Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

Do I need To water seeds after planting?
    #809686 - 04/05/16 10:21 AM (8 months, 1 day ago)

I sprouted some seeds in a paper towel, and planted them about a 1/4th inch in the dirt. I poured a bit of water over the area and haven't watered anymore in 24 hours

Do i need to water the seeds daily or what? I imagine they'll pop up in another couple of days

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do I need To water seeds after planting? [Re: RanOutOfWeed2]
    #809693 - 04/05/16 01:05 PM (8 months, 1 day ago)

you need to make sure its not going to die from thirst, but otherwise don't water it daily. Wait until it establishes roots before feeding it. Best way to do that is to pick the pot up and feel the weight. Most newbies over water and mess things up.

I have clones in Solo cups full of coco coir and don't water them but once a week. Sometimes less.

--------------------
Authorized Medical Marijuana patient. Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws.

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden
Latest Grow Log - Grapegod under LED

Try adding a tablespoon of cooking oil to your bong water to keep it clean. The oil soluble resin stays off the glass.

“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

Re: Do I need To water seeds after planting? [Re: phychotron]
    #809756 - 04/05/16 10:26 PM (8 months, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
you need to make sure its not going to die from thirst, but otherwise don't water it daily. Wait until it establishes roots before feeding it. Best way to do that is to pick the pot up and feel the weight. Most newbies over water and mess things up.

I have clones in Solo cups full of coco coir and don't water them but once a week. Sometimes less.

I was literally asking about the seeds, which i have in cups and am waiting for them to sprout. Do i need to water the seeds that have not yet popped up or what?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#809761 - 04/05/16 11:26 PM (8 months, 17 hours ago)

Well you should have watered it as soon as you put it in dirt so the soil settles around the root. if you watered good shouldnt need water till cup feels lighter:stayfunky:

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do I need To water seeds after planting? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #809772 - 04/06/16 02:37 AM (8 months, 14 hours ago)

The soil needs to start wet so the plant can grow, it needs to stay wet so that it doesn't die, it needs to mostly dry out between watering but not fully or the plant will die. Over watering leads to stalled growth, as the roots need air as well, not just submerged in water.

You said you sprouted in paper towel, planted and watered.... sounds about right, just don't water them too often. How long ago did you plant them?

--------------------
Authorized Medical Marijuana patient. Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws.

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden

Try adding a tablespoon of cooking oil to your bong water to keep it clean. The oil soluble resin stays off the glass.

“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

#809802 - 04/06/16 12:31 PM (8 months, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
The soil needs to start wet so the plant can grow, it needs to stay wet so that it doesn't die, it needs to mostly dry out between watering but not fully or the plant will die. Over watering leads to stalled growth, as the roots need air as well, not just submerged in water.

You said you sprouted in paper towel, planted and watered.... sounds about right, just don't water them too often. How long ago did you plant them?

Sunday Afternoon. I just got my first sprout and it looks very healthy. Shell still on. I imagine the others will pop soon

An autoflower called Grass-o-matic haze which is a cross of lowryder 2 and SS haze.

Thanks for yalls helps!

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

#809810 - 04/06/16 01:19 PM (8 months, 3 hours ago)

The other seeds may have died. Dug one up and it literally did nothing, looked the same as it did 3 days ago with the cracked shell and tiny sprout, and the other seems the same

Hope I don't end up with just one out of 3.

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Trusted Cultivator
    #809850 - 04/06/16 03:49 PM (8 months, 1 hour ago)

it happens. Maybe you put it in too deep or didn't water it enough so that the soil dried out the tap root.

--------------------

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

#809854 - 04/06/16 03:56 PM (8 months, 53 minutes ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
it happens. Maybe you put it in too deep or didn't water it enough so that the soil dried out the tap root.

Could be. they may end up popping in another week. If not i'll plant something else in there

Was looking forward to getting at least 2 of them going. Ugh

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
    #809857 - 04/06/16 04:36 PM (8 months, 13 minutes ago)

Wait, you dug up a seed to observe it? Wouldnt that affect or damage it in any way?

--------------------
High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES
and CULTURES  for microscopy at

Mushrooms.com

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

Re: Do I need To water seeds after planting? [Re: Chakanooga]
    #809864 - 04/06/16 06:39 PM (7 months, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
Wait, you dug up a seed to observe it? Wouldnt that affect or damage it in any way?

No, i moved the tiny amount of dirt over the top of it and saw that it had done nothing in 3 or 4 days, whereas its sister had popped. I planted it a bit deeper and watered, so time will tell. I'll give it 2 weeks and then call it a dud

It could very well be user error. I'm not that patient, but it still looked healthy despite no growth

Edited by RanOutOfWeed2 (04/06/16 06:40 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation