Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Switching to soiless or DWC mid veg + buying DWC in Sydney?
    #595373 - 11/03/11 03:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi friends,
As some of you may know from my grow log, I've currently got 5 chemdog seedlings, that are just a little bit over a month old.

Anyways, my lower leafs are all yellow and all leaves were wilted and droopy. I fed them there first shot of nutes last week with some half strength fish emulsion. They had a little growth spurt, upper leaves went a little greener and the upper leaves did perk up, but less than a week later I'm back where I started. All droopy, lower leafs still yellow. I am due for another feed in the next day or two (full strength this time). I am only happy with 1 of the plants, another plant is just average IMO. But the other 3 just seem extremely short and are developing quite slowly.

Anyways, I am about to transplant them into their permanent adult homes very soon, I am wondering what effects would a switch from soil to soiless or maybe even a hydro setup. Will they experience any stress from the shock of being switched? I figure this would give me much better control over PH and nutes.

I'm trying to find a DWC setup, but the only setup I've find that is even close to my budget is a "Flood and Drain Kit" and even then, it cost a fair bit more than I'm willing to spend.

Anyone know how much I would expect to pay for a DWC kit in Sydney Australia, and can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers
MagickZ

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Edited by magick81 (11/03/11 03:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScraps
Male

Loc: that shady alley
Re: Switching to soiless or DWC mid veg + buying DWC in Sydney? [Re: magick81]
    #595377 - 11/03/11 03:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

hey fellow sydney sider here:gethigh:

as for the nutes, i would guess they may need another feed soon seeing as how they responded well since you last fed them

i think switching from soil to soiless/and or hydro wont cause too much stress, i think stress is mostly attributed to the root damage from transplanting i assume (dont hold me on that)

i dont have any experience in regards to purchasing DWC kits in Sydney

there is an aussie site

aussieponics.com

but i am not sure about their stock or whatnot and prices, its just a suggestion

i guess a Flood and Drain kit may be the cheapest purchasable kit im not sure of the price either

anyway goodluck with your grow mate!:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies