Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

flooming vs air stones in dwc
    #773605 - 03/25/15 02:29 PM (9 years, 6 days ago)

I've been reading around on the best way to dissolve oxygen into water and it seems that flooming is superior to air stones. flooming is simply putting a water pump at the bottom of your reservoir pointing towards the surface. it should create a swell or a slight hump of moving water at the surface. you do not want a geyser. you could also use an air pump without an air stone to get a flooming effect but a water pump moves a lot more water.

most of the information that's out there on flooming comes from the koi pond community but there are a couple cannabis forums with threads too.
from what I've read so far flooming is the way to go.
you get more dissolved oxygen, no air stones to replace/clean, and there is no air stones to potentially harbor harmful bacteria.

i don't have any experience with either flooming or air stones other than the few seedlings i have growing right now.
i was wondering if any of you guys have tried both and what works best for you? or which way you think would work the best?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: flooming vs air stones in dwc [Re: thedrake]
    #773755 - 03/26/15 03:03 PM (9 years, 5 days ago)

Youre leaving out the other side of the dissolved oxygen story. D.O. may be higher with flooming but you have NO atmospheric oxygen present. Even though more oxygen is dissolved in the water, less is actually present. (or that's what I was able to dig up anyway)

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: flooming vs air stones in dwc [Re: Magash]
    #773772 - 03/26/15 04:18 PM (9 years, 5 days ago)

im not fully understanding what your saying.

atmospheric oxygen=oxygen in the air?

are you saying that there isn't any atmospheric oxygen at the surface because most reservoirs don't have constant fresh air exchange,so flooming will be less effective than air stones?

Edited by thedrake (03/26/15 04:19 PM)

Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: flooming vs air stones in dwc [Re: thedrake]
    #774601 - 03/31/15 05:05 PM (9 years, 6 hours ago)

heres a pdf chart that was posted on icmag forums by user Sgt.Stedenko
heres the thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=206119&page=4
he compared airstone vs open tube vs hydrofarm flexible diffuser vs 27% h202

there doesn't seem to be a real significant differences with the airstone, open tube, or diffuser. other than the open tube having 1-2% higher oxygen saturation. I wonder if 1%-2% higher oxygen sat. levels would have a noticeable impact on the plants?

the h202 did have 20% higher saturation levels than all of them but dissipated after a few hours.
I know this isn't a smoking gun on whats better just thought it was interesting.
any body here use h202 to boost their oxygen levels?

Edited by thedrake (03/31/15 05:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder