Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #810985 - 04/16/16 04:46 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 26

...and alls well!!!

Those little ladies are taking off man super stoked I have also been seeing these "sock jug" Hydro/Aero grow system that wicks water with an old sock pretty nifty idea I made a couple variations for fun with crap I had around the house I can't start anymore at the moment but I wanna see if they will hold up Im also constructing a mini grow tent so I can start some new seeds or veg some cuttings while my main tent is flowering I was just gonna use my small hydro bucket for that but I may try the sock jug first it would be cool to not have to run another air pump if it works I'll make another grow log with the weird little projects and tweaks

Edited by Baron_Samedi (04/16/16 04:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811009 - 04/16/16 02:43 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 26...still...

Yup so I couldn't wait to try out the sock jug and I did a little test with my soil meter I've been using and it is horribly off its like opposite of what it reads I gotta get a better one i felt bad for spending so much at one time I skimped on the little things that weren't so important  boy was I wrong lesson learned invest in good monitoring equipment it will save so much time...

As for the jug I used an empty candy container and a stray ankle sock I would say not to use any sock with a prominent heel cause it makes the plant sit funny inside the sock toe is cut off and I used a zip tie to lightly hold things together I slipped the roots down the sock and tighten up the tie just enough for the coir mix to stay in place I really just pulled the rooting plug with a hand full of coir took a hand full of pebbles and mixed in the sock then layered more pebbles on top to keep the plant stable I placed the holes by the fan to keep the air moving and I used the same hydro mix I could see how this can work air flow and stagnant water are my biggest concerns I might add more h202 in this mix just because there is no water movement but I'll give it a week before I do anything else

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#811135 - 04/17/16 03:24 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

When you say "soil meter" are you referring to a soil pH meter?
If so, those yellow paper pH strips are soooo much cheaper and more accurate. For measuring soil pH, just catch the first ~5-10 drops of runoff and check it with a pH strip.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #811154 - 04/17/16 05:41 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

actually talking multi function ph, light meter, soil dampness, soil temp things like that but now that I'm transitioning to hydro the point is moot unless there is something that can monitor nutrient contents in the water but Ive never looked for anything like that...

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811212 - 04/18/16 05:33 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 28 (4 weeks)

Well moving in to aggressive growth feeding schedule gradually my agent orange on the top righten the very edge of the leaves are turning up not sure if just more hungry than the others so I'm gonna try foliar feeding for a bit to see what happens and the sock jug is doing worse then the soil so I'm gonna take that out when my new pump and stuff come in tomorrow I was gonna isolate the biggest widow in a separate  bucket but now seeing this agent orange it might be better to isolate that one so I don't risk over feeding the others

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811314 - 04/19/16 10:43 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 29

so I ordered another small pump for a single bucket and my germ/cutting system but it came with a European plug so after some modification I got my sick ass plant in to the bucket today also did some minor trimming now I'm done tweaking the set up now just focusing on feeding and screening when they get bigger I get my multifunction ppm meter tomorrow so I'm stoked to see what's up...
as for that agent orange it seems like a mutation and not a feeding issue any input on that issue would be great

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
    #811320 - 04/19/16 11:35 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

What makes u say mutation??

Looks to me like the problem simply got worse, I don't see mutations

which would tell me that it had too much food. Not too little food

So now u need to do the opposite, spray it with plain water to dilute the nutrients u sprayed onto it..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/19/16 11:39 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Nevar44]
    #811322 - 04/20/16 12:13 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

sound advice I'll try it I only say mutation because it dosent seem to be effecting the growth rate at all and it looks feels and smells healthy I may be seeing what I want to see and I think I saw pics of mutated leaves while I was searching for an albino strain of weed that's not light bleached I don't remember what site it was I followed a long ass link train to get there but I'll look for it again and I never found any albino or variegated striped strain that wasn't burnt or nutes either low or high but I did find a lot of cool leaf mutations weird fingers non serrated etc very cool looking I'll search for it and get back to you

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811425 - 04/21/16 02:54 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 30

meter didn't come yet... but I found where they were taking about upturned leaves and I misread it they said it might be humidity or heat issue so I'm just gonna keep misting it but I did find pics of an albino mutation grown outdoor and it was only one stem but cool as fuck looking I want one so bad lol

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811610 - 04/23/16 10:19 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 33

ok so I decided to throw my plants in to flower today they are pretty little but since the general consensus for indoor is to veg from 2 to 4 weeks I figured I'd give it a try so I'm changing out my bulb and going 12/12 on at midnight but for the first week I'm keeping on veg nutes since I just fed them...

Fresh off their first 12hr dark period 400w HPS 24" away from the tallest plant it runs a little hotter so I'm running my fan at 50% instead or the 20% I was using 

Edited by Baron_Samedi (04/24/16 04:38 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811627 - 04/24/16 09:31 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

In my opinion, it would be best to give plants a lil shot of transition nutes or weak flower nutes... a few days before u switch the lights

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811628 - 04/24/16 09:33 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I see dead leaves sitting around!

That can bring molds and bugs throw that shit away! Lol :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811657 - 04/24/16 08:17 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

sorry mom I learned it from watching you! lol nah  I did I cleaned it out before I put in to flower they are before and after shots and ill try that next time the cycle has started already but the GH nutes has a transition phase table and thats what I did I fed them the night before and the difference is more bloom additive so I just added to match the table that way I don't have to wait a week to change it.
that agent orange just dosent like the heat I've ruled out everything else it's not messing with the growth at all so I'm just gonna run it if it turns out female
I got the urge to start some seed again so I started...
3x Dreamin OG regular
1x Green Crack fem.
2x Afgani regular

I'm gonna do a different grow long for those with all the nifty stuff I picked up on this log...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811667 - 04/25/16 07:38 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You know what, I've got a white widow seedling acting the same way curled up leaves not quite as bad tho..

I'm thinking heat too, was gonna say the same. Seems heat is prob w white widow, so maybe that's prob w AO... I'm not entirely sure but that's the most obvious answer I think bumer strain for HI if that is indeed the case

I've got some purple kens og chemdog and femine in flower atm :smile: picked em up second hand

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/25/16 07:39 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811727 - 04/26/16 02:49 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

yea no matter how much I mist they still won't straighten up on new growth so I'm convinced it's the heat there's no real way to test it my tent is only a few degrees hotter than outside I'll still clone it when they start getting branched out just in case it's bomb I'm gonna check again tonight for the sex of those two plants they still aren't really showing anything not even swelling at the base

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811728 - 04/26/16 05:39 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Day 35

ok so I got the wrong pump this time I got a water pump instead of an air pump so I said fuck it I'll try my hand at making an Aero tub everything was working well until I got my tub in the tent it was running for about a half hr when I noticed a burning smell apparently there was a leak on the back side of the tub and it was trickling water in to the pan my air filter sits on and where I keep the air pumps it soaked one of my air pumps and it wasn't very happy but I fixed it all up and just put a new hole in the main tub for the 7th plant and it's back to the drawing board for the Aero tub I think I'm gonna use a bucket next time or at least a tub with a seal it was awesome sprinkler hitting all 8 pots bottoms but now the sprinkler is too big for a bucket but I can cut and plug it to fit I don't know that will be for the next grow log... so now for today I took a top cutting from my best white widow no sex on the Agent Orange or the Dreamin OG  so just cleaned em up to get those branches going

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #811729 - 04/26/16 05:47 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

the very first time I filled up my ebb/flow set up before putting in any plants I accidently knocked over the top tray where the plants go and ended up dumping about 15 gallons of water out, took me hours to clean up. I've never done DWC but it doesn't seem too difficult, I don't know what the inside of that tub looks like but maybe you just need to switch out the water pump for a couple of air stones.

You can buy a pump that lets you use 2 air stones at a time. They sell them at pet stores that also carry fish stuff. Another thing to look into is a drip set up since you have so many pots, you just need a way for them to all drain to the same place where the water will be sucked back up and to stake the emitters well so the water goes where it its suppose to.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #811731 - 04/26/16 06:17 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

that's how my main tub is just holes and air stones in water I don't know the terminologies we just called it hydro back in the day what I was trying to build wasn't DWC it was called aeroponics about basically just a sprinkler that hit the roots with water so more air to the roots than just bubbles my downfall was the lid didn't seal so it dripped of the edges I've seen plants grow fast as hell like that I've been trying to order cheap pumps on line but keep getting weird shit air pumps are exspensive as hell here I need a more powerful one for my main tank I want that shit to bubble hard thenough pump I got here rated for 10gal was the smallest they had and it was $40 both the pumps I ordered online combined was less than that but one had a European plug that isn't very powerful with the new plug but will work perfectly for another project and the other is a pretty powerful water pump just my bad luck I'm just glad I didn't ruin anything lol

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #811735 - 04/26/16 06:20 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

aeroponics sprays water frequently onto roots that are just hanging in the air, not over water. DWC Deep water culture is when the roots are hanging over water and an air stone is splashing water on the roots, eventually the roots grow into the water. Both methods are hydro, just like the way I grow (ebb and flow)

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #811736 - 04/26/16 07:29 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

yup then it's aeroponics what I'm building with the water pump and my system has my net pots almost always fully submerged and an air stone in the tub what is that called? my buddies used to grow like this in the late 90's they always tried to get me to switch to "hydro" but I was lucky to learn from an old skool grower who taught me to use food waste for mulch to amend soil so my tech knowledge in respect to growing is nill but the old skool way took longer to grow and prepare and there is no way to use it indoors cause it reeks but it always produced awesome bud this is why I've been stumbling over myself cause it feels like everything is new and I have to break old habits but I think I'm getting the hang of it once I learn all these newfangled additives and growing methods I'll dial in my preference and maybe break down the old skool recipes in to nutrient mixes

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies