Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebashar
Stranger
top feeding dwc set input wanted
    #799713 - 11/27/15 01:24 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

So after a huge successful first grow with a drip system hydro set up, ive decided to combine that with a dwc system. Altho my two dutch passion star ryders went great I was a little disappointed by the size of twork ladies. In hopes to increase plant size as well as keep part of the drip system I have become fond oF,  ive decided to build a top feeding dwc.

The basic design is as follows.....

DWC
60cmx30cmx30cm tote wrapped in black duct tape to keep out light with 6 5" holes cut in the lid for 5 x 5" net pots.

Top feed system
450gph pump connected to a 3 outlet manifold which feeds 3 1/4" Pipestone the net pots. The pipes are coupled to 1/4"soaker tubing that is coiled around the pots. A valve is attached to the end to regulate flow. The pump is connected to an Analogue timer set to water for 30 min every 8 hours.

Oxygen
100 gallon dual outlet airpump w/2x 4"x0.5" stones
8lpm air pump attached to w/2x 2"x1" stones

Cooling
25L capacity chiller w/196gph pump set to 60°F

Metering
Hanna grochek continuous ph /tds/temp meter

I suppose I might as well list the set up that will contain this tote instead of making a new thread in the grow designs section. Here it is...

Grow area
4'x2'x5' mylar lined tent

Air
5000btu ac intake on a on/off thermostat
4" exhaust fan w/controller and carbon scrubber
12" oscillating fan
8" fan

Metering
Digital hygrometer /thermometer
Analogue thermometer /hygrometer

Lighting
Vegging
240w (180w actual) 450nm blue/10k lumen led
60w 450nm blue/6500 white led
Six 23w 3500k 1630 lumen cfl
Three 26w 6500k 1800 lumen cfl
**Near end of veg phase the 240w led, 60w led and 23w cfl's get changed with**
Three 85w 5500k 6000 lumen cfl
Three 105w 5500k 7000 lumen cfl
300w (190 actual) 6 band/12k lumen led

Bloom phase lights
Preflower until full flowering
300w 6 band 12k lumens led
300w (120w actual) 9 band/7300 lumen led
300w (120w actaul) 9 band/7300 lumen led
Eight 23w 2700k 1600 lumen cfl
**Full flowering to week 7.5 of bloom**
300w 6 band led
2x 300w 9 band
Eight 23w 270ok 1600 lumen cfl
Four 55w 2700k 3600 lumen cfl
**week 7.5 to harvest (end of 9th week)**
Same as full flower but with two 24w 10.0 UVB lights

That pretty much suns up my design for this grow. It's a lot different from my first grow whm which was just drip rings and a reservoir outside if tent, but I think this will be way better of a grow.

Now for the nutrients/suppliments I'll be using....

Seedling phase
Golden goddess fulvic acid
H2 humic acid
Hygrozine
Piranha
Carboload

Vegatative phase
Sensi grow a&b
B-52
Vodoo juice
Carbo load
Hygrozine
Gold silica
H2 humic acid

Bloom phase
Sensi bloom a&b
Bud blood
Bud ignitor
B-52
Vodoo juice
Piranha
Tarantula
Carboload
Silica gold
Hygrozine
H2 humic acid
Big bud
Hammerhead
Bud candy
Overdrive
Flawless finish

My grow will be of 5 afghan kush auto ryders from WOS. I've read a lot about this strain and gave decided to grow them into 9 weeks of bloom with week 8 and 9 being just flawless finish and no nutrients.

Also one question is it a good idea to pre loaf the seedlings growing media it will be xfered to with benificials? I've been reading that it is so I have my tote running with piranha, tarantula, voodoo,  carboload, Hygrozine, fulvic acid and humic acid till the seedling go in next week. The tds is 60 ppm and the pH is 5.86 which is looking good.

So any advise comment or anything are very welcome thanks!

T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTioWWW999
T.I.O

Re: top feeding dwc set input wanted [Re: bashar]
    #799835 - 11/28/15 05:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I have top feed in my uc system but i use it only when new girl came in,(just the time for their roots to touch the water )i have done 1 run with top feed and the roots mass end up smaller by almost 40% same with the yield ? I run this system since 2012 and that was my worst one ,never try it again lol! Keep us updated with your's finding .

--------------------
:leaf: Come watch movies and TV with the forum at Stoned [TV] :leaf:

:mushroom2: Check out my Myristicin Info Thread :mushroom2:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: top feeding dwc set input wanted [Re: TioWWW999]
    #799837 - 11/28/15 06:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Way to many nutrients/supplements if you ask me man.  Huge over kill.

Do some dry runs.  Make sure that water temps stay in check etc.

The biggest issue I had with rdwc was Ross clogging up the return drain.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebashar
Stranger
Re: top feeding dwc set input wanted [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #799848 - 11/29/15 03:29 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I've been tweaking with my set up over the last few days and for vegging I hit a tent high temp of 76°F and low of 64°F and the reservoir temp hovers around 62.2°F. The ph is my only issue it likes to hover at 6.5. I tried treating my medium with ph down and boiling it and them letting it sit for a day before rinsing it throughly. It seemed to help with the ph issue but now it's back again. Maybe when I change the reservoir it'll go back to how it was before. It might also have to do with the air pumps as I'm using two very high capacity (100 gallon') with 4 large air stones. The agitation and bubbling of water at the surface might be upping the ph.

Yea I'm using quite a bit of nutrients and additives (18 different ones in total) but they all seem to really be helpful at least in my last grow they were. I saw a noticeable difference in my last plants each time I added a new product. Plus a couple I got for free as samples and I got a lot of them for really good deals so I splurged a bit.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: top feeding dwc set input wanted [Re: bashar]
    #799929 - 11/29/15 07:58 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You're really over doing it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebashar
Stranger
Re: top feeding dwc set input wanted [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #799973 - 11/30/15 04:29 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I know but I like to make things more complex and not the standard k.I. s.s model. I don't know it might be because I have university schooling in engineering and organic chemistry so I like to build things and play with gadgets. Also I am really gifted in chemistry and love doing things that have to do with Chem so using extra nutrients and additives and tweaking with the tds and pH and everything is really fun for me. I'm not growing just for the sake of growing huge yields or the most efficiently or cost effective route. I'm doing this more to learn all about how different factors change cannabis and all about how I can't moderate these factors.

I mean like before my first grow I researche'd on how to grow cannabis and build a grow tent for about 5 months; I'd read on line articles, treks, guides, forum postings and I read 4 different cannabis bibles or text books. I literally spent 8 hours a day 7 days a week just reading, drafting designs of things, doing calculations and taking notes for 5 months. I have 5 note books that are 350 pages full of my note taking. I have a.d.d so if I find something I'm interested in I kinda just go all out on learning as much as possible.

Making things harder than they need to be is what I like to do. I never feel challenged by things so this way I'm more mentally stimulated. I wouldn't like doing this if it wasn't so over the top. And the way it is I absolutely love growing and the stuff I made my first grow my buddies who have been professionally growing for over 15 years were amazed by how nice it was. They said they were nowhere near as successful for thier first grows. I just want to know if this set up and nutrient regime is good heh.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale