Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup
    #233259 - 05/27/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hi friends,

I was thinking about colonizing some jars of rye with a psilocybe strain.  I'd then take the jars of colonized rye and mix with distilled water to come up with mycelium water.  I'd run the mycelium water thru a woman's pantyhose to catch any debris.  Then I would use this mycelium water in a hydro setup.  From study, mycelium improves root structure.  Would this be much benefit?  Don't you think the weed produced would be psycho-active?  Thanks.:mushroom2::syringe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: encryptor]
    #233311 - 05/28/09 12:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

encryptor said: Don't you think the weed produced would be psycho-active?  Thanks.:mushroom2::syringe:

:toilet:

:rofl2:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: KaptKid]
    #233314 - 05/28/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you are what you eat or smoke in this sense!  What does anyone else think?:mushroom2::syringe:

Offlinepopeye
    #233340 - 05/28/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

How would the fungi survive in a hydro setup?  Wouldn't mold contamination be an issue?  I've often considered doing this in soil but the idea fills me with many doubts.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#233352 - 05/28/09 09:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

encryptor said:
From study, mycelium improves root structure. 

the mycelium of mycorrhizal (symbiotic) fungi do, but this does not apply to any psilocybe species.

Quote:

Would this be much benefit?  Don't you think the weed produced would be psycho-active? 

there will be no benefit, and no psychoactive weed. 

Quote:

encryptor said:
you are what you eat

but plants do not eat mycelium, so your theory is bogus. 

really, don't bother trying.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: Yrat]
    #233390 - 05/28/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:ilold:

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlinetophernotsocool
Friend of Earth
Male

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: ethnoguy]
    #233426 - 05/28/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hey this might be taking the post into an irrelevant direction, but what about cultivating marijuana and psilocybe cubies together? in a greenhouse im sure marijuana can take 80-90 humidity and the cubies wont mind the extra powering light, a deep inset of dirt for marijuana roots and a thick casing layer built up a bit around the mj stem to provide growing grounds for the shrooms, symbiotic life in a physical sense but for similar purpose all the same ;] i think that would be one lovely visual and consumable eden like garden. if it could be pulled off that is.

--------------------
"and take me disappearing, through the smoke rings of my mind,
down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
far from the twisted reach, of crazy sorrow.
yes the dance, beneath the diamond sky, with one hand waving free,
silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath the waves,
let me forget about today, until tomorrow."~bob dylan

OfflineAKSE

Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: tophernotsocool]
    #233433 - 05/28/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tophernotsocool said:
hey this might be taking the post into an irrelevant direction, but what about cultivating marijuana and psilocybe cubies together? in a greenhouse im sure marijuana can take 80-90 humidity and the cubies wont mind the extra powering light, a deep inset of dirt for marijuana roots and a thick casing layer built up a bit around the mj stem to provide growing grounds for the shrooms, symbiotic life in a physical sense but for similar purpose all the same ;] i think that would be one lovely visual and consumable eden like garden. if it could be pulled off that is.

Not very plausible.  It would be extremely hard to keep the mushrooms from getting contaminated, you would have mold in no time.  Also Psilocybe mushrooms don't form symbiotic relationships with any plants or trees, it would do more harm than good.  Amanita Muscaria for example have a symbiotic relationship with evergreen trees.

Offlinetophernotsocool
Friend of Earth
Male

Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: AKSE]
    #233441 - 05/28/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

way to kill the imagination lol
im going to plant a little-ish weed plant or even a couple in a larger and deeper than standard terrarium then add a thick layer of perlite and throw in a PF cake and see the buds and shrooms both live together, im thinking life is a little more tenacious and contams wont be a big problem.. maybe. ill send you pictures if it works haha.

--------------------

OfflineAKSE

#233446 - 05/28/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tophernotsocool said:
way to kill the imagination lol
im going to plant a little-ish weed plant or even a couple in a larger and deeper than standard terrarium then add a thick layer of perlite and throw in a PF cake and see the buds and shrooms both live together, im thinking life is a little more tenacious and contams wont be a big problem.. maybe. ill send you pictures if it works haha.

Yeah sorry, I'm just being realistic/rational.:shrug:  It's hard to keep a growroom a sterile environment, which mushrooms (especially casings instead of cakes) need to stay healthy.  By all means though try it!  It would be a very interesting experiment.  I'de be very interested to see the outcome!  I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just mentioning some likely problems that may arise.:yesnod:

Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: AKSE]
    #233504 - 05/28/09 03:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

haha!  Ok, my theory is way off...that is until I start tripping off my own hallucinogenic weed and nobody else will have proprietary rights to my psychedelic recipe. mauhahaha!:mushroom2::syringe:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #233715 - 05/28/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ok so how about this scenario for psychedelic weed...

grow a normal plant through flowering...in the last little bit before harvesting cut back on the water for a while and let the plant get a little thirsty

then make a lemon juice/water/dried mushroom slurry and filter the mushroom material out...leaving a lemony...psilocybin extract of sorts

balance the pH (not sure if this can be done) then do your final watering with this mixture...or a watered down version of this...

it seems to me that the psilocybin would be absorbed into the vascular system of the plant and remain there during harvest and curing...though it would be of little use to the cultivator as it rapidly degrades in temperatures over 180oF...but wouldnt this in theory work?

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineDivide
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: Data]
    #233846 - 05/29/09 09:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You aren't supposed to heat your bud while curing. Plant roots are not meant to absorb molecules like psilocybin. The acid excretion from the roots would break up the psilocybin into its elements and then absorb and use those like the phosphorus for example. You would also probably need a shitload of it to make the plant absorb any like over a pound of it mixed in solution. You'd want to keep the roots in water and force flowering when the plants are About 5 inches tall because if they're large then the psilocybin wuold be too spread out and not noticeable. I don't think you'll ever get this to work no matter what you try.

You're better off taking biology classes and stuff to genetically modify cannabis to produce psilocybin in its flowers. You'd be a hero if you could accomplish this.

Offlinetophernotsocool
Friend of Earth
Male

Re: Psilocybe Mycelium Water to add to hydro setup [Re: Data]
    #233847 - 05/29/09 09:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

it seems to me that the psilocybin would be absorbed into the vascular system of the plant and remain there during harvest and curing...though it would be of little use to the cultivator as it rapidly degrades in temperatures over 180oF...but wouldnt this in theory work?

yeah maybe. notice how most do not smoke mushrooms, you get a very small, next to nothing effect because the psychoactive ingredient [psilocybin] doesn't last in incinerating temperatures.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

#233903 - 05/29/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tophernotsocool said:

i have a grandaddy purps plant that i trained very carefully so it has a dense canopy covering its entire 5-gallon pot of coir.  the other day i discovered a little forest of mushrooms had fruited out from the coir.  its not cubensis but still shows it can be done. i think it worked because coir is kept wet unlike soil, and the canopy shielded the coir from direct light.

OfflineFukDutch Passion

#234948 - 06/01/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

encryptor said:
Hi friends,

I was thinking about colonizing some jars of rye with a psilocybe strain.  I'd then take the jars of colonized rye and mix with distilled water to come up with mycelium water.  I'd run the mycelium water thru a woman's pantyhose to catch any debris.  Then I would use this mycelium water in a hydro setup.  From study, mycelium improves root structure.  Would this be much benefit?  Don't you think the weed produced would be psycho-active?  Thanks.:mushroom2::syringe:

Uh no...
but if your after a psychoactive herb high eat the stuff
I've had some real fucking crazy visuals after eating
copious amounts of brownies.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#235043 - 06/01/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
:facepalm:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale