Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJonny_Jonnson
Stranger
New grower needs some help please!
    #366736 - 02/17/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hello everyone, I just got a few new little girls the first one was a little yellow when I got it but they guy said it would bounce back, but I think it has gotten worse.  I am not sure what the problem is and need some advice on how to handle it.  Thanks for all info and help!

http://www.dailybuds.com/uploads_forum/388/176.jpg
http://www.dailybuds.com/uploads_forum/388/179.jpg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New grower needs some help please! [Re: Jonny_Jonnson]
    #366740 - 02/17/10 07:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh wow... I've honestly never seen anything like that before.

those nice green leaves on top there, are they still growing or have they basically just stalled out in that position?

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New grower needs some help please! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #366807 - 02/17/10 08:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ATTENTION FILL THIS OUT FIRST BEFORE STARTING NEW THREADS

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

The more info you give us the better we can help you dude!!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineJonny_Jonnson
Stranger

Re: New grower needs some help please! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #366961 - 02/17/10 09:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

1)Blueberry Clones
2)I would say about 2 weeks ago is when they were cut
3)about 4 inches
4)NFT
5)General Hydroponics is the name of the brand then the 3 bottles I have are FloraBloom, FloraMicro, FloraGro.
6) I try my best to water with 5.8 +/- .1  I also do not use tap water I buy the 5 gallon jugs of water purified with R/O.
7) I do not have a ppm tester at this time, I was told that as long as I follow the directions on how much Nuts I put into the water and depending on how the plant reacts everything would be alright.
9)hovers between 76-78
11)Right now the roots have not grown into the gutters that I am using as the canal ways, so I have to manually feed the them by just pouring water into the rock wool.  I have the water running constantly in the canal's waiting for the roots tho.
12)I just sprayed on straight R/O purified water. I have not done that before just wanted to see if it would make a change.
13)I have a 400w MH combined with fluorescents I have 2 40w bulbs running with the 400w MH for now. still have to hang the other 2 40w bulbs up.
14)a good 2 feet its not too hot at the plant tops
15)I have a 10.5/11.5ft room that I am currently only using a small 5x3ft space for the plants.  Plenty of air circulating, 2 box fans, 1 osilating, and 1 exhaust fan that is not running yet till they get a bit bigger
16)ranges from 74-79 humidity is around 30-40%
17) It is in a basement so i have killed 2 or 3 spiders, but other then that no.  I took extreme measures to clean my room to make sure any existing pests were removed b4 construction.  I washed all walls ceiling, floor.
18) This is my first run so any help would be awesome! :smile:

I hope that this info will help you pro's to help reverse what ever has been done to my little girls :/

About the PPM meter I didn't think it would be a huge deal because I would be able to tell if they are over fert and just dilute the solution with more pure water, after the plants told me hey dude relax on the nutes. However from what I have seen so far this doesn't look like over fert - if im wrong please let me know lol.

Thanks again for help

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #367042 - 02/17/10 11:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the info.  The more we have the better we can narrow down what your problem may be.

How many ml's per gallon of the nutrient solution are you adding??  I'd say your not putting enough in by the looks of them.  Bump up the grow and the micro nutes, just a little at a time though.  They are still young and it should not take much.

How often are you watering the rock wool cubes?  Are they drying out at all in between??

Let spiders stay in your garden man.  They are beneficial.  Spiders kill bugs, and bugs are what we don't want.  My grow space is the only place in my house that I let them live and for good reason.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineJonny_Jonnson
Stranger

#367160 - 02/18/10 07:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I water them twice a day morning and evening.  Right before I water them I feel the rock wool to make sure that it still has moisture in it and so far they have not dried out.  When I received them a few days ago they were in the small rock wool cubes so once I got them I had already been soaking the bigger rockwool cubes in 5.5ph water and a small amount of all three of the nutes.  The package of the rock wool said I wasn't supposed to be watering them for the first 2-4 days so all I really gave them was just maybe a half a cup each to make sure that they didn't dry out. Now I have to start giving them some more since its past that 4 day mark.  So I will take your advice and give them some more nutes.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Ill post back to let you know how things have gone in a day or 2.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #367180 - 02/18/10 08:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

what's the concentration of your nutrient solution you're watering with? like, how many ml of grow, micro and bloom are you adding to each gallon?

--------------------

OfflineJonny_Jonnson
Stranger

#367478 - 02/18/10 05:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I add a 1/4 teaspoon to 1 gallon.  That is the ratio that it tells you to do on the back of the bottles.  1/4 of each for seedlings and cuttings is how it words it.  Who knew that following directions could be bad lol.

OfflineJonny_Jonnson
Stranger

#367479 - 02/18/10 06:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

UPDATE: The yellow leaves now have brown spots on them, no longer just on the tips but some close to the center of the leaf.  Does this clue help pin point the problem at all?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #367483 - 02/18/10 06:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well I would guess they're just a little hungry is all. do they have a decently developed root system? If they have roots that are a couple inches long or so then they can handle near full strength at this point. I'd feed them with about a full teaspoon of micro and 1.75 teapoons bloom next time you water.

I don't personally use the "grow," as I find the micro has enough nitrogen to cover it, but if you want to use all three then you can figure out a way to keep a similar ratio of total food/gallon I think. Good luck! :flyhigh:

--------------------

OfflineJonny_Jonnson
Stranger

#367623 - 02/18/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Right now the roots have not grown out of the 3 inch rock wool blocks.  When I placed them into the rock wool the roots were probably about 2 inches.  Do you still think that is enough of a root structure to be going with full nutes?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag