Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDabQueen
Stranger

Hydroponic Clone
    #773379 - 03/23/15 06:01 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

Hello,

MY friend has a clone plant and he let me get a clone from it.

I cut it and placed root tech gel on it and placed it in the reservoir which contains Cal Mag, Silica Blast, and PH is around 5.8, last time i checked PPM it was around 350 ppm.

Can anyone suggest what else i can do to help my clone survive?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDabQueen
Stranger

Re: Hydroponic Clone [Re: DabQueen]
    #773386 - 03/23/15 07:31 PM (9 years, 29 days ago)

I even spray the plant once in a while and I have a water aquarium heater in the water to keep it between 75-77 degrees.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydroponic Clone (moved) [Re: DabQueen]
    #773390 - 03/23/15 07:50 PM (9 years, 29 days ago)

This thread was moved from the user's journal.

Reason:
You'll get more attention here.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: Hydroponic Clone (moved) [Re: Stoneth]
    #773412 - 03/24/15 03:04 AM (9 years, 29 days ago)

Honestly, I've had 100% success with an aero cloner and 5.8 water.  Nothing else added and no dome and takes between a week or two for some action.  My temps in that tent stay around 85f and RH of about 70.  I'm kind of a noob, but you shouldn't need anything other nutrients than the rooting gel. 

It can be a little quiet here but I'm sure the guys will chime in with some good advice.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #773414 - 03/24/15 04:54 AM (9 years, 29 days ago)

That's not looking all that healthy. I don't expect it to pull through, but some plants will amaze you. Hard to tell what is really going on from just photos.

Keep the humidity from getting too low with a dome if you need one or mist with plain water if its not looking moist.  You can use a clear plastic bag as a dome in a pinch. I'm using an aerocloner a dome is not really necessary, but when planting the clone into something before it roots then it seems more beneficial with the dome.

As mentioned its best not to use a bunch of stuff as nutrients before the clones root. In an aerocloner you can use plain tap water and they will root, but better success with a product container IBA, a rooting hormone. I use Superthrive in my cloner with good success because its IBA and B vitamins. Basically bare minimum. Nutrients can mess things and the plant can't absorb them anyway.

Since yours is already planted I would not mess with it by giving it anything special. You've already applied the root-tech which should have IBA. Make sure your rock wool doesn't stay saturated with water as it can cause stem rot.

If roots are not sticking out the bottom after 21 days its probably not going to take.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineDabQueen
Stranger

Re: Hydroponic Clone (moved) [Re: phychotron]
    #773452 - 03/24/15 01:30 PM (9 years, 29 days ago)

Thanks so much for your input guys. I assumed the plant was done when I saw it like this but I am totally new to this so I wanted to get opinions from people who have experience.

Next time I won't but the nutrients in the water and leave it as is. Additionally, thanks for the rockwool tip, I wont be saturating it as much bcuz I made sure they were wet before I put the clone in and I have been making sure the water was touching it when i put them inside.
I tried keeping humidity in there by putting a water bottle with water misted inside of it with some holes on top of the plant and I used a straw to keep the plant standing.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #773484 - 03/24/15 05:03 PM (9 years, 29 days ago)

Get rid of the rockwool and root it in plain water with a airstone in it. Keep using rockwool then don't let it sit in still water or you're gonna keep getting the same problems. Still water leads to the rot you have under the straw in the pic. Once you have rot you're doomed.
The rockwool should be damp not soaked.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleP-O

Re: Hydroponic Clone (moved) [Re: phychotron]
    #773700 - 03/25/15 11:37 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

:rotfl:

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder