Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetommyg615
snoooper

what would you do with theese lights
    #770446 - 02/28/15 04:52 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

im currently in possession of a 125watt cfl, a 600 hps and will have the 2 shitty leds(300 and 320watt Chinese things ), how would YOU use the above lighting to your benefit, what will supplement what nicely?

--------------------
just ask frank

"he who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what would you do with theese lights [Re: tommyg615]
    #770457 - 02/28/15 07:55 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'd throw away the cfl, and use the hps.  I'd also ditch the led

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #770480 - 02/28/15 09:48 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I would either trash the cfl or use it for a veg light til I could replace it with an MH.

I'd hang an led on each side of that 600 for the flower room.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinetommyg615
snoooper

Re: what would you do with theese lights [Re: Stoneth]
    #770497 - 02/28/15 12:02 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

thats what i was thinking, use the cfl to root clones and buy a higher watt hps for flowering(maby a 1000) and buy a 600watt mh bulb for my 600 ballest, do you think leds (being Chinese ones) would be better to boost blue during vedge or red for flower (adding light to the sides)or are they really trash worthy? in your opinion of corse

--------------------
just ask frank

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what would you do with theese lights [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #770644 - 03/01/15 10:45 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Those LED's will do amazing for veg. Most of those generics claims (100w LED = 400 HPS) come from vegetative growth, like lettuce and leafy greens.  The two of them would be more than enough to prepare some plants for the area under a 600w.  But if your going to veg and flower in the same area I'd veg under the LED, keep them on when you flip the HPS on for flower.

The CFL I'd keep in reserve for any additional plant needs, like if you want to put a mother plant in a corner while your vegging an entire tent. Maybe as a supplement for veg if the LED's aren't quite cutting it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinetommyg615
snoooper

Re: what would you do with theese lights [Re: phychotron]
    #770678 - 03/02/15 09:16 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

The CFL I'd keep in reserve for any additional plant needs, like if you want to put a mother plant in a corner while your vegging an entire tent. Maybe as a supplement for veg if the LED's aren't quite cutting it.

i plan on growing 10 mothers to take cuttings for sog crops,how would you advize doing this, keeping them tiny under the cfl, buying a new light (if so what watt) i started thinking about getting a 1000w hps for flowering using my 600w for vedge combined with the cfl and l.e.ds somewhere in there with cuttings on a shelf in the vedge room, or should mothers really be seperated with a light each, sorry for the confusing question

--------------------
just ask frank

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #770687 - 03/02/15 10:23 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

10 mother plants will take up some space. I'm not too sure the best size to keep them, I usually don't keep one and just clone the lower branches as I put them into flower and hope the clones root and I keep the strain alive. I've started to add variety now that I've learned to grow (Grapegod for at least 2 years now) so I could actually tell the difference when I changed something. Basic science tells you to only change one variable at a time if you want to examine change. If you change strain AND nutrient formula you won't be able to see the effects of your new nutrient formula.

It really depends on how many clones you want to take off each. Most people keep them small since they can still do a lot of clones and you don't need to feed it a lot. You'll have to play around and see where you and the plants like it. Don't be afraid to butcher some plants and watch them recover... learn learn learn. You'll notice the mother plant will become probably the best trained plant you have. You end up topping and trimming it back so much that it gets nice and spread out.

Its hard to say what your light requirements will be. A lot has to do with how big of an area your planning on utilizing. I'd keep the mothers together--you could use CFL's, say one each and then let them combine intensity, but that's not really the best way to veg. If you have to veg under CFL look into T5 fixtures, those work amazing for veg when you have enough.

10 mothers for 10 strains is going to take some logistics. I would suggest going through and doing a SOG run with say 3 at first, then keep a clone of each around as a potential mother. Then test the bud, compare them to themselves and then try the next 3 and so on. You can keep the mothers alive and not have to try and flower 10 different types out at once, which should give you a large quantity of bud to grow out of each, giving a better representation of yield and quality. If your not even sure how big you should get your mother plants, then your probably not ready to take on THAT much of a challenge.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinetommyg615
snoooper

#770699 - 03/02/15 12:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

10 mother plants will take up some space. I'm not too sure the best size to keep them, I usually don't keep one and just clone the lower branches as I put them into flower and hope the clones root and I keep the strain alive. I've started to add variety now that I've learned to grow (Grapegod for at least 2 years now) so I could actually tell the difference when I changed something. Basic science tells you to only change one variable at a time if you want to examine change. If you change strain AND nutrient formula you won't be able to see the effects of your new nutrient formula.

i plan on using the same neut and soil continuously (canna terra bio line) so that the only variables (hopefully) will be the genetics, ive started a journal on here, it would be great if you could read it as it progresses and give me feedback (however harsh, i can take it)
i can see im going to have some hurdles ahead and i would feel much more confident with someone watching over.

Quote:

phychotron said:
It really depends on how many clones you want to take off each. Most people keep them small since they can still do a lot of clones and you don't need to feed it a lot. You'll have to play around and see where you and the plants like it. Don't be afraid to butcher some plants and watch them recover... learn learn learn. You'll notice the mother plant will become probably the best trained plant you have. You end up topping and trimming it back so much that it gets nice and spread out.

I was going to take shit loads of cutting of each, gives me room to play butcher and so on, but keep the best of the clonesd to do a s.o.g with and pass the rest to a friend who gorilla grows, i was under the impression that growing from seed was best to get the perfect mother but this certainly isn't my expertise

Quote:

phychotron said:

Its hard to say what your light requirements will be. A lot has to do with how big of an area your planning on utilizing. I'd keep the mothers together--you could use CFL's, say one each and then let them combine intensity, but that's not really the best way to veg. If you have to veg under CFL look into T5 fixtures, those work amazing for veg when you have enough.

whats the diffrence when it comes to vedge, it really confuses me which is whyy i went for the cfl, i always thort t5s were really ghetto, maby im wrong, would i be better with a metal halide if so what watt would you recomend?

Quote:

phychotron said:

10 mothers for 10 strains is going to take some logistics. I would suggest going through and doing a SOG run with say 3 at first, then keep a clone of each around as a potential mother. Then test the bud, compare them to themselves and then try the next 3 and so on. You can keep the mothers alive and not have to try and flower 10 different types out at once, which should give you a large quantity of bud to grow out of each, giving a better representation of yield and quality. If your not even sure how big you should get your mother plants, then your probably not ready to take on THAT much of a challenge.

i get that 10 (more like 12) is alot to start with but the notion in my mind was that if i grow a large number of seeds from a large selection of strains i should get a good idea of what strains are going to thrive in my conditions giving me the ability to make mothers of the most hardy (however many that is ) and kill of the genetic lines of ones that dont make the cut. i feel i should mention i am not putting my effort and money in to pull a profit, the one variable that dosent matter to me in a genetic is the yield. i care far more about the plants taste,look and smell not yield.  i really want to try breeding and eventually (like 30 years) have the perfect kush strain specially bred for hash (my prefered smoke) which i can take back to morocco and share with good friends and farmers that i no

--------------------
just ask frank

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #770728 - 03/02/15 07:09 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Some people claim you get strain degrade after cloning clones, but I've had no issues doing 12+ generations of perpetual clones. In fact this last run was the most flavorful yet. The seed usually flowers a bit stronger, but clones are perfectly fine as mother plants. It would probably be easier to keep your seeds as mothers and flower out clones of each, that way you can just start flowing soon after they root.What I was thinking is that you'd flower all the mother plants keeping a clone of each to decide, but it works both ways.

CFL's, those twisty bulbs are not the best, T5-HO (high output)is the most efficient last I checked. You have a much larger one, but the T5, say a 4x4 (4' by 4 tubes) or a 4x8 will spread the light out a bunch giving you much more even coverage over the plants. Something like this if you wanted to go fluorescent. When you get one of those right above a bunch of plants they do extremely well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T5-Grow-Light-24-48-Inches-Fluorescent-T5-HO-High-Output-Bloom-Veg-Clone-4-ft-/271563309513?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f3a6f41c9

I've never used MH but I'm not a fan of HID at all. I'd recommend LED's fully for veg. In veg they aren't producing a fruit (the flower) and has much less growth requirement, making those cheap LED's much more suited for that phase of growth. Even under the cheap LED's my plants veg well. I haven't had the need to replace them, but they will eventually get phased out for higher quality lights.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #770730 - 03/02/15 07:12 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2ft-4-ft-2-4-8-lamps-6500K-7500-lumens-T5-Tube-Grow-Light-for-Plants-Indoors-Use-/271635521178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f3ebd1e9a

There's a cheaper vendor. Id recommend ebay for the best deals on most things for the garden. This link might be better, claiming its a VHO fixture.

--------------------

Offlinetommyg615
snoooper

#770798 - 03/03/15 12:50 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2ft-4-ft-2-4-8-lamps-6500K-7500-lumens-T5-Tube-Grow-Light-for-Plants-Indoors-Use-/271635521178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f3ebd1e9a

There's a cheaper vendor. Id recommend ebay for the best deals on most things for the garden. This link might be better, claiming its a VHO fixture.

wow man thats dirt cheep, ill check uk ebay and amazon as that vendor does not shhip overseas

--------------------
just ask frank

OfflineGQush
knowledge is Powder
Male

#770996 - 03/05/15 01:07 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

ive used LEDs to shed some light from the bottom of the canopy. they had a good light spectrum and i believe helped tremendously.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what would you do with theese lights [Re: GQush]
    #770997 - 03/05/15 01:22 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Onto the bottom of the canopy?  Or coming up from the bottom?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinetommyg615
snoooper

#772678 - 03/18/15 02:25 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

just thort i should update, ive kept the 320watt led (its amazing) and ive sold the 300w for £500 (yes 5 times what i bought it for) overall im extreamly happy with my chinese gamble, think im gunna buy a load more from the same place, maby whack um on amazon after a quality controll here in the uk

--------------------
just ask frank

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds