Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Grow Ace Kit Advice Please
    #807846 - 03/12/16 07:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I know its never a good idea to buy premade kits but this one seems decent and much cheaper than if i pieced it out I live in HI so shipping is a HUGE deal... http://growace.com/grow-packages/yield-lab-400w-hobbyist-series-grow-package.html

Any help with this would be much appreciated!
My needs are pretty simple for my grow op just 2 mature plants at a time and a few lil guys to take their place running year round doing soil my main concern is odor control and staying in my plant limits 3 mature at most...

Anytime im new to something i always over spend at first and end up kicking myself in the dick in a month realizing i could have made better choices or just plain built it myself im pretty handy so any advice in that direction will help me loads too i only have room for a 2x4 or 3x3 tent

Mahalo for reading!

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Edited by Baron_Samedi (03/15/16 04:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: Grow Ace Kit Advice Please [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #807863 - 03/13/16 12:54 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

In my experience, tents are bad ass and u can't beat them for the price. I'm new to this field for the most part tho

A tent will enclose the heat. If ur running hid in a tent u will need an air cool hood most likely and fan to go w it of course.

A tent also keeps all ur lumens in the space u want. So your lumens per square foot is high enough.. u want 50w/Sq ft

I've got a 4x4 tent, with a 1000w burning in there.. it's running about 77-82 degrees with a 6" fan cooling the bulb through an ac(air cooled) reflector. This give me 625 watts per square foot :smile: it's a little hotter than I'd like. But I have co2 and humidity going in the tent from my Martha style oyster gh. Just filter the air coming from the gh to the tent

I didn't check out the link yet I will soon. I've been told don't buy knock off stuff but hey. I like getting used stuff and cleaning it well... WELL..

Anyways I'll be  glad to help in anyways I can glad to see u around hope to see a log soon lol :smile:

Living in HI, do u plan on running air conditioning to cool? Or does it house have ac?

Hey your link, doesn't work btw.  U should be able to copy paste the url bar, then paste it here and it'll automatically form a link.. I'm assuming u know this and maybe had issues w getting that specific link up?

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/13/16 09:47 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Grow Ace Kit Advice Please [Re: Nevar44]
    #808011 - 03/15/16 04:15 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

hey thanks for the reply i fixed the link it was too close to my dots...
well from what i have been told growace is a pretty decent company with great customer service so i will be talking with them directly before i buy i have been trying to put together a set up with the help of shroomery peeps and trying to contact vedors here but to no avail i dont want to buy a bunch of crap and realize i need entirely different things i dont think it will be great out of the box but more like a solid base to grow from... i intend to get the aircooled hood i dont have ac my house is nice and breezy im planning on getting the 2x4x5 tent which is perfect size for my needs everything in the kit looks decent with a couple reviews check out the link and tell me what you think

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

OfflineGrit
    #808017 - 03/15/16 06:24 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

That kit has everything right down to a pair of scissors even, hell yeah. Nice find. I didn't see an option to upgrade the bulbs, but if you can afford it, I personally would asap. I'm a fan of Hortilux bulbs.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Grow Ace Kit Advice Please [Re: Grit]
    #808025 - 03/15/16 08:41 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How hot is your house baron?

I imagine HI being pretty hot. If u r not running your hid lights in a basement to help keep cool...

Then in the summer it's gonna get hella hot maybe too hot. Air conditioning may ne needed

Wtf I manually entered that url didn't work.. NOWWWW it does.... lol

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808026 - 03/15/16 08:46 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so, my tent is 4x4. Got it for $100 online free shipping. I know ur in hi...

Then the wing reflector is NOT good for a tent. Can ONLY be used for high ceiling environments...

The fan and carbon filter... got one used that came from a grow package someone bought online for $60 just kept my eyes open. 6" fan w two foot carbon filter for $60.

Co2 nutes and bulb... well ur call... I realize shipping the issue..

The ballast isn't worth much either, maybe $60-100 is how much it's cost separately..

The timer, bags, scissors, ducting and duct clamps all about $100...

In my eyes u have maybe $400 dollars worth of stuff there. How much is shipping gonna be on top of the $500?? Knock off ballast I've been told to steer clear from and fans but it's not like they don't work.

If shipping really janks u that hard seems like maybe a decent option.

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/15/16 12:23 PM)

OfflineGrit
    #808029 - 03/15/16 09:09 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You don't put a 750w bulb with a 1000w ballast ever. That's dangerous.  Always match your bulb with the ballast.  Even if your dimming it down.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Grow Ace Kit Advice Please [Re: Grit]
    #808030 - 03/15/16 09:14 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Grit said:
You don't put a 750w bulb with a 1000w ballast ever. That's dangerous.  Always match your bulb with the ballast.  Even if your dimming it down.

Lmao... that EXACTLY why I said... Thays what I was told... I don't trust that guy and was questioning his input lmao...

Last time I'll repeat anything w out verifying it. Last time I listen to that shmuck too lol. I say that for other reasons super lame sauce

Good input grit

NEWB HERE! :facepalm3: lol  deleting the bad info so no one gets mislead

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/15/16 12:22 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#808050 - 03/15/16 07:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for chiming in grit all points of view appreciated my house is around 70f most of the year summer it can get to the 90s basements aren't very common here there are tons of peeps that grow here indoors no ac maybe they just don't grow in August?

I don't think I understand what you mean by 1000w ballast and 750w bulb I feel like I'm missing something  I know not to put bulbs in higher wattage than their rated but the kit is 400w with 400w bulbs in a 2x4x5 tent with fans and shit shouldn't be too hot right?

with the cool tube it's like $750 shipped
with the wing reflector $650 shipped
separately I would pay a shit ton more shipping just as a point of reference for me to buy just an in line carbon filter minimum shipping is around $80 but strangely I can get a tent shipped here free but it will take about a month or so to get here...
sometimes it blows living on this rock

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808052 - 03/15/16 09:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ignore the 750w 1000w bulb talk

It was in reference to me stating false info..

I said I was told not to run a 1000w bulb on 750w.. it stresses it.. I was told if u wanna dim ur 1000w ballast to 750w get a 750 bulb...

This is false..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#808055 - 03/15/16 09:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

ahhh right on bud ok so im a dumb ass i have been searching the net high and low and coming up with jack shit then i accidently tap my amazon button and it popped open thats what it took to realize i didnt check amazon! it didnt show up on any of my searches before  but they have the best shipping program to the islands so i just slapped together a random package just to see a base price and im at like $400 shipped so now the tough questions in my situation with heat should I look in to doing cfls or led instead of the has and mh? I know it's a touchy subject and everyone's got there hang ups I'm so new to this realm I don't know which direction to go now that I have a choice...
I really like the idea of cfls and led and would love to do like a mix of both any idea of trusted brands that aren't retardedly expensive like kessil...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808058 - 03/15/16 09:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lmao ive soo done just that ignored amazon or ebay unintentionally lol and they were my answer..

All led that anyone's recommending are super steep... $1500 for a 1000w equivalent

If u say ur house doesn't get hotter than 70 hid should be fine except in the hotter months ur plants might suffer and yeilds I think?

Little investment in an air conditioning unit for that room ur tent is in would cure ur prob come that time of year

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#808063 - 03/15/16 10:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i wish ac was a little investment sadly its not here these houses are made to be breezy and work with eachother we have zero insulation we strive for the opposite to get as much air as possible to pass through your house lol so that is just not gonna work its all areas or none and everything from gas to milk is more exspensive here... that is the main reason i like to grow shit outside but i no longer have a place to do that...
yea I am reading hundreds of reviews on every thing an the task is pretty daunting I think I need a nap my brain hurts lol

you know what's funny though there are a ton of growace stuff on amazon that are cheaper for me and my shipping needs but the customer service at growace are clueless there service is no where as good as the reviews led me to believe I'm actually really happy I won't be ordering from them I forsee issues and angry phone calls...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808068 - 03/15/16 11:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lol Maybe a swamp cooler jk jk

Ya know, a 400 might be doable not familiar w how hot one 400 would run in a tent like that..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom