Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Study: Pot use higher in Colorado
    #763593 - 12/28/14 10:44 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

DENVER (AP) — Colorado emerged as the state with the second-highest percentage of regular marijuana users as it began legalizing the drug, according to a new national study.

The Denver Post reports the study by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health found about 1 out of 8 Colorado residents older than 12 had used marijuana in the past month. Only Rhode Island topped Colorado in the percentage of residents who reported using pot as often, according to the study.

The study averaged state-specific data over two-year periods. It found that, for the 2011-2012 period, 10.4% of Colorado residents 12 and older said they had used pot in the month before being surveyed. That number jumped to 12.7% in the 2012-2013 data. That means about 530,000 people in Colorado use marijuana at least once a month, according to the results.

Nationally, about 7.4% of people 12 and older reported monthly marijuana use. That's an increase of about 4%.

In Washington state, which also legalized marijuana use and limited possession for adults, monthly pot use rose about 20% to 12.3% of people 12 and older.

The survey is among the first to quantify pot use in Colorado since late 2012, when voters approved legal pot use and possession for those over 21. But the survey did not analyze data from 2014, when recreational marijuana shops opened, which means it is not a good indication of the effect of commercial sales on marijuana use.

"I don't think this tells us about the long-term impacts of legalization," said University of California, Los Angeles, professor Mark Kleiman, who studies marijuana policy. The number of medical marijuana patients in Colorado rose over the same time period, so the results are not surprising, Kleiman said.

He told The Post that researchers will have a better idea about pot use in the first state to legalize recreational sales of the drug once they can focus on data showing how many people use pot daily.

"The fraction of people who are monthly users who are in fact daily users has gone way, way up," he said.

source

SleepAid's Notes: I personally see no reliable way to conduct a study of this nature. In fact the survey agency the National Survey of Drug Abuse and Health employs to conduct this is an agency called RTI. I looked into it an RTI actually selects people at random for their surveys - and with the amount of people they select for surveys you can easily end up "representing 4500, or other" (nice way of saying possibly a lot more) people in your area according to RTI's FAQ. That sounds like very little reliably to me. I personally hate anything involving statistics or surveys but that's just a pet peeve of mine, I figured you guys might enjoy the article anyway

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order