Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Flowering room
    #762806 - 12/22/14 04:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So I guess for starters it is 8' x 8' and 7.5'tall. I wish I could have made it 8' tall but the ceiling is 8' exactly. I had to take down the ceiling fan just to make it this tall.

The plastic I used is white on one side and Black on the other. I used wood mostly because it's cheaper per foot and I had parts/hardware left from another project.

I used an 8" inline fan to cool the hood and pull air through the carbon filter. The ducting I used was 6" to match the light. It is then exhausted in the same room that I built flowering room in. I used a 6" inline fan to bring Co2 and cooler air in plus four 90o adjustable elbows to try and keep the light out. I plan on putting a piece of filter on the outside of the fan to keep some dust out. I put some left over plastic over the window to help keep light out of room.

The First pic is the fan that will cool the hood/remove smell. The second is the exhaust from said fan. The third pic is of the fan that will bring fresh air into the room (taken from the inside). And the fourth is of the same fan from the outside. (Sorry the last three are sideways:crazy:)

Again I was trying to save money so instead of building a doorframe and buying a door, I bought 3 hinges, a 4' x 8' piece of particle board, as well as 1/2" foam to keep light out. I used bolts/wingnuts to keep the door shut and light out, it doesn't take more than a min to get in there. I should have used 3.5" bolts instead of 4" but I just drilled the holes a little small and used the threads to keep it in place. You can see the backside of the carriage bolts sticking out in one of the pics.

The first pic is of the inside of the door before I had finished all the plastic. (the first 10' X 25' package of plastic ran out before the last corner. I left it open until the end so I had extra light to work in.) The second pic is of of the outside of the door before the plastic was finished in the corner. The third pic is of the 1/2" foam which blends in with the duct tape, as well as one of the three bolts used to close door. The last pic is of the door when room was finished.

I bought a 1000W HPS w/air cooled hood. It's connected to the carbon filter to remove smell and cool hood simultaneously. Hoping for some good results, I don't know how hot it gets after the light has been on for a while, will have to wait til veg is done. I set up the room so I can have a second ebb/flow set up with a second light. If heat becomes a problem I can always turn the ballast down to 75% but I hope not. I plan on running the light from 6 P.M. to 6 A.M.to try and even up my energy usage some

The first pic is of the light and carbon filter. The second pic is the underside of light. I turned on the light for the third pic, which shows the whole set up (mostly). The fourth pic is of the empty space I plan to use for another set up at some point down the road.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Flowering room [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #762807 - 12/22/14 04:43 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Nice. good luck brotha man

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Flowering room [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #762991 - 12/23/14 03:49 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks it was a lot of work but cheaper than a large tent I believe. I kinda like projects like this. I never took woodworking/shop in school because it wasn't offered so this helps me to be more handy. I don't do a professional job, but each project is better than the last

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Offlinebudgrower420
Stranger
Male

#763121 - 12/24/14 11:45 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ur right chemical this is a really nice project the only thing is im a lazy stoner so I would never be able to build this so have fun with it guys it looks good

--------------------
the growery is life!

:awecid:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: Flowering room [Re: budgrower420]
    #763168 - 12/24/14 02:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

My room within room walls and doors are just ultra light cheap wood strip framing.
You can use the plastic to make walls and doors on framing ect for ease of removal and price...

Is yours a room within room flower/veg combo??

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #763239 - 12/24/14 10:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It is a room with in a room (bedroom), but the veg is seperate

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Offlinebudgrower420
Stranger
Male

#767354 - 01/26/15 01:45 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
My room within room walls and doors are just ultra light cheap wood strip framing.
You can use the plastic to make walls and doors on framing ect for ease of removal and price...

Is yours a room within room flower/veg combo??

im not really a indoor grower I know some stuff but not a lot!

more of an outdoor kind of guy!:rockman:

--------------------
the growery is life!

:awecid:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Flowering room [Re: budgrower420]
    #769497 - 02/20/15 10:01 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

watch for condensation build up on the window you covered with the black n white ..

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: Flowering room [Re: dmtcorey]
    #769562 - 02/20/15 06:17 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Lately w winter temps I've been getting crazy amounts of condensation on the lower portion of my walls.

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#769590 - 02/20/15 10:48 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

been getting some to ,window has an ice build up and the warmer air hits the cold basement walls making moisture ,humidity meter doesn't usually go out of the safe zone to much but im going to have to wash the one wall up because there are small spots of what looks like black mold appearing .
would invest in a dehumidifier but ill be down grading to a 2 br in may so it will be fine to run for the time being

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Flowering room [Re: dmtcorey]
    #769600 - 02/21/15 05:47 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for advice, I checked last night and this morning there was none. I live in the desert, my RH is pretty low in my house. The plants don't raise it a whole lot.

Also I don't have real cold windows, I turned off my heater jan. 15 and had to turn on A/C it's starting to get pretty warm already.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#769678 - 02/21/15 03:06 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

lol dam bro its snowing huge snow flakes were I am

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #800740 - 12/08/15 08:50 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Lookin good!  I cant wait to see some beautiful buds being grown in the lovely new flowering room that you built!

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Flowering room [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #800773 - 12/09/15 04:31 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

lol thanks, since I posted the last update I added soundboard to the outside. I did it for two reasons, one to have something to staple the plastic too, and also to reduce noise. I made a mistake when I went with the 8" inline fan and a large carbon filter, they are too loud.

When I get some extra cash I will get two small carbon filters with two small fans to quite that room down. One will filter air going in to help keep pests out and the other will filter the air going out for obvious reasons. If I do another room I will just use drywall and skip the plastic/sound board.

Btw sound board is light weight and the same price/size as OSB. It certainly doesn't stop sound but it helps some and like I said its easy to put up yourself

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #800774 - 12/09/15 04:40 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I guess I forgot to update the build I changed it a bit, here are some pics from a couple weeks ago, The bud pics I took with and without the led on, the ones with purple have the LED on

These last couple pics give you and idea of what it looks like now, without the plant blocking the view. I've since added a 4th fan, I want to replace that with two smaller ones though.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#801201 - 12/13/15 05:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

They look great man!  Cant wait to see the finished product.  What kind of LED is that?

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #801212 - 12/13/15 06:42 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#801899 - 12/20/15 12:14 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Nice!  Looks like the one of the best LEDs on the market.  Im not big into LEDs and always stick to what has worked best for me which is Flouros, MH and HPS.  Hows the room looking?

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #802286 - 12/28/15 06:48 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

they don't look bad but they don't look as good as they should either, the buds are too fluffly, not very dense. This was my first time with sativa and using a screen, I will do better next time. Friday I harvest, I just changed out the water from a light ripening nute to just water with a lowered PH.

I'm not going to have any monster colas like my last crop of indicas but that's mostly because I cut them too low when I switched too flower.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds