Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
How do you hide your plants?
    #808096 - 03/16/16 02:30 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Im only finding what happends if you dont hide your plants in the search so im wondering how do you guys never get caught growing or any tips to decieve cops or lessen attention?

I also seen a post of someone asking if cops can see infrared from helicopters.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Chakanooga] * 1
    #808112 - 03/16/16 05:14 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

You can avoid detection by growing with LEDs/air cooled hood. And also by using a carbon filter.  But you must be using a few 1000 watters to put a lot of heat to be noticed.

And yes from what I have read/heard cops can see  your infrared signal.

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #808114 - 03/16/16 05:27 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Wicked freaky.
So theres some kinda roundabout for everything.

I have much to learn...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #808126 - 03/16/16 07:02 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Cop came to my house for another reason, eventually got on the subject that he could smell my plants and noticed my ventilation equipment. I switched to Ozone and blacked out the window and sealed it so I could exhaust directly out without being noticeable. Had to use an alternate input to avoid suspicion. The cop complained to the office when I wouldn't tell him how many plants I had, they tried to give me a notice to stop or move so I called the apartment management firm and the guy who just signs the authorization was like "hmm, i don't understand, isn't that legal?" and dropped the notice.

Ozone for the win

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: phychotron]
    #808127 - 03/16/16 07:08 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

That was pretty clever, still had to be a stressful situation tho.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Chakanooga]
    #808237 - 03/18/16 07:21 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

that does not sound fun I'm newly legal and I'm really afraid of out growing my limit I know how I am with plants I always go overboard

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

OfflineMof
Male

Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Baron_Samedi] * 1
    #808257 - 03/18/16 09:56 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

for me I have one outlet with a 180watt led/infrared light powering then the socket below is a 100w light bulb and flat screen t.v.

then i have my computer in the wall outlet and another outlet the air conditioning and sound system. I use head phones so that's probably 280watts for the computer..

I think if you have under 500watt's in a room then you're straight, as long as the circuit breaker doesn't go on and off and the outlets in a room arent sharing power with other outlets in the house then you're fine
my hall outlet was linked up to the bathroom and the electrician thought it was a grow house for a second, because turning something on and off constantly uses a ton of electricty rather then just leaving it on
smell isn't bad, not bad enough for me to use an ozone generator, most air cleaners are bullshit because you can just put a fan in the window and LED's dont get that hot, but like if it was a room I would have CO2 filters and tubing everywhere leading to the middle of the house to ventilate

OfflineMof
Male

Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Mof]
    #808258 - 03/18/16 09:58 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

oh yea don't tell anyone not even close friends

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

#808261 - 03/18/16 10:29 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

See I wouldnt of guessed how many watts im using or what watts makes the breaker go off, I probably got a lot going on cuz I got a cpu, mini fridge, and a space heater going off.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#808406 - 03/21/16 05:04 AM (8 years, 9 days ago)

I heard from a TV show that I trusted as a legit source at the time, that US helicopters need a warrant to use infrared now(as of sometime in the last 7 or so years), which may change state to state, but I mean they still have it and if I had infrared on my helicopter I would use it all the time. If the cops are using it illegally they would just find another way to bust you and exclude the infrared evidence.

I feel like underground with a completely hidden entrance is the best way to hide, though probably the hardest/most expensive

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Midgetpawn] * 1
    #808437 - 03/21/16 01:58 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Cops cant use any technology that is not common to the public. Until everyone uses drones or FLIR on their camera they cannot use the technology (to prosecute).. nothing says the bastards cant use them to spark the investigation then use some bullshit excuse and pretend they never used it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

#808441 - 03/21/16 03:35 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah most likely they will abuse power and use anything means necessary to cause a lead, then try and find any legal evidence to use in court.

OfflineMof
Male

Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Chakanooga]
    #808449 - 03/21/16 04:45 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

They can notify the electric company or vice versa..

An electrician can come over put a voltometer in your electric socket and know everything you've been doing for the past 24 hours or so

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #808451 - 03/21/16 05:11 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Mof said:
They can notify the electric company or vice versa..

An electrician can come over put a voltometer in your electric socket and know everything you've been doing for the past 24 hours or so

I don't know where you heard that but I have a electrical license cause I did HVAC work and could you please tell me what kind of volt meter can give that kind of information. A volt meter can only read the power being used by the house at that moment. The power company can figure it out if they keep track of the meter on the side of the house by checking it every day otherwise they can only know how much power you've used between times they have checked it.

Quote:

I heard from a TV show that I trusted as a legit source at the time, that US helicopters need a warrant to use infrared now(as of sometime in the last 7 or so years), which may change state to state, but I mean they still have it and if I had infrared on my helicopter I would use it all the time. If the cops are using it illegally they would just find another way to bust you and exclude the infrared evidence.

Just so you guys know most of the grow tents out now have infrared blocking built into them.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Magash]
    #808526 - 03/22/16 12:39 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Infra Red gets you busted by the exhaust ports, especially in the winter when you have a full heat exhaust coming from a room.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #808528 - 03/22/16 12:59 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Anyone remember this?

:burke:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #808733 - 03/25/16 04:27 AM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Infra Red gets you busted by the exhaust ports, especially in the winter when you have a full heat exhaust coming from a room.

This is actually one of my main concerns when concealing my grows. If the grow space is small, and flow requirements aren't too high, it may be possible to tee into either a dryer vent line or a bathroom exhaust line. That way the plume of heated air spewing from your home is at least coming out of places it that it should be coming out, and if it's dryer vent, then apparent use of the dryer 24/7 would somewhat line up with the slight increase in power consumption from your small grow, since dryers typically use a decent amount of power when running.

For large grows, who knows :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: Data]
    #808747 - 03/25/16 01:24 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

A lot of people vent into a basement or the attic. If the humidity isn't that bad then you could vent into your house directly.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you hide your plants? [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #808751 - 03/25/16 02:45 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

I've read where people do that and that's there main heat source for their home.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom