Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Nevar44]
    #806559 - 02/23/16 12:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Water weight..

This thing is wayyy too big for my tent. It's most likely a blue dream (:mad2: never will I grow BD again.) So I'm expecting it to double if not triple in size. This BD pheno has had some work done to it.. I despise BD tho lol..

So I'm gonna try and make her grow horizontal and take up most of the back half of the tent. Open to suggestions here Def

Even the branches shooting up from me tieing the top down look like they will get too close to the light for comfort. Gonna be an on going battle maybe. I'll be getting crafty here or maybe fucking things up lol maybe both we will see

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Nevar44]
    #806565 - 02/23/16 01:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

typical sun glasses for me !thanks for posting about maricle grow buying out general hydroponics btw ,ill be making a switch up shortly .

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: dmtcorey]
    #806597 - 02/24/16 08:35 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

In the pic above, u can see the water weight is touching the ground... it started out about 4-5" off the ground. well the weight was touching the ground by the next day.

So I raised the weight a good bit, and added more water. So I increased the amount of weight on her...

By the end of that day, she totally bent over for me and the weight was touching the ground again. I'll put up a pic today soon

(Def some beginners luck here. I did not plan how high the weigh was off the ground.. which Def should have been done. Had I raised the weight too high, it wouldn't have ever hit the ground. Which may have snapped my main stem. So luckily I didn't learn thag the hard way by snapping my plant in half lol...)

I would love to say it was the perfect plan and I intended on her bending over in two days but it sooo was not. I got lucky for sure

I thought she broke on me when I first checked on her she was so far bent over lol.

When I add more weight, I like to go back and check the plant an hr or so after increasing the weight.. so I can see the initial reaction to the increased weigh.

This way if an hr after increasing the weight the plants has fallen over.. that would tell me I increased the weight too fast and prob got lucky the plant didn't snap..

If it holds strong and just droops down a little more, an hr later.., then that would tell me I DIDN'T increase the weight too fast...

Well the first day I remember to check an hr later and she looked good. When I increased the weight the second day tho... I forgot to check an hr after lol... so I'm not sure if it gave and bent all the way over after a hr or so, or if it took all day for the plant to slowly bend over...

Slightly concerned I did some root damage by adding the weight too fast. At least she didn't snap on me tho I guess.

Hey dmt cory, I have read that reg sunglasses do not protect ur eyes from harmful uvc and infared rays emitted by hid lighting. And that the damage aquired is cumulative... i got myself a $10 pair of welding glasses shade 5. There so dark tho.. that I guess I'm gonna spend the cash on a pair of grower glasses so I can see clearly like in blue light yet have my eyes be protected. Shade 5 welding glasses work, but u can't see very much detail. Def wouldn't be able to tell when to harvest... not even close

Not a very good pic but it's shows how much she bent over for me..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/24/16 12:38 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#806599 - 02/24/16 09:26 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

First pic is my new house plant/ Juicing plant lol.. the WiFi male..

Second is the lav amd some seedlings. The lavenders second set of leaves it had a three leaf and a four leaf.

Now the fourth set of leaves on the lav, has eight and nine leaves..

The other pic is the BD and an unknown in five gals. They will be  flowered in a week. They are in happy frog cut w 25 percent coarse perlite thanks to a friend's tips once again...

Edited by Nevar44 (02/24/16 06:01 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #806603 - 02/24/16 10:11 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:
Lol I hear ya

I kept telling myself that, man... plants grow in the 80s in nature...

But then I have that nagging voice saying ohh but seventies is better... lol

Have u noticed any flavor/terps reduction in comparison to other people's flowers?? This is my first worry w leaving them in the 80s.

I'm actually at 78-80. I'm prob in the 80s about a foot under my light but I don't want my plants that close to my light anyways

Nope, never noticed a difference in the terps compared to others or to the stuff grown in winter when temps drop around here. Remember the Nor Cal thing but then there is also where these plants originated. We're talking the Afghanistan, Pakistan mountains which aren't really known for their lets play in the grass 70f days.

Buuuuuuuuuut don't get me wrong I'm not saying 70s isn't optimum and most likely the best to go with I'm just saying after over 30 years of this my lazy ass isn't sweating it. In this case you should keep doing what your doing.:prettyflyforawhiteguy:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Magash]
    #806616 - 02/24/16 03:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

word on the glasses thing to bro ,be nice to grab a pair once the bills are in check !
i like to slap my plants around a bit to ,that stretch can be a pain in the ass so i like to tie branches down to open my canopy for better light penetration !

the regular glasses may not stop the uv but they do stop the blinding shine of the crystals lol jk

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: dmtcorey]
    #806619 - 02/24/16 05:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lol I feel ya, when bills aren't so constricting ima grab a pair of the nice ones that make light appear to be blue light... f or now the welding glasses work, but still let some light in...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#806673 - 02/25/16 04:35 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So im told to use neem, for the first two weeks inyo flower as a preventative measure. No longer than two weeks or risk residues in the flowers..

How would u guys use neem? Every day? every other day?? Mix w like warm water and lil dish soap then apply while water is warm?? Spray in morn at night? ?

I'm thinking pulling air from outside would be a good idea. Come summer, I'll just pull air from basement and not from outside..

However, my lil mush gh, is attached to my grow tent. So it's pushing co2 into the grow tent which should allow the plants to handle higher temps by a bit...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/25/16 05:41 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #806680 - 02/25/16 06:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmmm.....how would I use neem?........I'd gently take it and put the cap on nice and tight. Then take it to the nearest dumpster and get rid of that shit.

You haven't needed it yet and you've managed to make it to flowering why why why put shit on the plant now that your getting to budding. Make sure you have no bugs on you and put a screen over your air intake neem can't come close to stopping bugs as much as those two things.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Magash]
    #806687 - 02/25/16 08:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I was wondering what you was talking about. If you dont have bugs dont need to use that junk. Do like Mag said. I used it on some spider mites did more harm than good. My plants got all fucked up from that neem oil.  Now i just try and prevent more than anything.

:stayfunky:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #806695 - 02/25/16 10:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lol well hmmmm...

I was told to use it as a preventative...

So u don't get anything...

And I was told to spray it once on week one of flower. Spray it one more time in week two. Then NEVER again

Onto of that, I was told ozinated water is best, but neem is the next best choice...

I will Def consider ur guys input tho, maybe I'll just not spray anythung I like the sounds of that lol

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #806707 - 02/26/16 12:43 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Don't even spray water on budding plants. The last thing you want as a outdoor grower is rain cause the buds can mold well the same thing can happen if it gets to humid indoors or if water gets in the buds esp if your growing a dense indica and I'd imagine that lavender kush has to be a dense bud cause I've grown lavender a ton of times and it is like granddaddy in denseness.

The only way you get bugs indoors is if you get sloppy simple as that.

I took less precautions when I grew these

Don't sweat it your buds are gonna be killer.

--------------------

OfflineGrit
    #806710 - 02/26/16 06:59 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You could use diatomaceous earth in your containers for a preventative measure. I just use a spice/herb  shaker to sprinkle a little on the top of the substrate. It's easy, cheap and organic. Be careful not to breathe the stuff tho.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Grit]
    #806714 - 02/26/16 08:31 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I hear u mag trust me

Are u possibly giving me this advice because u know I'm a total newb rookie??

I w a told that ozinated water can be used up to three times per week. And up into the third week of flower

Just trying to learn more here..

I'm aware the rains spell disaster for outdoor grow sometimes depending on how bad the rains are...

I've grown up around herb just never don't it myself much...

I'm leaning towards not treating them now tho...

I'm not into spraying shit on my plants at all. Don't wanna smoke that shit lol

But if neem or ozinated water is applied properly... say maybe w an atomizer... Maybe then it'd be a diff story? ?

Don't worry mag, I'm not getting the neem ready as I type this lol... I'm just tryin to gain more knowledge so I can fill in the gaps..

I like ur input don't do anything, honestly this whole convo where I'm being told to use neem as a preventative.. came about cause I have seeds stored in fridge...

I'm told condensation from fridge can lead to pm and botrytus... from when seeds are taken out and put back into fridge and condensation forms... luckily the orange seeds I was given didn't go into fridge

I appreciate the advice and input everyone truly do

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/26/16 08:43 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#806719 - 02/26/16 09:27 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So last nigjt while sprinkling some soil with my hand....

Found sharp glass in my happy frog.

Makes me wanna take back the oceans forest I just picked up

I'm thinking of grabbing some roots organics,  looking for input on this soil?? What soil are u guys most fond of?

I realize glass is a very common pollutant... so not huge deal..

But I haven't liked happy frog emensely, oceans forest has too much ocean dweller material for my liking. Radiation from fukishima...

So now I'm leaning towards roots cause I'm not familiar w any other good soil brands personally??

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/26/16 12:41 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #806728 - 02/26/16 04:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Are u possibly giving me this advice because u know I'm a total newb rookie??

I have no idea if you're new or not. I'm gonna guess fairly new though.

Quote:

I w a told that ozinated water can be used up to three times per week. And up into the third week of flower

Yeah that wouldn't be a big deal cause the buds are still small and air can get threw them. Why bother though if you want to increase protection during flowering just keep you eye open for bugs more often and clean yourself off good before going in the garden.

Store your seeds in a plastic container with dry white rice with them. The rice will soak up the moisture and if you really want them safe put that container into another container with dry white rice in it. (you can also use those silica gel packs that come with electronics and crap or buy them at Home Depot).
:thumbup:

Quote:

I'm told condensation from fridge can lead to pm and botrytus

You have a better chance of condensation causing the seeds to germ before they would spread PM or Botrytus. This info is dead wrong. I may not know why the earth is round but I know seeds. I've done work with Sensi, Soma Seeds, Spice of Life, Rez, Federation,  and grew up with Ken from Granddaddy Purp Seeds. By the way you never fully know what your getting from Ken. He does his pollinating in his backyard.

Quote:

I appreciate the advice and input everyone truly do

:fuckyeahdance:That's why we are here:feelingfab:

:hypno::happyweed::hypno:

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#806733 - 02/26/16 04:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Do u store seeds in fridge mag?

Ty, ur reply makes me worry less about the seeds I did store in the fridge..

So is this thought process silly???

Seeds stored in fridge, possible condensation....

This possible condensation, could lead to pm or botrytus... that is not detectable until later in the plants life..

So could the plant Harbor pm or botrytus, during veg and not show any symptoms?

and then have that plant show pm or botrytus physically later during flower? Cause it was there the whole time just needed the right conditions to pop so it didn't show itself until flower?

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #806740 - 02/26/16 06:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yup I store em in the fridge. I'm lazy again though I don't use anything but little zip lock bags to keep em in.

Now ya gotta remember that White Powdery Mildew is actually a fungal disease. Powdery Mildew is part of the Erysipelas family. This means that this type of fungus that attaches onto plants and penetrates the epidermal cells. This is where the fungus gathers the nutrients that it needs. The fungus is able to spread and grow at this point.

Quote:

This possible condensation, could lead to pm or botrytus... that is not detectable until later in the plants life..

Whoever told ya that is insane. :awetongue:

Quote:

So could the plant Harbor pm or botrytus, during veg and not show any symptoms?

Not with botrytus but it could with WPM but is very unlikely. Once you get it it show itself. Botrytus on the other hand is like a mushroom contam. There in the air all the time all over the place the key is to not give it the conditions it needs to form on the buds. Get it in veg and your methods were bad to begin with and to be honest I've seen it only once in veg and that was in a abandon outdoor garden.
I've seen entire gardens taken by botrytus outdoors during flowering but that was after a unexpected rain with no way to protect the plants.

:cookiemonster::happyweed::elmo:

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#806742 - 02/26/16 06:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:rockon::prettyflyforawhiteguy:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#806758 - 02/26/16 09:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i know its controversial for some people ,but i just throw a no pest strip in the room if i get any bugs ,kills em dead no spray !
best spray i have used though i would have to say is mighty wash (ozinated water)

--------------------

Edited by dmtcorey (02/27/16 03:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract