Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Sour grapes
    #802261 - 12/27/15 01:48 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

So I've decided to pick up this strain next time I shop(tax time).
I'm looking for overall growing info. I know magash has had his hands on this lovely lady and I'd love some feedback from our expert gardener(using magashs gh feed schedule) as well as anyone else that has had hands on experience with this gal.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sour grapes [Re: ashfiken]
    #802264 - 12/27/15 03:15 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Great strain when flowering remember to give her room cause she's gonna stretch a little. Not anything like a OG Kush but she will stretch. She is also a fast finisher which is 7 to 8 weeks. Now with the genetics in it it's gonna taste killer no matter what pheno you find. With Grape Ape x Sour Diesel it's pretty much a win win situation.

In veg she is a average grower. Not super fast but not like a pure indica or a real Granddaddy Purple slow in the veg growth. From the time you do the seeds to the time of taking good cuttings isn't that long. Now I'm not talking those first branch on a young plant molestation cuttings I'm talking real cuttings.:wink:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Re: Sour grapes [Re: Magash]
    #802278 - 12/28/15 05:34 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, perfect info. Wondering how well she they take fert, and all my questions purty much answered.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802302 - 12/28/15 06:24 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

She can take the ferts pretty well. If she leans toward the Sour Diesel side she won't take them as well if she leaned toward the Grape Ape side but she is a easy enough plant to grow that most will get killer results with it.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Re: Sour grapes [Re: Magash]
    #802488 - 12/31/15 01:30 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Badasz, I like sour so hopefully I'll get some phenos leaning thattaway.
And I'll get to tease the tips of those fan leaves with a good push of the maxi!:crazy2:
Anyway good to hear isnt finicky or tough to work with. Always glad to hear ya chime in magash. Thanks.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #802899 - 01/09/16 05:07 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds good but those are some expensive beans.

I'm itching to buy some seeds but I unno about $162 for 10 seeds esp with the exchange rate where it is.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Re: Sour grapes [Re: captain.koons]
    #802930 - 01/09/16 01:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Dood tell me bout it. But what I need are some good genetics and I dunno how else but to pay for em. I will be cloning so so long as you know the genetics will be something you'd wanna keep paying 100+- for genetics you'll use for years might not be too terrible. Tax time buy for me. And a 1000w my conv bulb

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #802935 - 01/09/16 02:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I like to have about a dozen strains on the go at a time to have variety. I look for different things in different strains but almost always I do a pheno hunt and like to have at least 20 females in the population this requires 2 fem packs of 3-4 standard packs depending on the seeds per pack. I'm almost always sifting through at least one cultivar for that phenotype that's been eluding my stash and constantly rotating out stuff that just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

One of my greatest joys of growing is to take down 20-30 females of the same cultivar and different phenotype and get intimate with them. Trimming, drying, manicuring, smoking, vaping, making edibles, making hash and oil. This helps give me input on one of the top selection criteria and that's the ceiling/tolerance aspect of potency. I don't want pot in my stash that only gets me so high regardless of how much I smoke, nor do I want something that I build up tolerance to very rapidly such as Sour Diesel. This is of course unless it blows other selection criteria right out the window.

I would in fact spend $200 USD ($294 Canadian) on a 10 pack of seeds if I was confident I'd find what I want to find inside shit I may still buy 3 packs so long as the average phenotype was up to scruff. I'm far more confident spending that $294 on 4 packs of competitively priced seeds that are no slouch in the genetics department. There's just so many proven seed packs that I would get at a lower price point before shelling out $300. That's just my own opinion.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #802941 - 01/09/16 03:54 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Totally feel that man. That right there you got going on is reminiscent of my breeding dreams. I love the same intimacy growing and ingesting my own stuff, and pheno/criteria selection is the ultimate in that ability. I simply don't have the space to do all out pheno hunts, although I will attempt to reserve selected ones from this future purchase of SG. Any who, I simply havnt had luck with other standard packs of seeds of yet, I reckon due to unreputable breeders, hence my jump to these beans. I've looked at a few slightly cheaper options and honestly there's quite a few I will in the future be eager to try out(DNA,reserva priv stuff). And those I'd def go for first if I was in as sweet a position as yourself, because the cost would be making a difference knocking 30 bucks or so off per pack. I just gotta get some good genetics to grow man and this is where imma start.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #802949 - 01/09/16 04:36 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You can minimize the room required from pheno hunting by growing small plants and keeping mother's in your veg area.

I usually have a light or two dedicated to seed runs/pheno hunting and possibly more depending on how interested/determined I am. I often grow 36 plants in a 4x4 area or 42 in a 4x5' area, this is only going to work with indica dominant plants as you're limited to a 8" footprint. You also want to 12/12 from clone and not seed as seeds tend to get some mass before flowering regardless of the photoperiod. I've managed to grow 9 pure hazes in 10 gal smart pots super cropped and tied down to  tomato cages in a 4x4' area too. Becoming familiar with your plants and learning how to train them to get the most out of them is important.

I've had the most luck with Chimera and Mr. Nice for standard seeds. I honestly believe they're both amongst the most underrated/unappreciated breeders today. Chimera just appealed to the masses and released quite a few crosses using clone only cultivars x a line bred JackHererxNL selection that reeks of Pineapple. He's also got a bunch of sweet skunk and blockhead crosses. I've enjoyed DNA genetics in the past and plan on getting some Tangie and Tangie crosses. DNA is for sure hit or miss and overhypes their strains.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #803011 - 01/10/16 02:28 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard plenty of Mr nice and would jump on those. Don't think gorilla carries them, hmm.
Your setup is tight (spaced) then so I appreciate how much work you put into it to find those phenos, when I can have more than just a single closet/light setup I'll for sure follow a similar path. Where do you buy your chimera & Mr nice seeds?

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #803012 - 01/10/16 03:20 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Dunno if it's cool posting that info as there's sponsors that sell seeds. I'll PM

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #803014 - 01/10/16 03:29 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

^ anything below 1' per plant is considered tight IMO.

My general rule is anything above 60% sativa with any veg time (I always keep this down to 7-10 days with few exceptions) will require a full 1' sq you also want to consider flowering time and branching.  You ideally want something that doesn't branch much but you can grow plants that branch @ 36 plants per 4x4' I usually have an idea of how a plant grows before attempting to do high plant counts.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#803099 - 01/12/16 11:08 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Was just looking at the DNA stock. Kosher Tangie(a sick tangle cross fo ya). Sold out at gorilla tho.
Sounds damn good. I like the 60\40 indica for my needs.
Current strains you like from the breeders you mentioned, capt?
Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #803108 - 01/12/16 05:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have a bunch of shit I'm running right now.

Chimera:

C-Plus I have a super orange candy pheno not my favorite to grow, trim, and it could yield more but it's great for the stash.

C-Plus x Sour Diesel I've got a pheno that is orange creamsicle + funk galore. Diesel/fuel/earth/all sorts of stank (this is my own cross) I suspect the C-Plus is a great breeding tool across the board.

Mental Floss this is a great commercial strain, heavy yields I've broke through the 2.5# mark and yield at around 65-73 days without any veg time under HID (I root for 14-21 days under T5 lighting). This plant is a breeze to trim as it's got a very high calyx to leaf ratio. The buds are also very dense so you can just snip away. I actually use rotary tools to trim this stuff at record speed. Most phenotypes fall under the berry liquorice and incense profile but there's some plants that are just truly unique. This one may not be available much longer I'm personally going to grab 3 more packs. Yes, it's that good.

Snazzleberry#2 I haven't really tested this strain commercially as it branches so it's best suited for grows /w some amount of veg time. It's got a very unique terpene profile and smokes like a dream. I haven't tried but it's supposed to be in it's own class as far as extracts/edibles go. Soon I may test this strains commercial abilities.

GFxBB this and Mental Floss used to be the ONLY strains that stayed in my garden for over 5 years. Everything else would get culled or sit in veg waiting for it's opportunity to shine. This stuff just reeks of sweet grapefruit, yields well, and the high is very upbeat and happy but still has some sedative effect. This is basically a favorite amongst smokers.

Mr. Nice.

Super Silver Haze forewarned I may just be a sucker for haze genetics but I got 22 seeds in my pack and kept 6 females plants all for different reasons. I'm going to be running a large amount of these, I've also paid for a commercial SSH that yields around 2.5# per 1k in 8.5-9 weeks very low branching and the resin has a great haze profile.

Mango Haze not as easy to grow as the SSH but the high and terpene profile are more pleasant IMO. Ripe-rotten mangos, haze and skunk funk. This strain will always be close to my heart.

White Widow not the best yielding, nor the fastest, nor the tastiest but the structure is great to pursue for breeding purposes and it's still got world class potency and a terpene profile that old school smokers recognize and appreciate. I don't know if it's nostalgia that does it for me having smoked this for 15 years or if the high is just that good.

Shark Shock (White widow x skunk) yields far better than the widow, it's faster (as fast as 50days/7.2 weeks vs 10 weeks), the taste appeals to a wider audience, etc. This strain is great and just speaks for the breeding potential of white widow.

Ortega (Northern Lights) this is Mr Nice's version of Northern Lights, my understanding is that there was originally 11 northern lights related plants and #1,#2,and #5 were the best. This is #5 x #2 and then line bred however many generations. Admittedly as far as finding a keeper goes, you may be better off going with a more inbred NL as there will be a higher % of keepers per 10 pack. I personally have my super keeper from another breeder and will use Ortega as a breeding tool to open up the genepool and find phenos that just aren't available elsewhere.

There's far more available and worthy.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#803173 - 01/13/16 12:32 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I like the picks from chimera a fuck ton. and im a haze lover myself, but don't hazes grow tall and branch a bunch BC of sativa, that's what I'm worried in my small closet maybe a haze cross they have that I could find I strong indica  pheno with...badass compilation tho man I appreciate it a bunch. Ortega will be experiment for the future definitely.
And I may just get some gf/bb going or the dankness that is cplus.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #803178 - 01/13/16 05:12 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

C-Plus is a bit of a stretcher. I used to hate it when I grew in tents. Now I've got high ceilings and everything is good. It's for sure manageable under any normal circumstance though.

One of my favorite height management training methods is super cropping you pinch the stem to collapse it. It'll heal and actually grow back thicker with a couple weeks so unfortunately it's not a no veg training method. I do this with OG Kush, I double plant into a 5-7 gal smart pot and super crop/lst the branches so they flop over the sides of the tomato cage. Come flowering time the plants just beef up but don't really go anywhere vertically. This works great with OG Kush as the buds kind of just grow small golf ball sized nugs. I veg with 1/3 of the waggage /w a T5 bank for 30 days flower for around 10 weeks and end up with 2.25-2.5# a light. Pretty damn good for a pure OG kush.

I've done similar with hazes. It's all about thinking outside the box.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck