Here's some pictures for reference:

Any ideas, suggestions?
TIA

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible Nute Burn On New Leaf and Bud Growth [Re: kr0nik0] * 1
    #825165 - 03/30/17 10:13 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Do you know the pH of the runoff?

Could be a few problems, looks like they're deficient. Nutrient burn starts at the tips, but that doesn't fully look like the issue. looks like a Phosphorus or potassium issue. Could be a root problem, pH problem, not enough microbes, etc.

There's a form at the top of the forums, if you could copy/paste and fill that out it'd be a lot easier to analyze.  Also, the photos show different colored leaves (last one for example) is that becuase they really are lighter and more yellow-ish than the one's at the top of the photo? or is it just the way the sun's hitting it?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinekr0nik0
Stranger

Re: Possible Nute Burn On New Leaf and Bud Growth [Re: phychotron]
    #825167 - 03/30/17 10:44 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

This was the first time that I "built" soil specifically for growing bud.
Inoculating the soil with EM1, Mycorrhizal, and supplementing it with Gro Kashi, among a few other things.

Not to digress, but I haven't been monitoring PH levels due to that reason. Thinking that the microbes and fungi would be the "workers" to regulate the PH. And it seemed to be doing a hell of a job until recently, if that is indeed the problem.

As for the different colored leaves, the pictures were taken with a 40w clamp light shooting up from the base of the plant and a LED on top, so it lightened them in the picture, but the color is a consistent green throughout.

Thank you much for the prompt reply and charts.

I'll have the form you mentioned filled out and posted in this thread tomorrow morning as well as some better pictures using only natural light. Thank you again.

:jah:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible Nute Burn On New Leaf and Bud Growth [Re: kr0nik0]
    #825169 - 03/31/17 04:00 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Cannatalk has a good article about pH. Mosty hydro related but still good info.

http://www.cannagardening.com/cannatalk/cannatalk_28

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleTetracan420
Baby Bloomer

#825175 - 03/31/17 10:35 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

What are you using for organic nutes? Potassium deficiency is up there on my suspect list.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/potassium-deficiency-cannabis

Offlinekr0nik0
Stranger

Re: Possible Nute Burn On New Leaf and Bud Growth [Re: Tetracan420]
    #825188 - 03/31/17 10:34 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

psychotron, thank you again for the help.
The Cannatalk pages were extremely helpful to me. :thumbup:

Tetracan, you are right. Or at least we've come close to a conclusion that it is most likely a K deficiency.

I was lucky to have the owner of a grow shop here in town come over and help me out. Ended up picking up some Kelp Meal, and we'll see how the lady is doing in a few days.

Quick question for you guys; this particular plant is set up on a light timer, but it's "boxed" in at night due to some ambient lighting disrupting the night cycle.
I have to head out of town for a week on Monday, leaving my wife to take care of her.
Her work schedule won't permit her to remove and replace the "night box" at the correct times. Any suggestions on a cheap way to get around this, and make it easier on her?

I guess I could box her in (the plant) against the wall with a big cardboard box cut off on one side, and making holes for the 3 lights being used on the sides/bottom. I'm afraid if I do that, it'll keep the humidity way too high in there, though.

Any input?

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Possible Nute Burn On New Leaf and Bud Growth [Re: kr0nik0]
    #825195 - 04/01/17 03:24 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Kelp MEAL may take awhile for u to see results. 

Any idea what ur city water is like?

Have u looked for bugs? Aphids gnats etc?

Under leaves in cracks on new growth.

Thinga flying around soil or crawling in couple unches of soil.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #825333 - 04/11/17 09:26 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I would guess, using Phychotron's chart, that its a lack of Iron in your nutes. Going off the green/yellow alternating pattern on the leaves.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds