Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStackingCash
Stranger
Profiting with MMJ?
    #792283 - 09/02/15 11:13 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

MMJ Patient here. Have long been pondering the idea of growing.I have a decent job now and within a year my income will jump loads(upon going beyond trainee stage). This will allow me my own place.

I had my eyes set on a CHEAP(50K modulars)county in N California, but they just changed the plant limit to a sq ft limit. So I looked closer to home and found Santa Cruz County which has/had a plant limit of 99 for patients, but I read they too are changing this to a sq ft limit (what gives?). 100 sq ft still seems decent. Commute time from there to work isnt too excessive.

Was thinking SOG now that they are doing SQ Ft limits. I knew a guy once that used it and he even stacked pots onto eachother. He claimed to have 300 plants. 2 months until bud can be harvested. Im thinking of having like 4 sections of the room so upon each harvest Im not left holding amounts over the limit.

-Get MMJ Card (done)
-Buy clones, lights,etc and setup Space
-Setup nonprofit entity for sales (either zips on delivery or wholesale to dispensaries)(Im thinking that pushing $200 zips will move them quick enough) ***Bank account?

Pretty sure I can pay myself as president of the nonporifit a salary. Could also afford my business various things, maybe even a vehicle for the entity...

Questions:
1.I know it is hard to calculate profits, things vary. But any ballpark numbers? 50K+ annually must be attainable through this I guesstimate.
2.Can I care for someone elses plants? I got friends who smoke and have MMJ cards. Could I take their papers and grow for them? NOT too sure on this, I read somewhere that I could only be caregiver for 1. Would you have to register as a collective or something? Not sure all that goes into expansion. Im trying to find info.
3.Whats the market impact on business once MJ goes legal in Cali?
4. I got some legal questions. Im thinking of getting a prepaid legal subscription so I can ask away. Anyone else use this service and do they have good MMJ lawyers for consultations? My questions pertain to limits on bud held, transporting in vehicle, sales etc. I dont want to get in trouble over some technicality.
5. Any of the MMJ "Colleges"/"Courses" worth a damn? There seems to be some good info out there but the holders of it want some money.

Reason for this post is in part that I read this and that as well as hear this and that. Its hard to know what is truth. A local MMJ dispensary told me theres ways to get bigger limits, theyre so vague though that I think they are speculating.

Yes, I have a long way to go. But at the same time I got 7 months left as a trainee so Im not in a giant rush.

Any helpful information would be appreciated. Even anything I missed. Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Profiting with MMJ? [Re: StackingCash]
    #792289 - 09/03/15 12:44 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I've been growing for the clubs in Cali for years and those county limits you can just chuck out the window cause they mean nothing in a courtroom. The only thing a judge is going to look at is the state limit.

Go over the 99 plant limit and now you're in felony land and you've crossed into federal charges.

If you're wanting to have the clubs buy from you then you better get rid of thinking in amounts like zips and start thinking in pounds.

I have a successful seed business and will be focusing on that when it becomes legal in Cali cause it will be a complete waste of time growing smoke for the clubs and I've got 64000 watts of flowering and have been growing for the clubs for 14 years.

I like the SOG myself

but I'm not gonna fool myself into thinking county limits mean shit. I don't even know my county's limits cause it isn't going to help me in anyway.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies