Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Phantom Cookies - Drying - Updated February 6 * 2
    #758733 - 11/23/14 07:22 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

November 23

Tonight is day 1 of flower for my 6 Phantom Cookies. I plan on running them a full 10 weeks with a 10-14 day flush. The Cookies are in 100% Roots Organic soil in 5 gallon pots and under a 1000w Hortilux HPS. Below I'll list all the nutrients and additives I'll be using in flower:

Botanicare's Pure Blend Pro Bloom and CalMag Plus
Advanced Nutrient's Sensizym and Bud Candy (later switched to GH Floranectar)
General Hydroponic's Floralicious Plus

and of course pH up and down

this is my first time using floralicious plus. excited to see how it goes. we just started using it at work too, but havent yet been able to see the results in any plants quite yet.

im hoping to get CO2 set up in my tent in the next few weeks. thats why i have that ducting just hanging down. once i get the CO2, i'll have that duct going out of the tent, so the fan will be pulling air into the tent and pushing it through the light and back out the tent, while the CO2 is filling the tent.

December 1

picked up a CO2 tank, regulator, and timer 2 nights ago and got that set up. i dimmed the 1000w to 600w for heat sake, and ran the ducting out of the tent so it pulls air from the room, and pushes it through the light, out the tent.. it got way too hot and humid the first night. humidity is still pretty high, gotta figure out how to drop it a little bit. 60-65% seems a bit high.

i have the CO2 set to run 15 minutes on 15 off at 1000ppm. the plants seem to be loving it!

December 8

first day of week 3. things are lookin good! had to refill my CO2 thank yesterday for the first time. im still winging it when it comes to PPM in the tent. i might grab a CO2 controller when i get my bonus later this month. i'm about 5 days between waterings, and recently switched to my bloom nutrients, including bud candy and floralicious plus. going to wait for about another 2 weeks before i hit them with beastie bloomz.

December 16

in week 4 now, 23 days into flower. i water about every 4-5 days. i hit the back 3 plants with beastie bloomz a couple days ago as a little experiment.

December 22

i had been feeding with every watering until recently. i watered 5 days ago with just sensizym, since last time i grew i had a salt buildup around this time in flower, and had to flush. so i watered this morning with nutrients again, and bumped up the amount of Beastie Bloomz slightly.

December 28

just snapped a few pictures. leaves are goin purple! looks really cool, had to share.

January 5

start of week 7 today. the flowers are definitely packing on a little extra weight now. im switching over from beastie bloom to cha ching when i water next. hoping to get those trichomes to really start packin on. i ran out of my 1 oz bottle of floralicious plus, so thats out of this grow now... also ran out of bud candy, so i switched over to general hydroponics floranectar sugar cane. i'd say i have about 3 weeks left. i want to run them 10 weeks at least and then harvest.

January 12

first day of week 8 today. i plan on harvesting at 10 weeks, so im starting to lower bloom PPM. been having good results with feeding every watering with a fairly low ppm. once the plants got into flower, i watered them with bloom nutrients every watering except 2 different occasions. the first time i just watered with calmag and sensizym ph'd to 6.4, watered 3 times after that with bloom nutrients, then another "flush" with just sensizym and floranectar.

i watered tonight with a low bloom ppm again, with regular strength floranectar, sensizym and bumped up the Cha Ching slightly to 1/2 tsp per gallon which is ~200PPM.

January 20

the watering before last was just sensizym and floranectar, and the last watering 2 nights ago was just plain sensizym, and from now on they'll only get plain ph'd water. like ive said before i plan on the 10 week harvest. maybe even a few days after 10 weeks. trichomes are lookin all cloudy right now, maybe a few clear, didnt really see any amber, but im sure they'll be where they need to by the time i harvest.

January 28

day 66 today. lookin beautiful if i do say so myself. been flushing for 14 days today, or 11 days if you dont count the first "flush" since it was floranectar and sensizym together. trichs are mostly cloudy, some amber and some clear. im scared to let the plants go on the full 10 weeks since ive been flushing for so long, but im almost there so maybe i will. too indecisive at the moment.

February 1

harvested 2 plants last night. picked off the fan leaves, left the sugar leaves, and hung em upside down to dry. today, i harvested most of the other 4 plants, all the main colas and big buds, but i havent gotten around to getting the smaller buds trimmed up yet. i might just say fuck it and leave the sugar leaves on the small buds and hang them up to dry.

February 6

went through again this morning and checked out the buds. seemed like pretty much everything was ready to get chopped down and put into paper bags to slow down the drying process a bit. this is my first time doing that (i think... i have a feeling i did this the first time i grew but i cant remember) so the buds are crispy and either breaking off the stems or close to it. almost everything went into paper bags, some wet stuff is still hanging. looks like quite a bit of bud in the bags. i cant weight to see the final weight.

this stuff looks and smells amazing. the smell is a little faint, but its there, especially when you touch the buds and smell your fingers. i have a good feeling about drying in the paper bags before jarring. i really feel like this is going to be the key in getting the buds to really smell and taste their best. i've fucked up enough crops, ill eventually get that dank dry/cure down.

Edited by CrushNazT (02/06/15 02:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
Re: Phantom Cookies - Flowering [Re: CrushNazT]
    #759556 - 11/28/14 05:05 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Floralicious plus is awesome,  I use it. I don't think it helps much on yield but more so with smell and taste and trichome production. I'm sure you will like it.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Phantom Cookies - Flowering [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #759561 - 11/28/14 06:31 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

yea, kinda what i was thinking. im not so much looking for an additive to pack on weight, i've got beastie bloomz. but i know the real secret to a high yield is CO2. we dont use a lot of additives at work, and i pull out MONSTER colas the size of pringles cans. super dense rock hard buds and stems. i'm gonna work on trying to get CO2 asap...

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Phantom Cookies - Flowering [Re: CrushNazT] * 1
    #759578 - 11/28/14 08:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Dam man I have been tring to stay away fromm this log !I want some Phantom so bad or just the gsc!

:loveintheair:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Phantom Cookies - Flowering [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #759626 - 11/28/14 05:32 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Dam man I have been tring to stay away fromm this log !I want some Phantom so bad or just the gsc!

:loveintheair:

aren't you in colorado?? for some reason i think i remember you saying you live in CO. if thats the case, if your lucky, i could toss ya a clone or 2.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759627 - 11/28/14 05:37 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

No Im not. But I would drive for one lol

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#759656 - 11/28/14 08:09 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ahhh damn. that sucks. move your ass to colorado and be legal!! :wink: then ill hook you up with some clones lol

i ran by the grow store after work and figured out a cheap CO2 setup. it'll run me about $270. fairly cheap. that's just for a tank, regulator and a timer. he showed me an analog controller that allows you to set the PPM for the room that ran about $250 if i remember correctly. so i'll probably get that for the next round of cookies. i cant WAIT to see how these plants respond to it. its absolutely insane what we grow at work. i gotta get that shit goin on in my OWN garden.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759692 - 11/28/14 10:07 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Shit man I want to do what your doing living outthere working in a shop. That has to be the shit.
I would come out in a heart beat if i had a job and a place to crash till I got my own.

Here I come weed heads in CO. lol

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#759857 - 11/30/14 08:15 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i bought a CO2 tank and regulator last night. my timer is broken so i have to get a new one later today. i ran into a few problems with the way i had the tent set up with the CO2 last night. i'll have to play around with things tonight when i get off work and when the light turns on.

i had the fan pulling air through the ducting, pulling air from the room and pushing it through the reflector and out the other side of the tent, through ducting that flows out of the bedroom. i had the CO2 on pretty low with the tent air flap things down so i didnt get too high of a PPM.

the tent was really hot inside, but the plants looked fuckin amazing. i could see an obvious change with how the plants were responding to the CO2 in just a few hours. there was also a LOT of moisture built up on the inside of the tent and on the fan and everything. i did water last night, so i'm guessing that's normal when the tent gets too hot. i just gotta cool it off, get a timer for the regulator, and i think i'll be fine.

my light is on at night, so i'll probably just crack the window in that room every night to introduce cold air to the room to cool the light/tent off. thats my best bet right now. i dont have an AC unit and im not about to buy one.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759873 - 11/30/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I use a inline booster fan and bring cool fresh air in ever time it get too hot in my hole room.

I also use this thermostat that controls  the booster to kick on and off (with in 5 degrees)

Sweet how much the co2 set run ya?

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#759889 - 11/30/14 12:09 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

$100 for the regulator and $140 for the tank. Refills are only 7$ too which is pretty sweet.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759891 - 11/30/14 12:23 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yea i dont think io have a place so cheaop around here.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#760017 - 12/01/14 09:44 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

updated with CO2!!!

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#760028 - 12/02/14 04:28 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

looks great dude!!

I saw people take that hose and make like a circle around there plants? Wonder how that works? you ever see that,and its like spraying the buds??

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#760031 - 12/02/14 05:58 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
looks great dude!!

I saw people take that hose and make like a circle around there plants? Wonder how that works? you ever see that,and its like spraying the buds??

yea i did see some circular thing to hook the CO2 tube into. i think just flooding the tent with CO2 will be good enough (for now) still gotta figure some things out to get the temp/humidity and CO2 right in the tent. might have to get another inline fan and just keep the CO2 on a constant flow since i'll be exhausting the air too... if only i had a fucking house, i could build a real grow room...

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#760282 - 12/03/14 07:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

so i realized i have to a few more adjustments to my tent before the setup is really dialed in.

the only way to keep the temp and humidity down in my tent is to use the inline fan to pull air from the tent, push it through the light, and out the tent and room. doing that dilutes the PPM of CO2 i'm trying to keep in there at all times.

so i'm thinking either:

1)    i'll buy a big carbon filter that i'll attach to my inline fan and then reflector, AND an analog CO2 controller to keep the CO2 at the correct PPM. i'm sure i'll be using a lot more CO2 this way, but fuck it. itll work and it only costs $7 to refill a tank.

or

2) i'll buy a small carbon filter and a 4" fan and run that by itself in the tent, while the 6" fan i already have will be pulling air through a duct from my bedroom, and pushing it through the reflector, and out the tent and out of the bedroom. AND the analog CO2 controller, to correct the PPM of CO2 thats being lost from the 4" exhaust fan.

so yay. more stuff to spend money on tomorrow!!!

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#760881 - 12/08/14 07:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

updated a little bit. starting week 3 today

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#760912 - 12/08/14 10:39 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:smokerage:I hate you

LOL naw just playing I just want that strain!:stayfunky:

lookin great

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #760959 - 12/08/14 05:41 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Nice. They look happy & healthy.... about to start their show

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineJack Ching
Bada-bing
Male
Re: Phantom Cookies - Flowering [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #761490 - 12/12/14 07:31 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Nice! :thumbup:

--------------------
Formerly: DieselB

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale