Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMof
Male

Any thought's on urine?
    #801862 - 12/19/15 11:31 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Sometimes I piss in a bottle then I divide it between a few bottles with 10% piss and 90% urine, I figure that I can use some of the vitamins and nutrients that I didn't manage to absorb and if you do it this way you get a nice yellow ph.
http://www.urinemetabolome.ca/metabolites

I'm thinking about doing an all piss run, just using piss and water that's been declorinated through evaporation. I want to make this a thing, instead of using a ph tester and fert's why not just use your piss. I want to have the first piss grow. I am going to be doing this in my room.jk

The best trick seems to me to be that you drink a couple beers then use the piss as water when it's late into flowering.

Edited by Mof (02/09/16 03:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMof
Male

Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: Mof]
    #801863 - 12/19/15 11:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

ugh, compared to the other stuff it doesn't look like there's a lot of pottasium, it's good for the veg stage though!

edit: it doesn't outright say it, it just list the molecular size, like I said though a lot of nitrogen is in piss! It's liquid gold!

Edited by Mof (12/19/15 11:36 PM)

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #801880 - 12/20/15 10:04 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I would be highly interested to see the outcome of this test run.  You should start a clone and provide it with only water and urine from your body just to see what happens.  The only reason I would NEVER attempt this in my room is because I don't have time to experiment with urine and it would probably make your room smell like absolute urine haha.  You definitely have my support and interest!  Let us know what you decide to do...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #801910 - 12/20/15 01:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Someone told me the best weed they ever had smoked was grown with human waste. I called bullshit, but then the guy explained that he was treating it over a year long process from his outhouse it sounded feasible. He said the guy was adamant about putting plastic down over the soil zone just in case anything dropped on the ground it wouldn't be contaminated...

I don't know the exact details but I know when I took a soil class the instructor brought in some of the recycled sewage they were using to fertilize some of the farms in the area with.  It has to be heavily treated in the U.S to use on farms, can't use more than a certain percentage of your soil and other hoops to jump through, whereas in China they've been shitting in their rice fields since the dawn of time.

Nitrogen has a unique cycle and changes forms before its available to the plant... "Nitrogen is available to plants as either ammonium (NH4+-N) or nitrate (NO3--N)"

http://www.extension.umn.edu/agriculture/nutrient-management/nitrogen/understanding-nitrogen-in-soils/

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: phychotron]
    #801924 - 12/20/15 03:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

China and their lack of concern for the environment, and we of course buy all their shit, it's just gross have you seen the pictures of Beijing lately what a toxic mess then the "recycling" of toxic electronic parts with aqua regia and just dump it into their river.  Peeing on plants probably won't hurt them but I don't think human GMO shit would really be a plus even after composted.

cleaned up somewhat

Edited by GoonerHeClips (12/27/15 04:45 AM)

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #801927 - 12/20/15 04:01 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I beleive rabbit shit is good, rabbits can eat their own shit again, since there are a lot of fibers in it, not many animals can do that though, maybe horse manure is ok
what I think happens is the shit provides a medium for fungus to move in and then the roots that abosrb water get into the fungal area and they do a trade off, the roots break up the soil for the fungi, and the fungi do all the chemical reactions, in the  mycorrhizal zone.
Look at the root's next time you harvest, they're nothing more then some translucent fiber, the plant pretty much takes care of it's sugar and air need, everything else is transported.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #801935 - 12/20/15 06:01 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Soil is a living entity. It is like the ocean of the land. Without soil to break down organic matter there would be little to no life on the surface of earth.  Microbes and weather break down organic matter which is eventually broken so small it is able to be absorbed by a plant, starting the cycle all over again. You can't feed another plant corn, unless you compost it first. Plants only absorb molecules in a specific form--as ions; a plus or minus charge on a single molecule.

Without soil you just have dirt. When you dig deep enough you notice the difference between the soil on top vs the dirt underneath.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: phychotron]
    #801984 - 12/21/15 03:44 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Has to be diluted 20:1 water or nitrogen will burn the living shit outta them.
They say its a complete nutrient but can be high in salts depending on diet.

Word?

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #801986 - 12/21/15 04:20 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i just poured tap water on it in an attempt to wash the piss flush down a little, but I forgot to dechloronate it so it probably will have the opposite effect, the plant looked fine, counting today I think I will harvest in ten days, some of the pistols are turning brown

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #801989 - 12/21/15 05:36 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It is NOT a complete nutrient. 

Come on guys.  This is just fucking ridiculous.  Spend 20 bucks on a bottle of nutrients

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #801990 - 12/21/15 05:46 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Its just for fun and to play around with man.  No reason to be so serious LOL

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #801991 - 12/21/15 08:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

This comes up like once every six months.  You're not doing anything new or interesting.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #802006 - 12/22/15 03:53 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

you wouldn't like to try my golden diesel?

OfflineMof
Male

#802183 - 12/25/15 01:53 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It's still doing go, didn't have any nutrient lock up or anything just dropping leaves like normal during this stage

Edited by Mof (12/26/15 07:12 PM)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #802796 - 01/06/16 11:36 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Urine has roughly a 10:1:4 NPK value varying on diet. It could be applied to a peat based soil amended with kelp and rock dust(s) with success if one cared to do so. The nitrogen in Urine would be rather high in ammonia which enters the plants quicker than nitrates and should ideally be kept below 25%. The plants should be given at least a month to flush also.

This should be conducted for sustainability/permaculture reasons rather than performance. Personally if I were to utilize human feces or urine I would include them in a composting process. I would also have to be in a position where I could handle the "fertilizer" in such a way that didn't gross me out. Urine should be clean enough so long as you use fresh urine and don't drench parts of the plants that will be consumed.

I wouldn't expect urine to perform well but it will provide N and K.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: captain.koons]
    #802801 - 01/07/16 02:48 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

When I first started growing I used piss and I'm pretty sure I burned my plants A lil bit, plus my dirt smelled like piss too..but I don't regret doin it tho

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!
  !!!!TRESPASSERS WILL BE EXECUTED!!!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: DannyFolks]
    #802803 - 01/07/16 03:22 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Did you dilute your urine? If not, you're dosing with concentrated fertilizer I'd dilute it 10:1 or compost it before using.

The only reason I'd have for using it is winning a bet, pranking someone and telling them they're smoking ganj grown from nothing by peat and my excrement, and sustainability/permaculture which is important but perhaps not at the expense of my buds.

People should be more concerned about the environment and seeing that your urine/fecal matter is properly disposed of/utilized may be an issue in the future.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: captain.koons]
    #802804 - 01/07/16 04:55 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I only used it once or twice I was worried about root burn from the salt or sodium
The reason I started using it was because I heard it was good for tomato plants and it was like 3am and I didn't want to leave my room

Edited by Mof (01/07/16 04:57 AM)

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
    #802812 - 01/07/16 11:38 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The golden shower tek

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
Re: Any thought's on urine? [Re: DannyFolks]
    #802813 - 01/07/16 11:43 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You're plants deserve better than sum warm yellow suds

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate