Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Winter growing logistics
    #92630 - 07/24/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Here is the problem, my grow went to shit and i gave up so my friend started a few seeds around july and we want more of a yield than that because we live at 45 parallel and we have really long harsh winters so we devised a plan:

First we construct a deer blind, and seal/ insulate the shit out of it.
Get a few plants or perhaps do a sea of green operation.
Then run a heater and grow lights off a few car batteries for the winter.

It would take a lot of work but i think it would pay off in the end. Would this work, i mean, could we logically heat and a small deerblind and supplement light for a few months off just a few car batteries? I have grow lights and a lot of the building supplies, all we would need to get the insulation, wood, and the batteries. Also would i have to worry about police thermal cams from airplanes or do they just do that in the summer?
I know this seems pretty far fetched so any input is greatly appreciated.
peace:rasta:

--------------------
organic growers check out:
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Winter growing logistics [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #92702 - 07/24/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'd gladly trade you some of the heat my HPS is producing for you to use this winter. :muahaha:

Theoretically it would work, provided the structure was stable and using car batteries would actually work, and worrying about thermal imaging from the sky shouldn't be an issue, but I really think it would be difficult to implement, and probably not worth the effort considering the extent of a setup would be necessary to produce enough bud to be worth it. You're basically creating an indoor setup outdoors, and the effort that got put into it could go into creating a secure, stealth indoor grow.

--------------------

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Winter growing logistics [Re: Sirius]
    #92877 - 07/25/08 12:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

When the car batteries loose their juice you can take them to checkers and they will recharge the batteries for free. at least they used to do that, i dont know anymore.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Winter growing logistics [Re: FrozenReality]
    #93403 - 07/25/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the only thing im really worried about is making sure the batteries dont run out, so i guess i need to figure out how to wire a backup. what kind of equipment would this require?

--------------------
organic growers check out:
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag