Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes
    #761047 - 12/09/14 09:21 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Well if you’re watching your plant it should be fairly easy to tell the damage from pests from that of a deficiency. Damage from pests will usually start with damage to the plant usually in the form of small white spots from the bites to the plant like those caused by mites and thrips. Then there is small black spots that are the bug shit like that from aphids.

Now if your plant gets into a advanced stage of infestation (that’s a big word for me) the deficiencies caused by the bugs can be hard to tell from the damage caused by the bugs. Another thing that people don’t think of is some of the damage can be caused by the plants burning with their normal amount of food esp for the hydro guys that push the limit with the nutrients like myself. What happens is the plant gets sick from the buds and isn’t processing the nutrients as well and gets small burn spots or white tips on the leaves.

I myself don’t bother trying to figure out which specific deficiency the plants have after a bug attack. Once I know the bugs have been taken care of I go with a cure all. I’ll use something like Advanced Nutrients Revive that covers everything then when the plants look better continue with a normal feeding routine. Other method is to flush the medium (esp if using soil) good then continue with a normal feeding routine from there esp if there was no problem before the bug attack.

With my garden sizes I don’t have time to devote to one plant or a few that may have been attacked to I run the cure all  in a way that won’t hurt the plants that didn’t get the attack by the plants but have to be treated cause the are connected by a hydro system or automated watering system.

I never said it was the right way it's just simple and has worked for me for 30 years. :rasta:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: Magash]
    #761050 - 12/09/14 10:23 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Going to look into this1 thanks for sharing :stayfunky:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #761068 - 12/09/14 12:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:nothingtoadd:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: Magash]
    #761094 - 12/09/14 02:28 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Mites...
Let us pray for the soals who fell victim.

If crying and prayer won't work, burn your house down with the clothes you're wearing inside it, move to a different house, and grow there...

:laugh:
Ha!
          Good write up man. The nute reduction for lack of uptake makes a lot of sense too

Offlinewebster10

#761111 - 12/09/14 04:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Do you spray anything for bug prevention in veg? Thinking of spraying azamax at least once during veg for some protection.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: webster10]
    #761116 - 12/09/14 05:45 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Do you spray anything for bug prevention in veg? Thinking of spraying azamax at least once during veg for some protection.

I only spray in veg never in flowering even with organic stuff. I use a product called avid and it's pretty strong stuff.

Expensive as all hell but a small bottle will last the rest of your life no matter how big your garden is.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#761126 - 12/09/14 07:25 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

webster10 said:

I only spray in veg never in flowering even with organic stuff. I use a product called avid and it's pretty strong stuff.

Expensive as all hell but a small bottle will last the rest of your life no matter how big your garden is.

Avid works great. I will never worry about mites again!

link

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/754635#754635

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #761184 - 12/10/14 06:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-ounce-Generic-Avid-Miticide-Abamectin-makes-30-gallons-spray-/111539964036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Here's a score for you poor folks around...
Active ingredient "abemectin" in avid. Generic 1oz. makes 30 gal.
A steal @ 14 bucks, free shipping...

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #761185 - 12/10/14 07:03 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-ounce-Generic-Avid-Miticide-Abamectin-makes-30-gallons-spray-/111539964036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Here's a score for you poor folks around...
Active ingredient "abemectin" in avid. Generic 1oz. makes 30 gal.
A steal @ 14 bucks, free shipping...

For our uses it's 2.5 mil per gallon so that would make 12 or so gallons. Still a killer price.

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #761416 - 12/12/14 03:08 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

You notice any issues with immunity? I knew of growers who in a year's time went from avid to shuttle to judo and those mites kept adapting.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: GreenHorns]
    #761423 - 12/12/14 04:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
You notice any issues with immunity? I knew of growers who in a year's time went from avid to shuttle to judo and those mites kept adapting.

I've never had them bad enough to survive the first application and the next time I got them was years later. I'm really careful about them cause in the 80 and early 90s if you got them you were fucked. I've had them twice in 30 years.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: GreenHorns]
    #761425 - 12/12/14 04:24 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:

A new generation of "SuperMitesTM" has mutated that not only can resist most pesticides, but use a couple of them as a food supply after the plants die.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #761433 - 12/12/14 07:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Well, what they say is:

If the mites came from your house or yard, you'll be ok...

If the mites came from another grower via clone, ect., then you are fucked.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #761436 - 12/12/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Well, what they say is:

If the mites came from your house or yard, you'll be ok...

If the mites came from another grower via clone, ect., then you are fucked.

Pretty much confirms the pesticide resistance of mites from growers using pesticides.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #761437 - 12/12/14 10:02 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Remember that mites resistance to a certain pesticide is temporary. Use another one for a while and their resistance to the first pesticide goes away.

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #761450 - 12/12/14 01:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Remember that mites resistance to a certain pesticide is temporary. Use another one for a while and their resistance to the first pesticide goes away.

:whathesaid:

my dad is an entomologist, pres of state pest control society and teaches at Purdue U, n owns his own pest Co.   

magash is dead on with his statement :super:

I personally use pyrethrins from chrysanthemum plants called CB-80 Extra but thats been since discontinued :hehehe:

works well for fungus gnats also if you have myco projects going :sporedrop:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: 13buds]
    #761458 - 12/12/14 01:31 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I personally use pyrethrins from chrysanthemum plants called CB-80 Extra but thats been since discontinued :hehehe:

Amazon is still selling it. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#761464 - 12/12/14 02:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I ordered "femseedz" sts spray there... man I think you could score a kidney on Amazon

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#761478 - 12/12/14 04:30 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

dude there the shit!:cuteshit:

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: How I deal with pest detection vs. diagnosing the resulting deficiency the pest causes [Re: 13buds]
    #761504 - 12/13/14 05:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Predatory nematodes and Stratio-S mites from Beneficial Insectary in Redding CA for your fungal gnat control and other soil pests.  Fungal gnats suck the life out of your roots, and replace it with disease.  Kill 'em All!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds