Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
Re: Cannabis companion planting with mushrooms?? [Re: lingzhi]
    #804761 - 01/29/16 02:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

also i would be interested to see one example that reishi and cannabis can be grown together, not an anecdotal suggestion, but a real documented grow or pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
    #804762 - 01/29/16 02:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

www.panduvie.com/dragonflyearthmedicine/photo/922664734038702255_590327573

I'm not trying to be a dick so forgive me. It's the lack of being able to fully express ones self through text. Plus I'm on a smart phone. Makes getting what I'd like to say across hard. Lots of little button pushing...

When I first pulled up this link. The reishi part was the comment up at the moment. It's been a yr or so and now u will need to go through the comments. I found this after having already e mailed dragon fly earth and directly asking which fungi would be best for herbaceous plants... they gave no valid response.

I emailed them cause I know that they work w Paul stamets in creating their mychorizea... and they r cannabis specific company. Neither fungi perfecti nor dragon fly earth will disclose this info. E mail them about fungi companion planting see what ya get. I've done it already. Fungi perfecti gave few cool links which I'll put up...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/29/16 02:31 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Cannabis companion planting with mushrooms?? [Re: Nevar44]
    #804763 - 01/29/16 02:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck w that... u can't find any documentation on companion planting w fungi.

The closest thing may be the book mycelial mayhem which I habent read.

Why?? Cause it new and we need to be getting in on it man... do you think that they stopped with brussel sprouts? They figured out that brussel sprouts a double in size in mycelium running in 2000. I guarantee they've been doing all kinds of research since then with different species and different plants in just haven't released the info yet

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804764 - 01/29/16 02:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

However I will be doing companion planting with cannabis this year and I will come back to this thread I guarantee you and I always keep my word so make sure you log in

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804765 - 01/29/16 02:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't seeing the point of your post except for you trying to enlighten yourself on how companion planting works

As I stated I was looking for people with experience who understood the whole concept

So in other words all of the things that you brought to talk about weren't really valid in this thread so you should go back and just delete your posts if you wish to be so negative and please do take your posts elsewhere

Do a Google search on books containing information about companion planting with fun guy 1 year ago and there are 0 maybe one

Mycelial mayhem is the first book to come out to cover this topic

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/29/16 02:31 PM)

Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
    #804766 - 01/29/16 02:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

ill be interested to see the results.

dont get me wrong im not saying it cant work out at all, i was bringing up my concerns through my experience in both growing cannabis, reishi, and companion planting for years. the fact that you question my experience means nothing as you do not know me or my experience. i was simply discussing the topic that you asked for opinions on.

it would be great in theory if it did work, as you could grow two of the best medicines around at one time.

Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
    #804767 - 01/29/16 02:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

not once did i ask a single question about how companion planting works, you have, countless times explained it for no reason without me asking. its pure arrogance. you even stated you have no experience with companion planting.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804768 - 01/29/16 02:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lingzhi said:
i believe the issue is that cannabis and mushrooms like different conditions. cannabis likes it to dry out regularly and problems arise if it is kept wet, which mushrooms thrive on.

Maybe I'm confused?? Why if u understand companion planting would u be concerned about this? It's the things u have said that made me assume

Quote:

lingzhi said:
it wont work the same way for all plants or mushrooms.

the negatives of fungi in the soil may outweigh the benefits if your trying to grow a good product. people come into problems such as mold from high humidity, or fungus gnats. Thats why we use mycorhizal fungi in the soil which lives in the roots and does not fruit so does not require high humidity conditions. these mycorhizal fungi are very popular today and can be found in just about any grow shop.

i would like to point out that reishi is not mycorhizal, also the mycelium becomes so dense it is almost like rubber which would effect drainage.  they also produce a huge amount of spores which might not be safe to smoke, alot of people complain just from breathing them in. just my observation.

i have read mycelium running front to back many times, i also have done many companion planting in my garden. i have had huge success with strawberry plants. but strawberry, and brussel sprouts, are alot easier to grow than cannabis.

i think you should definately try it. but do a side by side test with a few clones from the same mother and compare them.

And then the point where u say reishi isn't mychorizal. Why would this matter I wonder? These are things I personally wouldn't even consider as a concern of any sort

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/29/16 02:36 PM)

Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
    #804769 - 01/29/16 02:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:
Quote:

lingzhi said:
i believe the issue is that cannabis and mushrooms like different conditions. cannabis likes it to dry out regularly and problems arise if it is kept wet, which mushrooms thrive on.

Maybe I'm confused?? Why if u understand companion planting would u be concerned about this? It's the things u have said that made me assume

because, based off of my experience, this is the concerns and observations i have on a problem that will arise from growing certain mushrooms that require alot of moisture with cannabis.

you asked for opinions by people who have experience, i was trying to suggest a potential problem.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804770 - 01/29/16 02:41 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps we can skirt this whole subject by me bringing up the point that I will be using reishi liquid culture broth and watering my plants with that indoors as a method to get around everything you are concerned about lol. I'm doing this because of my thought, is it the water-soluble polysaccharides that benefit the plant? Is it the fact that the mycelium is present near the plant and maybe forms some sort of relationship? They can't say exactly why the Brussels got so big... I'm hoping it's the water soluables leaching into the soil. If so u might think liquid culture broth would be beneficial. I'm pretty sure I've read that it is in a search... can't remember where Google or shroomery

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804771 - 01/29/16 02:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I hadn't thought that it could be the metabolites so you could gather metabolites as tradd described in his book. Get half cup of metabolites and try watering w that at diff dillutions also...

Great book tradd cotter organic mushroom farming and mycoremediation

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
    #804772 - 01/29/16 02:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i would be interested in how polysaccharides effect the plants. also the mushroom metabolites.

in mycorhizal fungi, the plant has evolved to live very specifically and symbiotically in the roots and benefits by regulating water to the roots and making nutrients more available to the roots. nature has answered your question on the best species to use already.

in decomposers, mushroom species break down material such as straw or saw dust into soil. this mushroom compost makes nutrients available to the soil, sort of like a slow release fertiliser. in a soil mix that already has plenty of nutrients available, this would in theory be unnecessary.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804773 - 01/29/16 02:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This is off topic but cool... out of tradds book.. this pic is also...

Perhaps u could partially burry the reishi log to off set problems like a fee of the logs r in this pic..?

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/29/16 03:01 PM)

Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
    #804776 - 01/29/16 03:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

the problem with growing on logs is that it requires alot of moisture to allow the mycelium to be in a state where it is not dormant. most people run a sprinkler or drip system regularly on their log cultivation. the most effective use of water would be to take the logs perhaps twice a month and submerge them into water for 24 hour. this allows them to soak to capacity on water without most of it running off, into the soil, which would cause extra problem for the cannabis.

ive grown many, many, mushrooms on logs. if you want them to fruit, you really need alot of humidity in the area, not alot of wind to dry out the logs, and not in full sun. most mushrooms do not like full sun, and yet cannabis does.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804777 - 01/29/16 03:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be giving away a wedge of reishi and one random wedge to people who have agar skills and wish to participate in this...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804778 - 01/29/16 03:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lingzhi said:
i would be interested in how polysaccharides effect the plants. also the mushroom metabolites.

in mycorhizal fungi, the plant has evolved to live very specifically and symbiotically in the roots and benefits by regulating water to the roots and making nutrients more available to the roots. nature has answered your question on the best species to use already.

in decomposers, mushroom species break down material such as straw or saw dust into soil. this mushroom compost makes nutrients available to the soil, sort of like a slow release fertiliser. in a soil mix that already has plenty of nutrients available, this would in theory be unnecessary.

I see your point here, however with the brussel sprouts they used King oyster mycelium and got double the yeilds. How do u propose this happened? It wasn't just the mychorizea...

Probably nowhere in nature will you ever find brussel sprouts and King oysters living together however when you artificiate this the brussel sprout yeild doubles and triples sometimes even

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/29/16 03:17 PM)

Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
    #804779 - 01/29/16 03:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i cant say i know for sure, but i would theorize that the brussel sprouts grew twice as big because, a side by side comparison was done between two plants in similar conditions, one getting a slow release fertilizer effect from the decomposing straw, and one not. one has more available nutrients and so it grows bigger.

we usually have no problem getting enough nutrients for cannabis, in fact it is more common to have issues with too much nutrients.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804780 - 01/29/16 03:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I can still see burried logs working maybe. Or maybe just use reishi mycelium in place of King oysyers as is done in mycelium running. If reishi won't colonized straw...

Well a friend being a rookie got reishi to colonize peat. So u could use peat in place of straw. As ur top layer just as was done w the Brussels in mycelium running

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
    #804781 - 01/29/16 03:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i have had reishi 100% colonize straw easily. however, i could not get it to fruit.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804782 - 01/29/16 03:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lingzhi said:
i cant say i know for sure, but i would theorize that the brussel sprouts grew twice as big because, a side by side comparison was done between two plants in similar conditions, one getting a slow release fertilizer effect from the decomposing straw, and one not. one has more available nutrients and so it grows bigger.

we usually have no problem getting enough nutrients for cannabis, in fact it is more common to have issues with too much nutrients.

And I would have no idea so I will ask, would brussels normally possibly be lacking nutrients?

I have a hard time imagining just the extra nutrients being available from broken down straw would be the cause myself

The link that I provided shows how a lady got her berries to be twice as big also that's it large statement I lean more towards it may be the water soluble polysaccharides or the metabolites myself time will tell I believe soon I think this information will be released to the public it perhaps maybe in mycelial mayhem there may be some new companion planting with fungi information in that book

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck