Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesNicklefrits
Stranger

Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room?
    #369317 - 02/21/10 01:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So I just can't understand how to run fans and blowers in my room.  I have a 3.5 by 3.5 by 7 ft tall flower room with one 600 watt cool tube hood reflector. I understand that I need a fan hooked to the cool tube to take heat out. But this seems like it has nothing to do with the airflow of the room. So does this mean I need another fan hooked to my homemade carbon filter to suck air out of the room? And then what about providing fresh air? Another fan? I've thought of connecting a t-connector so I can take hot air from the light and stale air from the room. Hook this up to the carbon filter and it could work. I just read that the more hosing you run the less efficiently your fan will do its job. Sorry for the thousand questions, please help a homey out. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: sNicklefrits]
    #369416 - 02/21/10 02:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well here was my last room...

1.calculate the size of the room
2.look up the definition of CFM cubic feet per minute and then find what CFM rating fan you need

Then you need 1 fan that will do at least that to move air out and one of equal size to replace the air removed with fresh air...

its pretty basic, not as hard as youre probably making it out to be

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: mhbound]
    #369427 - 02/21/10 03:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I remember someone had the set up on here. I am going to do the same thing. What you want to do is mount the carbon filter above the Cool Tube, run ducting from the filter to one side of the Cool Tube. Now attach ducting to the other side of the Cool Tube and run it out of the tent. Then attach that ducting to the intake on your fan. You will be pulling through your air through your filter and pulling the heat away from the light at the same time. Just have a office fan circulating the air inside the room on top of the other with its function.

Edited by Dephect (02/21/10 03:14 PM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: Dephect]
    #369460 - 02/21/10 03:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

let me try and field this.

you want it like this

thats ideal but you said you have a homemade filter so hooking it up that way may require some macguyvering.

the importent thing is as you pull air through the hood, either from a filter in-line or just from the space around the hood you are pulling stale air out at the same time. you don't need another set of inlet/outlet. you do want a fan inside the box to move air around, that keep the air around the leaves fresh.

it also doesn't matter which side the filter is on except that putting hot air through it may(i don't know for sure) release some of the smell, i know it does in my truck when i turn on the heater because the cabin air filter is saturated with blunt smoke.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: pha3r0]
    #369616 - 02/21/10 05:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeeeah thats the one.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: Dephect]
    #369756 - 02/21/10 08:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ideally you want it just like in the pic pha3r0 posted.

No one else mentioned though that you want your inline fan in between your carbon filter and cool tube. You want to suck air into your carbon filter, not push through it.

You want the fan before the cool tube. The reason is that you don't want to be sucking hot reflector over the internal components of your fan. This could cause premature fan failure. Plus fans lose efficency when sucking hot air.

Just something to keep in mind.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflinesNicklefrits
Stranger

Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #370167 - 02/21/10 11:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow! Thanks a lot! You just helped me to understand everything. So with the fan on one side of the light you suck air from the room through it. It travels through the light to cool it all off and travels a little way through venting and then through my carbon filter out my grow room. If that sounds about right there's less to it than I thought. Thanks again.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: sNicklefrits]
    #370173 - 02/21/10 11:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I would make it to where the air pulls through the filter first, then through the tube, and out the tent. I think filters are built to where they have to be at the end of the ducting but I may be wrong. Also I think excessive heat would be bad for the filter.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#370195 - 02/22/10 12:17 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah inverted said it best up there ^

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Not understanding how to properly provide airflow to flower room? [Re: pha3r0]
    #370196 - 02/22/10 12:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dephect* :smile:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#370327 - 02/22/10 10:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

omg sorry dephect :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies