Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegritsncheese
Stranger

New Grower. Massachusetts
    #822000 - 12/17/16 10:54 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Hello Friends,

Soontobe new grower here. As far as I can tell it is legal to grow in Mass. 6 flowering plants and 6 vegetative plants.

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/growing-marijuana-massachusetts/

I spent a lot of time on Shroomery and got to a pretty advanced level with mushroom cultivation grains, agar, "bulk grows", but I am not actively doing it anymore. (I have enough stored to last a very long time) If it is legal, I can't see any reason why I shouldn't be growing, and giving up mushroom cultivation has left a hole in my heart.

SO I am just getting started here. Trying to learn the basics. I am planning on beginning my grow in the third week of January. I promise that this thread will be updated frequently for the next 6 months. With all that in mind is there a tek out that that you would recommend?

Here is what I know so far:

Temp 70-85 ( it is cold here so I assume I will have to find a way to heat, or maybe the lights will do that on their own)

RH 60-70 for veg
RH 40-60 for flowers
RH 80-90 for clones  (I assume that a tent and some per lite will help with this, but is that enough?)

I need a digital thermometer / hygrometer (these were always supposed to be useless for mushroom cultivation. Is that not the case with weed? Recommended brand?)

From what I read I want a 400 watt metal halide. Is this correct? Would it be better to have two tents one for veg and one for flowering?

I need a ph tester kit

I assume I need to order seeds from somewhere and that I could probably get started now by just doing that. I don't know anything about strains or sexing or any of that so this will be interesting. Where should I get seeds from?

I need ventilation I guess? How do you keep RH high while ventilating.

I am reading this thread right now:
https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/819194

I remember sloppy with those big gulp grows from shroomery. That grow looks like what I want to do

What about soil and nutrients? What makes sense for a new grower. I am pretty much looking for the shotgun fruiting chamber equivalent to cannabis growing. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Anything I need to do way ahead of time to make sure everything is ready to go by Jan 15th is what I really want to know. I am sure I will be reading non stop until then, but I thought I would post for documentations sake.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grower. Massachusetts [Re: gritsncheese]
    #822003 - 12/17/16 12:41 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

1. You want MH spectrum for veg HPS for flower.
2. Yes knowing the temperature and RH is helpful.
3. There's a number of places that sell seeds. I have heard great things about gorilla. I myself had good success with single seed center.
4. As far as strains go that's up to you and what you want. Indica is more 'couch lock' feeling. While sativa is more energetic. You can buy 'regular' seeds or feminized seeds which you are guaranteed to get a female plant. Some say you have a higher Hermie chance with fems. But as long as the breeder is doing it right you shouldn't run into this problem. (With that said stay away from Cali connection).
5. Yes airflow is very important. Too much humidity can be bad and cause problems. Ime keeping it 40%-60% is fine. If your using a closed hood (recommended) then you will need to vent the hot air out of the growing area.
6. There's really no 'noob' technique like the sgfc and cakes. Growing weed is much harder then mushrooms ime. Unlike mushrooms plants are less forgiving. I would just start out using soil and learn from their.
7. If your home depot or Lowes carries kellog soil you can use that. If not I'd get start with happy frog from fox farms. You can also make your own. There's recipes everywhere online
8. As for nutes I'd go with pure blend pro series. It's good for noons because it's hard to burn plants with it.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grower. Massachusetts [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #822005 - 12/17/16 12:54 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah and pick up this book.

Offlinegritsncheese
Stranger

Re: New Grower. Massachusetts [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #822009 - 12/17/16 03:40 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks Deadkndys I appreciate the advice

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New Grower. Massachusetts [Re: gritsncheese]
    #822010 - 12/17/16 07:00 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

No u don't need both mh and hps. Hps is tottaly fine to get u going. SpeND  that money on proper genetics or growing medium. which will make way more of a difference then using mh for Veg. Only reason is really to save more expensive and important hps.

And I 100% disagree mushrooms environmental factors Cleanliness! and Temps recipe make a pass or total fail. Cannabis will grow and flower in way wider range enironments. Growing shrooms shows ur very good at following instructions. Children in grade school can grow plants with some success. Growing mushrooms little less successful lol.

Anoway, there is a couple decent documents on this site which will get u growing.

As for clones naa u don't need perlite to keep humidity up.  Just Rockwoole in a plastic dome. And don't have to worry to much just mist 1 or 2 times a day and ur good. Just remember it's the water and AIR in the Rockwool that makes them work well. Don't need to be saturated just nice and moist.

Potting mix can work. Although a soil less mix with amendments is probably better. With usually 1/2 or so strength nutes. Check ur ph and ur good.

It will take time to learn how to read plants. But few runs and Ull have enough problems to learn :smile:

Venting is important esp the larger the grow. If 1 plant a fan will be fine.

Remember 100% light tight for flowering tent or room.

Good luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order