Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Start to Finish/Indoor soil seed grow// !Newb! //Blue dream... why must it only be BD... :/
    #802516 - 01/01/16 07:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Just wanted to get some posts up on my new account. I used to get on here like 7 yrs ago...

I have the seeds in peat plugs, dressed w mycorhizea from fungi perfecti, under a lil 1' four tube t5. Inside of a humidity dome. Here the pic lol.

Plan to keep this updated, and would love some tips and input along the way. Haven't decided what kinda training methods I'll use yet. Was thinking of mothering them until I move in two months or so. Then take cuts when I move. I know I'll want to mother the chico genetics... at least I think that'd b the thing to do lol?

I've got one og, one mystery?? Lost track lol

Def will be upgrading lighting. Prob gonna run happy frog soil unless I get recommend something better by trusted grower..

More to come, that's about all there is to show currently lmao

Edited by Nevar44 (03/30/16 10:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Nevar44]
    #802553 - 01/02/16 12:37 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Some of u may have noticed already I forgot to puff up the peat plugs they still look kinda short and compressed. Won't do that again lol

Getting exciting already lol day four I think. Fire og and 9lb hammer are up. The other four seeds were started few days later

NEVER USING PEAT PLUGS FOR SEEDS AGAIN. JUST SOIL.

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/06/16 10:11 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Nevar44]
    #802748 - 01/06/16 09:16 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Well, live and learn. I think peat plugs r too sm to start seeds lol. Upgraded to gallon pots. The tap roots were poking out a day after sprouting in a bad way.

Two of em their root poked out of the side of the peat plug and grew for dear life. Most of the root wasn't even in the peat plug lol... from now on I'll start seeds in gallon pots prob I'm thinkin...

Anyways here's a pic

The two in smaller pots are the fire og and hammer. Didn't get gallon pots until few days after they needed to be transplanted due to tap root trying to escape lol. So I'll wait awhile for then to expand roots into those pint pots. Leave then like that for awhile.

I mainly care about the chico genetics. They  r from CA breeder that don't sell seeds...

The three gallon pots have to recently sprouted chico seeds. 1 hasn't cracked yet it was a nice white seed. Was hoping it was gonna pop to see what the white seed was all about

Transplanted the babies in the dark to not light shock the roots. Cut off the peat plug mesh. Wish I woulda paid attention to the astrological cycles w when I planted.  Next time I will.

I'll Def be pulling my flowed right after a full moon or on the full moon :smile:

Gonna be using High n guano, molasses, and kelp castings

Blood meal bone meal High p guano I'm thinkin... input appreciated but I'm wanting to use as few ingredients as poss and mix all ammendment into soil. So I don't have to feed w bottle nutes. Thinkin teas to help.

Getting some 4'-5' king tut babies also soon. Prob gonna run something bottles on em. Gonna get transplanted veg two weeks then flower.

Their in 3gal now. Thinkin I'll move em into a ten gal. Two r gonna go under one 1000w. Should I go w 7 gal pots since I have only one light for two plants that big?

Edited by Nevar44 (01/08/16 09:23 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#802884 - 01/08/16 03:25 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

She has been up for 6 days. Is she looking like she needs some loving/food? Started to turn lighter green. Have her in happy frog soil hasn't gotten anythung but water so far

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/09/16 12:53 AM)

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #802934 - 01/09/16 02:00 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

No ferts till second set of leaves, generally, esp in amended soil.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: ashfiken]
    #802940 - 01/09/16 03:43 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I like the sounds of that. I'm using ro water. What about Cal mag?

Forgive me for such rookie questions lol

Thanks for the input btw i appreciate it

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/09/16 03:58 PM)

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #802942 - 01/09/16 03:55 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Nah. They get hungriest for cal mag at beg of flower. Don't use til you start other ferts.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: ashfiken]
    #802944 - 01/09/16 04:00 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

So that's why my buddy mentioned the king tut eats up way more camg than the "y gregory", lol, click, thanks again.

Good ratings coming for u ashfiken whenever I get 50 posts up lol...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/09/16 07:23 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#802974 - 01/09/16 11:36 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The first two pics, are my best looking chico seed outta 4. 1molded :frown: 2 are looking odd/mutated. These seeds did this last time they got cracked. I'm thinking tabacco mosaic virus from being touched by a heavy smoker...

How would u sanitize these seeds guys??

The seedlings went through some stress, I'm a newb

Fire og looking the nicest, Bottom pic is fire og and 9lb hammer

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/20/16 06:08 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#803061 - 01/11/16 05:00 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Fire og in back, 9lb hammer in front

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/11/16 05:00 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#803205 - 01/13/16 05:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Sooooo how do u guys sanitize seeds known to be infected w what seems to be tabacco mosaic virus? ?

Hydrogen peroxide soak? How long?

Spray peroxide on em while the seeds r on a screen I've heard. Let the peroxide evap, flip seeds over do it again. Was thinkin if doing this since they're known to be contamed.. treat them 2-3 times this way maybe?

Tabacco mosaic blues :frown:

Edited by Nevar44 (01/20/16 06:09 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #803421 - 01/17/16 12:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've had TMV in my garden for a few yrs now. I've given up on getting rid of it. Overall It's hardly noticeable unless the plants get stressed for some reason or another. I usually have one or two strains that will show signs of TMV all the time. It's usually only a mosaic pattern on one leaf blade or a hooked leaf. Nothing else happens for me. I know there are worse types of TMV out there. The pics you've shown look exactly like what I'm dealing with.  not sure what you could do to the seeds to sterilize them. Tbh for me the virus has done nothing to yields or quality of my medicine. I wouldn't stress it.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #803424 - 01/17/16 01:28 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm interested FJ.

This shit bad. The plants never snap out of it and some about half are not worth growing. The ones that grow much slower to start and are very deformed. Then outta the same seeds we got one. Just one. BEAUTY. No TMV at all.

So I Don even know what it is really. It didn't spread to my knowledge. I just have like 20-30 seeds still that I really wanna get as many beauty's outta as possible.

They come from guys been breeding for 30 yrs older than me lol. Al says it may be just due to whatever the breeder has done to the genetics and u will get one awesome pheno outta about 7 seed. Who knows? ??

I mainly interested in sanitizing seeds at this point but greatly appreciate the input FJ :smile:

I realized that some mushrooms r active against TMV. I'm thinkin of trying out strained LC broth waterings to combat the TMV

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/17/16 01:33 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#803425 - 01/17/16 01:35 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've read that reishi is great to companion plant w cannabis also. Looking forward to using diff kinds of reishi broths on indoor plants to start. Outdoor companion plantings in time. I'll also try applying diff kinds of mushroom broths to plants. I've got several medicinal and gourmet strains to work w...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #803443 - 01/17/16 05:35 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

TMV spreads VERY easily.  the good pheno you have out of those  seeds is just resistant to the virus. It for sure has it. TMV spreads just by you handling your plants or by insects flying/crawling from one plant to the next.

The virus will even stay active in your medicine while it cures. It's crazy how resilient it is.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #803470 - 01/17/16 10:26 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm, this plant was grown next to several others also.

Some of them that were next to it may have been pollenated also hopefully those plants don't have it or get it.

Hopefully it's not TMV and is something else or maybe just the genetics if that's even possible...

This is good to know FJ thank u

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Indoor soil seed grow/ !Newb! /Start to Finish/ Fireog, 9lb hammer, OGGDP *DELETED* [Re: Nevar44]
    #803475 - 01/17/16 10:48 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Nevar44

Reason for deletion: Whoops

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/17/16 10:48 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#803499 - 01/18/16 01:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

OK so the first pic is the og. Second pic the hammer. Third pic is the og again. Fourth pic hammer again.

The TMV plants got tossed. I'm gonna experiment w treating the rest of the seeds I have left w h202. See what happens. I tossed em before I got ur advice FJ but judging by last round w them I didn't wanna keep em. I'm just hoping for another beauty outta the seeds.

Does the hammer look ready for some N? Was thinking of top dressing w some guano... the tips r a lil lime green possibly and the first two rounded not real leaf things (dunno what their called..) are staring to fall off on the hammer

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/18/16 01:11 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#805313 - 02/04/16 05:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

First 2 pic r the female mystery

2nd two og male

Female grew faster, they both got bound from staying in the smaller pots too long. Female took it worse. They've both snapped out of it and r growing good again

Both got dried out lil female more so, that's why she is missing leaves. Her branching is meager so fat and after chopping off the partially dried leaves her branches got bigger.

Question do people chop off perfectly healti fan leaves to encourage branches to Bush out and fan leaves on the branches to get bigger??

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/04/16 05:30 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#805331 - 02/05/16 12:19 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is from giving them cal mag too early  :facepalm3: , maybe its something to due w being root bound before they were transplanted, or maybe needing n...??

Those r my best guess being a newb what r yours?? :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/06/16 10:14 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds