Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Nevar44]
    #808513 - 03/22/16 08:43 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

U guys must not know much, or haven't read much about mushroom and plant metabolites

Did u know.... 70 percent of pharmaceuticals are derived from fungi. Often derived from the metabolites from mushrooms. The metabolites are rich in medicinal compounds.

Thc and terpenes are PLANT metabolites

Yeah, u wouldn't wanna contantly stress ur plant. That might make it herm yep....

Buuuuuut, I'm wiling to bet, if done PROPERLY...

( which most people do not have the capability of doing cause they don't knoe how to grow well enough and don't know how to watch their plants well enough...)

U would be only causing minimal stress, just a hair. And not constantly.

If ur not on the same page just don't comment lol all u nay sayers are wasting ur breath. Keep not believing...
I'll keep believing and reaching for the starts and posting pics. Gimme five years we will see what I'm talking about then.

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Nevar44]
    #808514 - 03/22/16 08:45 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

U guys are backing up inverted, when he says a dry spell is how he would choose to stress the plant. Lmao....

For one, it's irrelevant cause inverted CLEARLY doesn't understand what I'm talking about.

U guys backing him up, obviously do not understand either.

Yeaj, I'm fully aware how hydro systems work bro. Dwc, ebba and flow and I could build my own hydro system in a snap. Yeah, the roots get air in an ebb and flow system.

I still think it's be dumb as hell to intentionally let ur plants dry out to ANY certain degree past the point of letting them dry up for some air like EVERYONE does and knows already...

I can't see how letting the soil dry up.. would cause beneficial stress. Almost an oxymoron ya ya..

My point is, there are many better suited ways to induce stress, if u r gonna choose to do so. Many Farr better ways than thay.. that's my point here

U guys are missing the point and backing up someone who had MISSED the point

All very irritating and all is clogging my thread w non pertinent info. Bs.

If u have no understanding of mushroom metabolites, where metabolites come from, and how medicinal compounds ARE derived from them... u are clueless to what I'm saying I'd guess. U need to know about that to even begin to comprehend my topic at hand. Otherwise it'll just seem to u like I'm thinking into it too much lmao...

Edited by Nevar44 (03/22/16 09:00 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808515 - 03/22/16 09:00 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

If u want to understand what I'm talking about, I would kindly suggest anyone who does... look into plant and mushroom metabolites their functions they serve, how they are used in medicine.., dig deep it's good stuff

I will be harvesting my own large amounts of mushroom metabolites in the future. From different species.

U could literally create custom medications w the metabolites.

If the doctors can't cure u... I would start own research w mushroom metabolites..

Go get the book, "organic mushroom farming and mycoremediation" by tradd cotter

The bike describes how to harvest mushroom metabolites. Very cool shit...

I won't blab about it on here I could for awhile tho

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808516 - 03/22/16 09:10 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

"Like most pharmacologically-active secondary metabolites of plants, THC in Cannabis is assumed to be involved in self-defense, perhaps against herbivores.[11] THC also possesses high UV-B (280–315 nm) absorption properties, which, it has been speculated, could protect the plant from harmful UV radiation exposure."

Wikipedia quote ^^^^

U see, it's metabolite. It serves as part of the immune system.

Just like our puss does when we get hurt. Just like mushrooms exude metabolites when they encounter foreign matter.

Now wouldn't it be a simple thought, to think... well if we trigger the plants immune system In VERY subtle ways.. NOT enough to stress the plant badly. And not constantly...

Just a HAIR.. a CONTROLLED amount... this would be VERY hard to do and require an EMENSE amount of skill w growing and w the specific plant grown at that time...

Wouldn't it make sense that in theory, that might increase the metabolites production? Seeing how's the metabolites are produced as a defense à part of the immune system of the plant...

Makes so much sense to me that I'm sorry no one could talk me out of believing it's possible.

Have I done this ever?? Hell no. I a new grower, I have no idea how to. I can't grow well enough yet.

Bet ur ass that my goal tho.

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/22/16 09:11 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808517 - 03/22/16 09:17 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Inverted ur right, I tool what u originally said about letting them dry up out of context.

I know what u meant.. u meant u don't find any form of stress beneficial basically.. except the natural wet to dry cycle of soil lost do already..

I took it out of context, cause I though u meant it in a diff way

This while convo is just burning rubber... no point in it unless people have something constructive to say

I disagree , but cannot speak from experience. I imagine other forms of stress could be of benefit it done properly and as long as u don't over stress the plant..

It will take me years, and a hydro setup to even begin to experiment along these lines.

I can promise u I will tho in my life cause it makes soo much sense to me seems worth the almost unimaginable headache of figuring it out lol

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808518 - 03/22/16 09:46 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwj-9_i_0NTLAhVG1GMKHUpyDTcQFggqMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpmc%2Farticles%2FPMC3329344%2F&usg=AFQjCNH2NcWFmEgql64mHp5AvDHu-SH-UA&sig2=kuaLTEwh655lKMYeSdHzjA

Download the pdf.

It's been proven.

Not just Mr Harley from npk industries knows about plant metabolites being increased by SALT stresses apparently just like he said

Google it. There seem to be MANY MANY articles to back up what I've said.

It's not bs. And mag, u need to start beliveing in Santa apparently lol :wink:

If this link doesn't cut it for you guys... I can post plenty more links that u don't have to download the pdf to read. MANY more articles where that came from...

I think we should all be trying to grow this well guys... :smile: :thumbup::getstoned:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808519 - 03/22/16 09:55 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

http://m.jxb.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/01/30/jxb.err460.full

I dunno about u guys but reading some of this shit I'm getting my rocks off. Man good stuff yum yum

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/22/16 09:59 AM)

OfflineGrit
    #808520 - 03/22/16 10:07 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Hey brother, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to you or anything, just trying to help you out. :cool:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Grit]
    #808524 - 03/22/16 10:31 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

I'm an ass hole grit

I lost my cool My bad

This calls for some week four pics :blazed:

My apologies to anyone I've offended in the process of trying to get my point across. That was uncalled for

I really like the Harley videos. There's one he talking about basic shit.. light ect...

But if u can listen through the boring common knowledge lol.. he says in Switzerland I think somewhere over there..

For one, they r much more advanced in plant growing. They surpass our best yeilds by far he says

He says they use a far red light spectrum.. to put the plants to sleep.. puts em to sleep in like 15-30 min...

Where as when they don't get a shot of far red light.. at the end of the day period... it takes the plants 1-2 hrs to go to sleep.

It confuses them basically. See, in nature when the sun sets.. it gives off far red light if u will..

Indoors they never see that far red.. so the lights go off.. they see no far red.. they sit wondwring if they will get more light for 1-2 hrs then finally say fuck it no more light and go to sleep..

If they get a shot of far red light for 15 min ish he said, they go to sleep in 15-30 min very fast..

This allows them to u guessed it.... turn the lights on sooner. How strange to think aye

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/22/16 10:32 AM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #808536 - 03/22/16 06:47 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Holy fuck, chill out dude... I'm glad you're passionate but you clearly misinterpreted what I meant. You're the man, clearly I didn't do my research.  With that I'll take off peacefully.

:randy:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Inverted]
    #808541 - 03/22/16 07:46 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Your comment was out of place, and not fitting in the thread what so ever. Had u read and understood by commenting ud have known that.

No wonder it was misinterpreted... funny how that happens...

:peace:

Week four...

Next month, full moon, she comes down. That's how I'm going about it :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/22/16 09:09 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #808547 - 03/22/16 08:27 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Grit, you telling the truth man!

And here are some pics of my cloner I told you about they got roots now! Water only and air!

Looking good :thumbup: loving it ty

I'm jealous I don't have room for a cloner... barely have room to veg lol.. ima get a veg box that'll allow me to veg in my room conveniently then I'll have room :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/22/16 08:30 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#808637 - 03/23/16 06:09 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:
Inverted ur right, I tool what u originally said about letting them dry up out of context.

I know what u meant.. u meant u don't find any form of stress beneficial basically.. except the natural wet to dry cycle of soil lost do already..

I took it out of context, cause I though u meant it in a diff way

This while convo is just burning rubber... no point in it unless people have something constructive to say

I disagree , but cannot speak from experience. I imagine other forms of stress could be of benefit it done properly and as long as u don't over stress the plant..

It will take me years, and a hydro setup to even begin to experiment along these lines.

I can promise u I will tho in my life cause it makes soo much sense to me seems worth the almost unimaginable headache of figuring it out lol

I'm sorry man, I never saw this post. Yeah I don't do stress. Maybe just transplants and training. Anyways, you're looking good. Keep the updates coming.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Inverted]
    #808640 - 03/23/16 06:29 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Well, if u guys remember a few weeks back... I was having a slight curling problem..

Which I thought was over fert or over watering

So I cut back on the waterings.. lost my two bottoms leaves cause she started getting hair dried up by morning again... sigh...

Soooo, this tells me I was NOT over watering...

I lost two very bottom leaves and now the rest of the bottom leaves are begging to turn light green. Definitely from under watering the pot has been super light in the morn...

So I'm gonna start giving it more water like I was before.. I expect the bottom to ceise from fading in color any more from this action

My next plan, I'm gonna try reducing the K amounts...?

With curling like this.... what would u reduce first..? K, N, or P??

I'm thinkin maybe too much K, is leading to lock out of another element..??

Edited by Nevar44 (03/23/16 08:25 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#808646 - 03/23/16 08:24 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

How about, what size pots, lots of oxygen friendly drainage material in the medium? Fans? Temp? Humidity? Not grilling you but they are all pretty major factors. I tend to put a ton of perlite in my soil and in combination with fans, and living in "southern Canada" which is only humid for a few months, my tomatoes and peppers and others dry up the soil in 48 hours max. It would be different if I had one gallon containers for the guys but with so many, I only have them in 3 by 3 by 4 inch pots til I can find foster parents. You may have stated your specs before but I've had a long week and am lazy.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#808647 - 03/23/16 08:28 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

It looks like the start of clawing, which I never really nailed down. It seemed to happen about the same time as you. Stress can do it too. Those curling leaves will never recover but if you have reduced the stress, any new growth will indicate a stable environment or not, but I wouldn't panic. My product came out just fine...    :fonz:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#808660 - 03/24/16 04:51 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

If your bottom leafs are turning yellow, It would be telling me its lacking Nitrogen . Not because of watering or not watering.

just sayin:stayfunky:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #808666 - 03/24/16 09:12 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

I'm pretty sure the bottoms are yellowing from under watering bro...

It's obvious actually, no question about that... it was definitely wayyy wayy to dry coke morning... I watch very close and only have one plant ya know

It's over fert, not under...

If u read my explanation.... I just got done flushing... the leaves uncured during the flush... perked back up...

So...... I fed, and the leaves curled sightly again...

Btw, during the flush, the leaves were not yellowing.. only cause it got dried out... it's yelowing along w a bit of the leaves in tiny spots getting dried out.

I KNOW that's from under watering bro no doubts about it what so ever

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808668 - 03/24/16 09:17 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

On top of that, I already tested that theory...

It's Def not lack of N

Cause during the flush, I gave it SOME food but not much. And I cut the N in half at least..

So it was deprived of N during the flush and the problem git better

Then when I fed, I gave it reg strength N.... and giving it reg strength N.. DID NOT have any positive effect

I'm sure the yellowing is from drying up from lack of water

I'm unsure why it's curling
I'm gonna reduce K levels try that I think

The only reason I mentioned the leaves yellowing... was to emphasize that my problem is NOT from over watering as previously thought in the thread. I'm not concerned about the yellow leaves :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/24/16 11:42 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808671 - 03/24/16 11:32 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
It looks like the start of clawing, which I never really nailed down. It seemed to happen about the same time as you. Stress can do it too. Those curling leaves will never recover but if you have reduced the stress, any new growth will indicate a stable environment or not, but I wouldn't panic. My product came out just fine...    :fonz:

The curling leaves DID recover already as previously stated bro...

I flushed for four days max, w barely any nutes in the water.. the clawing went away

Ive def considered stress, but it seems to be from feeding.

I'm not stressing the plants at all intentionally, but it is somewhat root bound shouldn't be a prob tho it's in a five gal pot..

It's Def from over feeding in my mind, the curling went away when I cut wayyy back on all the nutes

I'm not too concerned at all cause it a minor prob, causing minor stress NOT burning or anything ..

But I wanna nail it down, so I can control it and learn

Yes, hella fans, two small desk clip fans, an air cooled hood. And another fan attached to the carbon filter. So two 6" fans pushing air along w passive air exchange. Two desk fans moving the air under the light. The flowers are NOT too close to the light. Too Farr away if anything most of em.. humidity is 30-50 percent ish never lower..

The environment has been the same, the only thing that changes the clawing is the amount of nutr being given to plant. With what I've done so far this is obvious to me...

At first if u guys remember, I thought it was over watering or over doing the N... it's Def neither of these two things..

The environment hasn't changed so it's not that I don't think. Temps have been 77-82 degrees . The plants get co2 from my mushroom greenhouse so that High temp should be fine for em

Edited by Nevar44 (03/24/16 11:41 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals