Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: First grow, Blue Dream & Pineapple express, LST method. [UPDATE 11.14.14] [Re: 40oz]
    #764148 - 01/02/15 10:01 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

How long to harvest??
Hmm... well if light was preventing a 12/12 or less schedule,  um... about 8 weeks perhaps. (Or more)
Personally, I start flowering stopwatch when its hard set in and on its way.  Confusion in the plants lighting in this stage is critically bad.... button that down and just watch the progression of buds

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, Blue Dream & Pineapple express, LST method. [UPDATE 11.14.14] [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #764164 - 01/02/15 12:28 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Use Monterey's Garden Spray with Spinosad to quickly and efficiently destroy thrips. I'm not sure how well it works on others, but its a guaranteed/safe/organic/effective solution against thrips.

Thripe damage

Typically found on the underside of the leaf, often next to the vein hiding.

life cycle. Later in life they turn black (some) and start to fly. I though I was dealing with Gnats because of it (I could have been also) but they went away with thrips.

The solution:

Its a bacteria they found it in the 70's under a defunct sugar cane factory in the Caribbean and have found that it is like a thrip apocalypse.  Usually one spray will cut their numbers back to near extinction, but a second spray a week or two later and you'll be thrip free for awhile. I get them seasonally because I live next to grain fields that get harvested twice a year.

I would start with that if you can confirm you have thrips, then get something that treats fungus gnats if you still have the problem.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offline40oz
Stranger
Re: First grow, Blue Dream & Pineapple express, LST method. [UPDATE 11.14.14] [Re: phychotron]
    #764273 - 01/03/15 07:07 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

i'll keep it in mind if t gets out of control. The thrips i have never get passed the 2nd stage. just lethargic fat little grubs (i read they were called greenhouse thrips). i've only found 2 in the passed week of daily heavy inspection of both sides of the leaves. they also only hang out in the middle section of the plant.

I've been experimenting with Coco/perlite instead of soil in hopes it will reduce the bugs, the only downside i can see is the plants show deficiencies alot easier than soil plants go. I'm assuming there isn't much micronutrients as there is in soil.

If i only hadn't been soo lazy & just pasteurized the soil from the get go.

Offline40oz
Stranger
Re: First grow, Blue Dream & Pineapple express, LST method. [UPDATE 11.14.14] [Re: 40oz]
    #764933 - 01/11/15 02:07 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Pic update:
Here's a shot of the BD, gettin fatter, she's about 3 feet tall from the top of the pot:

a little closer:

obligatory cola shot:

she's starting to fill in with buds :feelspokeman:

Here's the PE, she's a shorty, about 2 feet tall:

If you zoom in you can see Thrip damage/residue on one of the fan leaves in this first pic. I'm trying hard to keep them under control without having to resort to pesticides. I inspect just about every leaf every day,
I also use a vaccuum+hose with the brush attachment and vacuum the undersides of the leaves with an upward stroke from the bottom to the top. It works great with no damage to the plant.

and that's all for now. My babies are growing up *sniffle* =[

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#764949 - 01/11/15 10:49 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Dang those are pretty nice for flowering under the t5 !  Thats y your plants got so tall and strechy.

I would be careful with that light on the ground two. Something falls,next thing you know your house is on fire.

Nice grow for the first time!

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#764955 - 01/11/15 11:44 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

For your thrips, a non-pesticide approach that may be more effective than using a vacuum cleaner, try these:

1.  Predatory nematodes.  Also very effective against fungal gnat larvae.
2.  Sticky blue traps for the thrips.  Sticky yellow traps if gnats.
3.  Pirate bugs

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #764994 - 01/11/15 04:14 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Montereys is gentle on the plants, I've even sprayed unrooted clones and had no problems. Nothing else seems to get rid of them, only cut their numbers. Your early enough into flower that you'll be fine using it.

Your infection looks pretty mild. I usually just left the thrips go at it if they came back during flower. For the most part they seem to like the lower leaf and avoid the sticky resin areas. I think if you left those plants as they are and then treated the next batch of plants with spinosad you'll be fine. Your already killing them off as you see them, and its not hard to spot new damage.

Before I had the spinosad I would crush the one's next to the veins with my fingernail against the leaf, and the one's in the open just crush/rub out with my finger. Its kind of fun when your on a roll.

I also used a wet sponge to wipe down the under side of leaves to try and mechanically remove any eggs that might be on there, cleaning it from time to time so to not just wipe them on to other leaves.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder