Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSuspendedKarma
Tim Allen is dead

Getting ready to start my third grow - Advice requested
    #805188 - 02/03/16 05:48 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys. So I'm getting ready to start my third grow. I'm currently on probation for some stupid shit (non-drug related) but will be off in a couple months. Until then, I'm planning, planning, and planning some more.

My first grow was a simple CFL closet grow with 4 plants and turned out surprisingly well. I was in college and didn't have many funds to work with and had a pretty shitty setup but I yielded a decent amount of good bud.

My second grow a few years out of college was a step up from the first - 400w HPS/MH grow in a much larger closet with 6 plants and I yielded very close to 1g/watt. The bud was amazing too.

For my third grow, I'm planning to step it up even more. I want to use at least 600w but am thinking of going even bigger. Right now I'm in the process of buying my first house and each house we look at, I'm scoping out possible grow spaces. Ideally I'll frame out an 8'x8' or so room in an unfinished part of the basement and install an exhaust fan.

I was hoping the pros here could give me some sound advice on what type of grow to shoot for. I was thinking a ScrOG with about 8 plants (1sqft per plant? is that enough? or should the room be 10'x10'? bigger?) using a 600w HPS/MH or possibly even a 1000w. FoxFarm soil in 5 gallon buckets. Liquid Karma along with some vegging/flowering nutes. Does this sound alright or should I go a different route?

For my first two grows, I just used bagseed. For this next grow, I'll definitely be purchasing legit feminized seeds. Going to keep planning and get this thoroughly thought out before the time comes to get started.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Getting ready to start my third grow - Advice requested [Re: SuspendedKarma]
    #805192 - 02/03/16 06:54 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man. I'm only on my 3rd grow myself so I can't answer many of your questions, but 1g/watt for your 2nd grow is amazing! :greatjob:

I've never tried using the scrog method, but I really want to. That or sog. 2 different ways of going about it but same general outcome from what I've seen. I'm following this though, which is why I'm really posting.

Good luck :rockon:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting ready to start my third grow - Advice requested [Re: SuspendedKarma]
    #805196 - 02/03/16 07:30 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ideally I'll frame out an 8'x8' or so room in an unfinished part of the basement and install an exhaust fan.

Why not use a tent? Some day you may not want to grow and the grow room can come down and the room back to the way it was

They come with everything to hang the lights and the fans. Most protect against thermal imaging

Quote:

I was hoping the pros here could give me some sound advice on what type of grow to shoot for. I was thinking a ScrOG with about 8 plants (1sqft per plant? is that enough? or should the room be 10'x10'? bigger?) using a 600w HPS/MH or possibly even a 1000w. FoxFarm soil in 5 gallon buckets. Liquid Karma along with some vegging/flowering nutes. Does this sound alright or should I go a different route?

Well first are you growing 8 plants in 8sq ft (which is a 4x2 space) or are you gonna have a 10 x 10 that has 100sq ft?

as far as the scrog or style to grow that is gonna have to be picked by you cause you're most likely gonna use the method for years if your going about making a room.

This is 1 plant per sq ft

then there is scrog

Less plants long wait time.

Consider hydro if you have nosy neighbors who will notice bags of soil being brought it.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Getting ready to start my third grow - Advice requested [Re: Magash]
    #805197 - 02/03/16 07:49 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with the tent. I just took down my 4x2x5 and it all fit into a plastic tote. Great for this summer when I'm not planning on growing.

Magash, scrog takes more energy than sog right?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder