Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDogdancing
Stranger
Need advice, new grower!
    #817785 - 08/05/16 08:57 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Hello guys, I'm a member of the shroomery I've been reading the growery for quite a while and i finally got a chance to try and grow something for myself. 

I got a "kush" plant from an old friend of mine, it was in a 1gallon pot.  It was already pretty big and root-bound.  I moved it into a 5 gallon bucket as soon as I could that's got normal potting soil in it as well as a layer of rocks at the bottom accompany the drainage holes.
    It seems to have liked the new bigger area and has grow a bit bigger in the 2 1/2 weeks.  But recently in the past 3-4 days its developed yellowing and some leaves have shriveled up and died!  I've read its normal for a few to do that, but it seems like a lot..I've take about 10 leaves off that just fall off when u touch them close to the stem. 
  I haven't given it ant nutrients or compost etc..maybe that's the problem?  And that its hunger?  I'm not sure, any help would be appreciated here are a few pictures that I took of it tonight. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: Dogdancing]
    #817787 - 08/05/16 10:33 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

i would give it a haft dose of nutrients and see what happen if it were me . if it was indoors i would say a ph balance flush and a light feeding but outdoors nature should take care of it !
whats your water source ?

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineDogdancing
Stranger

Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: dmtcorey]
    #817813 - 08/06/16 05:16 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Alright I gave it some food hopefully that helps!  My water source is just my tap water(oregon tap water).

Thanks for the advice!

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
    #817838 - 08/07/16 04:14 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

yup it's hungry nitrogen deficiency for sure since that's really what it needs at this stage and set the ph of your water to slightly acidic so your plant can absorb the nutes properly 6 works well for me but others like more acidic

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

OfflinePotheadhobby
Stranger
Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #817842 - 08/07/16 09:26 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are idiots lol, this happens every time you move a plant. For me it did that to 2 of my leaves . Feed it some seaweed fertilizer mixed with miracle grow n water

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: Potheadhobby]
    #817845 - 08/07/16 09:39 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

miracle grow sucks for mj period
If this is happening every time you move your plant, then you should look into ways of helping your plant deal with stress.
Vitamin B1, silica to name a couple.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineDogdancing
Stranger

Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: Stoneth]
    #817888 - 08/08/16 11:14 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the advice guys!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: Potheadhobby] * 1
    #817962 - 08/09/16 10:23 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Potheadhobby said:
You guys are idiots lol, this happens every time you move a plant. For me it did that to 2 of my leaves . Feed it some seaweed fertilizer mixed with miracle grow n water

If this happens to you every time you transplant, you're doing something wrong.

And miracle grow sucks

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#817985 - 08/10/16 12:00 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I would not worry about leaves that are that low down, as long as the top leaves are giving you good green growth they are fine. You may have had some kind of nutrient deficiency before your transplant. In my experience  if I don't transplant quick enough or give them a small amount of grow some of the bottom leaves me turn yellow and fall off but it's not a big deal. Once again I would be more concerned about the leaves at the top

OfflineDogdancing
Stranger

Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: richismalls]
    #818221 - 08/16/16 05:36 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

So the yellowing has gone, but turned into browning in some more of the leaves..I think it was because I haven't been watering it as much as I should.  Its been 100 degrees F here for the past week and high 90s, and I was watering it only once a day or two days.

Any advice?

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#819092 - 09/07/16 04:01 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry been offline for a bit , I would flush the shit out of that plant , looks like there were to many nutrients to begin with by the looks of thing, straight water for a couple weeks should produce nice green shoots, good luck bro.

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineDogdancing
Stranger

Re: Need advice, new grower! [Re: dmtcorey]
    #819398 - 09/18/16 12:57 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice I hadn't been checking it the last few days.  My planets doing good though! :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order