Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
interesting results cloning
    #549056 - 04/21/11 05:44 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Ok So its been 3 full weeks after taking my clones.  Being the first time I have ever attempted it and only my second successfull grow.  I really didn't have to many expectations.  2nd grown ended badly when I left for a week and all of my plants were lost because a friends wife wasn't compitent enough to feed on the given schedual.  oh well.  #3 grow started great 8 healthy plants, they preflowered and I recieved one female.  Rather then growing from seeds again and having to deal with sexing I figured I will take some cuts and see how it goes. 
I fallowed the write up some one did on this forum to a T.  5 days in my cutlings looked so sick and un recoverable I decided to shut down my lights and let them slip into darkness.  being as i was upset they didn't take and a little dissappoint not knowing what I did wrong, I walked away from it to gather my thoughts analyse my actions to see where it went wrong.  4 days later i came back to clean up the solo's and remains of the plants.  when I opened the cab I was suprised to find 3 healthy cutlings looking healthier then ever.  I did loose one but she was small and the weekest looking one of all. 
I am even more lost now.  apparently the darkness healed them..  Everything I have read says clones are supposed to recieve 24 to 18 hrs of light.  So I am at a loss here.  any ideas why an extended period of dark would bring back plants that other wise had one root in the grave?
also is it possible to take cuts early into flower cycle say 1-2 weeks?  more or less a curiousity thing. 
Mom is doing well she is into her 3rd full week of flower and looking very strong starting to show good bud structure.  She has been lst'd, so she is very bushy with ample bud sites.  hoping for a dense quality crop rather then quantity.  My first harvest yeild about 6-7 oz from 3 plants of low to mid quality.  with the one plant I am hoping for 3 oz but with a quality level significatly higher.  as always its a learning process. 
I appoligies for the length of the post.  I have been away for a couple months and wanted to catch back up. 
and as always thanks for the help and insight.
sveumy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder