Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSynapse Trap
+Universe Beholder+
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado Flag
MMJ Industry is loudest lobbyists AGAINST cannabis legalization
    #680342 - 08/04/13 12:58 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I know this is my first post on here but I've been a long time shroomery member.

But several things have begun to piss me off lately. And yes I'm on pinterest, what of it..lol

I find it's a good artistic outlet for me to get my point across. See if you agree with me, I'm tired of the MMJ industry crying like they are martyrs, when they begged us for votes, and then afterwards gave us the finger, and are now trying to keep cannabis illegal. <-link (and there are many more where that came from)

So without further ado..

--------------------
"Johnny's in the basement mixin' up the medicine..
I'm on the pavement thinkin' 'bout the government.." -Dylan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNova

Re: MMJ Industry is loudest lobbyists AGAINST cannabis legalization [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #691028 - 10/29/13 01:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

money and power corrupts. The MMJ clinics already rigged the new recreational laws so that they are the only places allowed to sell the recreational MJ for at least a year, possibly longer.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: MMJ Industry is loudest lobbyists AGAINST cannabis legalization [Re: Nova]
    #691097 - 10/30/13 08:19 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a little piece of that article you posted.
------------------------------------------------
This spring, the Medical Marijuana Caregivers of Maine joined the usual coalition of anti-pot forces that includes active law-enforcement groups, social conservatives and public health advocates to oppose a state bill that would legalize possession of small quantities of the drug. The medical marijuana lobby argued that criminal organizations would start smuggling pot to neighboring states, and they complained that the bill’s tax plan was unworkable and unfair.

“The main objections came from the fact that the bill was not built around Maine’s medical marijuana industry,” Paul McCarrier, a lobbyist for the medical marijuana caregivers group, told POLITICO. “Philosophically, we’re not opposed to the decriminalization of marijuana, but the devil is in the details.”
------------------------------------------------------------------

As a patient, caregiver and member of the medical marijuana caregivers of maine.....I'd like to fill you in on why this bill was kicked out back in june.

just to back track a bit here....

When maine voted in dispensaries back in '09 the state only allowed for 8 licensed dispensaries to be in operation. When the state began accepting applications from people who wanted to open dispensaries.... Berkley Patients Group (based out of California) flew people out to maine and paid a total of 1 million dollars to state legislatures to get 4 out of the 8 licenses to operate dispensaries

Lets fast forward 4yrs. Now we're talking legalization. Which is GREAT! But oh....fuck. Guess what. No surprise here. Berkely Patients Group now known as the "wellness connection of maine" has again paid state officials and heavily influenced the bill in their favor.

If that bill would have passed it would have allowed Berkely Patients Group to completely monopolize the marijuana industry out here. I'm all for legalization, but i want the money made from this to benefit the local economy....the mom and pop shops. Not out of state interests.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: MMJ Industry is loudest lobbyists AGAINST cannabis legalization [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #691108 - 10/30/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I know lots of non-medical growers/dealers who oppose it because wtf are they going to do when it's legal? They'd have to get jobs. Not that I feel sorry for them, just saying.

That being said, I have my own reasons for opposing some of the bills they come up with. Fuck regulation, cannabis should be completely legal and unregulated. I will say that again and again. I don't want to see cannabis go corporate, which it is already doing even before it's legal.

Offlinerekcor3
Stranger
    #783730 - 06/29/15 04:31 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

This is why MMJ patients don't want recreational legalization.

Due to the recent legalization and taxation of recreational marijuana use in Washington State, the states lawmakers decided to create new laws and restrictions against medical MMJ patients in the name of "the patient protection act"

Read all about it here

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/Senate/5052-S2.SL.pdf
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5052

Help Support Lawsuits Fighting for Injunction Against SB-5052 Signed by Gov. Inslee, a law that has proven harmful to the MMJ patients it should be helping, in Washington State.

OfflineIlovemarijuana
Stranger

#807657 - 03/10/16 02:53 PM (8 years, 20 days ago)

I know this is an old thread, but this is exactly what I was afraid of with marijuana legalization. The corporations are going to take the plant and completely fuck it up and fuck up the entire industry like what Phillip Morris did with tobacco. As a medical patient, I do NOT want my medicine monopolized by the fucking corporations. The corporations do NOT have anyone's best interest, the only interest they have is THE FUCKING DOLLAR!! Fuck legalization! I'm all for medical use and recreational use, but as soon as it becomes legal, corporate assholes are going to ruin it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom